Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hey when the streams are going on Youtube this time around afterwards, can they be at least put in playlists seperated for each event? Gets a bit hard to sort through the channel when it's all out of order clips in the main upload area and no organized playlist.

Playlists will definitely be a thing once I touch up the script that handles the uploads, especially since I'm going to have to re-upload them all anyway (due to the new YT channel).

I'll also be reuploading the SGDQ2014 videos at some point, since they FINALLY enabled 60fps about a week after I finished uploading everything. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Kikas posted:

This might be a problem, since this yeah Twitch disabled automatic recording of everything that you stream to a channel, making it so you can only save highlights.

We have two machines making local recordings (one of them at a higher bitrate than the stream) and the script should ideally be quicker about churning the videos out this year (I think I'm finally done making tweaks to the workflow) so ideally I should be able to start getting videos uploaded as soon as I get home on the 14th.

No promises, of course.

But yeah, what Wayne said. The recordings stay up for two weeks minimum unless somebody explicitly deletes them, so that should cover for things at least as long as until I can get home and start uploading.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Anatharon posted:

The best moment of last year was the TAS stuff though.

At the risk of spoiling things you don't want to miss this year's TAS block either.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think UraniumAnchor wanted to finish it in time for it to be a preshow stream opener for AGDQ but I don't know if that actually ended up happening or not.

Sadly no.

I'm still doing one but at this rate it won't be finalized until February at the earliest. Which I realize is mad late, but better than not doing one at all.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Chocolate Donuts posted:

While I support this, isn't Go1den's throat currently as destroyed as Studio's? I thought he sounded pretty ragged last time they had him on donations.

That was ZachSK, not Golden. Golden isn't doing any hosting this year.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

RyokoTK posted:

What they really need to do is have more E-SPORTS commentary like they did with Super Metroid last year.

Tune in for the Ninja Gaiden relay race, then.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
blueglass didn't get kicked out of anywhere stop believing dumb rumors you read off reddit you idiots

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
The camera currently on the runners is the one that would have to be moved to show a crowd shot.

Also after everybody said SGDQ looked dead because of the empty chairs in the background we decided to try less crowd shots, especially during night shift when the audience is <10% capacity.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Darkwing's controller hated the extension cords. It's a dogbone, so maybe that had something to do with it. Plugging it in directly made it work.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

HGH posted:

They did run the new Giana Sisters last SGDQ I think.
Edit:Here it is. Although I don't think it qualifies as Mario anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_njGmkdAg

Yeah, the original Giana was a blatant ripoff, but the new one is very much its own thing.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
I think Whizz was originally an Amiga game, which would explain a lot.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Apparently Kid Chameleon status is uncertain. Who knows.

It's in. Quick summary:

- Peaches asked romscout a couple of days ago about making it a bonus game. rom says 'maybe'.
- An hour or so ago, Peaches comes up and tells me that rom had said we could do it 'if we weren't far behind schedule'. There's a setup block coming up, and he said that's when it would go in.
- I don't know where rom and it would be getting slotted in pretty soon is so I say it's ok, rather than do the smart thing and call rom. We announce it on stream.
- rom shows up and is more than a little upset, but decides that since it was a staff member (ie me) that hosed up and approved it, it would be lovely to pull it after we said it on stream.

tl;dr: I'm an idiot, but Kid Chameleon is being played right after AvP. It'll be 4 boss.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

King of Solomon posted:

Not sure why Fighting Masters was on screen for a few seconds there, but I approve.

Black magic.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Caleb's TV was too dark to see anything in Spark Mandrill and we had to go through 3 tvs before we found one that was good.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Just a quick thing about "closer on estimates", it's intentional in that the estimates DO NOT include the setup buffers this time around. Most games already have about 10 minutes factored in between games for untimed stuff and general setup, which is NOT shown on stream (but is used in the schedule) but for various reasons it hasn't been sufficient.

We've had way too many 'oh god something is broken and it's taking 20+ minutes to fix it' moments.

Also slotting in Kid Chameleon when I really shouldn't have. :ohdear:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

raditts posted:

Are the times they're looking at different from the times on screen? It looked to me like the final times were 37:15 / 37:13.

NG1/2 timing ends when the final timer hits 0, NG3 timing ends when the screen finishes fading.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Crak just stepped on his cart. :v:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Alteisen posted:

Btw the reason the colors look so ridiculous is due to an RGB mod done by one of the SDA members, poo poo looks so good.

S-Video, but it's using the RGB palette. So close enough.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

raditts posted:

I did two donations and neither of them got a mention :(

Unfortunately less than 10% of the incoming donations even get sent to the host's screen, and I'm willing to bet less than 10% of THOSE actually get read due to time constraints. Sorry.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

RyokoTK posted:

I would honestly go now, all you're going to miss is SOTN because there's a setup block afterward.

