Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Love that skipping is apparently the ideal movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Comrade Question posted:

Watching F-Zero without music or commentary while some guy reads out an endless list of deceased grandmothers to that monotone engine hum is my idea of a good time.

this sounds like a great idea for a modern art installation

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

weekly font posted:

Nah there's nothing wrong with anime in theory and I don't care about people dressing up or whatever. It was just a gross pick and a boring game.

i didn't care about it until i remembered that there's a long and painful culling process to choose games for each marathon. There had to be a better choice

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
haha I'm loving the spirit bomb animation

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

HUMAN FISH posted:

Jesus christ, ohon is attending? And he's not running Ninja Gaiden?

castlevania 3 and megaman 5, apparently

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
kmac owns, jeez

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BattleKid is great

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RyokoTK posted:

So this is some kind of homebrewed NES game? It looks really fun and tricky. Like a not-lovely I Wanna Be the Guy.

Yeah. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Kid:_Fortress_of_Peril

quote:

Battle Kid: Fortress Of Peril[1] is a homebrew 2D platform video game, released in February 2010 for the Nintendo Entertainment System, created by Sivak Games,[2][3] and published through Retrozone with the cover art designed by Larry Bundy Jr. Unlike most games in the modern era, Battle Kid is available for purchase only on a physical NES cartridge. While there has been a demand for a downloadable version, the developer has stated that the game is currently not planned to be released on any other formats due to a contract with Retrozone.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I think I actually appreciate the brightness discrepancy between runners from a readability perspective. i think they might look too samey otherwise. I might just be an idiot though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Heck of a race

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i feel like CK is a mishmash of the fantasies of a 10-year-old while doom is like a 15-year-old maybe

not that I have anything against the games, it's just how they feel to me

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This is gonna be great. I love that he's playing it in flash player 7

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Jibo posted:

I like how no one ever reacts to donations from their parents.

that's why bonesaw is the hero we need

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Was I seeing things or did the lead change due to system lag right before the whirlwind?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Dwd pushed too hard and paid for it. Good race though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

snodig posted:

I went to bed right after Goof Troop. Anything AWESOME happen since then?

Boshy was excellent

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
here's the TAS version of that trick if anyone wants to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP27uZgN5pg

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Whitefire posted:

So i'm just gonna sit here in shock and wait for somebody to explain to me what the gently caress JUST HAPPENED.

look up a bit! http://tasvideos.org/4288S.html

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This agdq definitely had one of the worst first days, but all agdqs have horribly boring parts. It's just really bad for one to happen first day

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Poultron posted:

Actually frankly that's probably the best day for it to happen, a lot of people end up missing the first day because they forgot about it or didn't know about it etc.

Yeah that's true in the grand scheme. For those who are watching already, though, it's pretty off-putting

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I think this is my first time seeing arcade btoads, it looks great

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Battletoads: Nutpunching a Giant Rat Edition

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
jesus that 0xwas comeback. made that poo poo close

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Don't walk away before Tetris. If you're bored after 5 mins of it then do what you want, but at least give it a chance. It's nuts.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
hahahaah. the best thing

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
well he beat the estimate. :smug:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also, I've been meaning to play Shovel Knight but I've been too busy being lazy lately so I haven't gotten round to it yet. Should I be worried about spoilers?

I don't think the plot is really detailed enough to be a spoiler. If you don't want to see bosses/art assets in advance, that's up to you

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This game is nowhere near as easy as drake makes it look. I mean it's not exactly super hard, but if you're watching this without having played it and writing it off, don't

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yes, except for the crying baby

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Looks like it's actually ahead of last year's pace. Nice!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
FROM DOWNTOWN

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It's werster time. I am ready to witness the rage

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The last day will be gigantic for donations. FFVII, OOT, Super Metroid, even Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are pretty big draws

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
what's the sound link's making

is it HUH HUH HUH HUH

HA HA HA HA

AH AH AH AH

i can't decide

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
That was one of the most amazing things I've seen at an agdq

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Does zfg play this with a gc controller?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Bah gawd! He broke that guy in half!

nah that guy just rests in a recessed cone in the shop

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
what the gently caress is going on in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This thread's a bit dead but hopefully people won't mind one last necro for this momentous news: KevinDDR got GM in Terror Instinct, becoming only the 6th person worldwide to do so. http://www.twitch.tv/kevinddr/b/617073091?t=2h24m0s

• Locked thread