Animal Crossing is replacing that setup block, just fyi.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

curiousCat posted:

No I'm not asking when to donate for them, I get that. I'm wondering when winners are chosen for the prizes.

Grand Prizes will get drawn after OOT so that we can announce them, but the rest will get drawn at some yet-to-be-determined date after the marathon.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Got pulled out of bed to come fix.

Problem was finally traced to a $5 video cable.

I'm very tempted to just shut my phone off so I can sleep. :v:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Zuur posted:

Nice ninja edit. But seriously how many spare cords are there and nobody tried?

Eh, didn't want it to be misconstrued as me getting mad at the people for waking me up, since it still took me a few minutes to figure it out even after I got down there.

And that cable had been used less than 24 hours prior for the MMX race so it's pretty weird that it went bad in that time.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
OBS, yes. XSplit is a pile of rear end and crackers. (And the deinterlacing options aren't as good.)

Edit: As an example of XSplit being bad, we have a secondary machine for the Skype devs capturing the stream mirror feed, because Skype itself doesn't like the capture card and XSplit has a fake capture card output option which we feed into Skype.

All it's been doing for the last 24 hours or so is just sitting there so I can watch the stream output on the far side of the tech station, and every six hours or so the preview framerate drops like a stone and I have to restart XSplit to get it to come back to a watchable state.

Meanwhile all that's happened on the actual stream box, which has FIVE capture cards in it, is a couple of blue screens related to the lovely Avermedia drivers.

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 9, 2015

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Some people are just harsh on themselves when things go slightly wrong.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Cubey posted:

virtually guaranteed, since donations start coming in a hell of a lot faster the last couple days.

We're already ahead of where we were going into the morning of the last day last year, especially when you factor in the Humble Bundle (which is about $140k to the charity last I heard), and the last day always pulls in a ton of stuff. The pattern seems to be a surge at the start, a slowly receding pace during the week, and then another big spike at the end.

So if we don't at least break a million I'll eat my shoe.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
World9 Gaming provided a ton of practice equipment and is running the practice room for us.

I'm not certain what Tiny Build gave us, and rom isn't around for me to ask.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
The framerate kept spiking down because of network issues. We're going to go to a fallback until we get something more stable. Should be back soonish.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

CrashCat posted:

Not pictured: UA running around yelling "Does anyone have a cellular hot spot?!"

You're closer than I wish you were.

Anyway, we couldn't get the fallback working but the network eventually unfucked itself so I guess we're back for now. Sorry for the delay. :v:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Nintendo Kid posted:

This time last year, we were somewhere between $40,000 and $60,000 behind current total on the stream.

Bears repeating: The tracker does not include Humble Bundle proceeds, which is currently over $150k from what I've been told.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

weekly font posted:

Didn't the Minecraft guy donate an absurd about of money last year?

Yeah, he dropped his load on the first day this year I believe.

Edit: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donor/42900/12

Not sure why it's anonymous, but that's him.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donation/130050

For some reason only half of it was, and the other half was unassigned.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Uznare posted:

I heard from people at the event that the equipment wasn't in great condition (rf only consoles, bad controllers, snes consoles weren't soft modded, etc)so people have been resorting to practicing in the casual room. Is there any reason why that sponsor was selected without a quality check for the equipment?

Can't speak for the rest but "bad controllers" is kind of silly to complain about since people were supposed to be bringing their own anyway.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Twitch is making GBS threads itself at the moment, yes.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
^^ efb:argh: ^^

pentyne posted:

Why is this 1-handed? Does halfcoordinated not have use of this right hand?

Yeah he expained it at the start, basically his right side has vastly reduced usability. I didn't catch the exact ailment, though.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Sage Grimm posted:

Thanks to whoever cranked it up, that was great. :allears:

You're welcome.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Normally I try to avoid making my opinions on potential schedule drama known, but I'm so glad we got this instead of Minecraft. :allears:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

FailAtMagic posted:

How long does it take for a donation to become visible on the tracker?

When Paypal sends the IPN back. (Note that I don't mean the email notification, IPN is a separate notification that Paypal has to send to our server.)

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

FailAtMagic posted:

what about with a credit card?

Generally less than a minute but lots of things can delay it unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

zari-gani posted:

Cool to see not one but two people wearing my Wondershot shirt! I guess because it's the final day of AGDQ?

A few reasons, but that's certainly among them. You couldn't see it on camera but puwexil was wearing his Wondershot shirt as well.

• Locked thread