Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My family is Christian and they get Christmas Chinese every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like to imagine that he's just loving with Batman and is under his breath just keeps whispering "stupid rear end white folk."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ultragonk posted:

She doesn't seem that worried about it "No, Superman don't send me away, please." :geno:

She's Supergirl, she can just fly back,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I thought that was a Dr. Strange pitch and a pitch about how they are going to be the one to finally fix Aquaman.

They figured out how to fix Aquaman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, considering at this point they've basically just solidified the Gamma Bomb as "turns people into Hulks" has there even been a what-if where nobody snuck into the testing range and it got dropped on a populated city or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Wait I thought Amadeus Cho was Hulk now, what happened to that

This is an alternate universe version.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's an Avengers story where Diablo, using gamma-irradiated soil from a town the Leader previously destroyed with a gamma bomb, creates a potion which he uses to turn an entire Greek village into Hulks. Hank Pym has the bright idea of using Pym particles to merge all the Hulks into one gigantic Hulk, which they can then shrink down into a miniature Hulk. They get the first part sorted, then the gigantic Hulk destroys his portable laboratory, so they're stuck dealing with a 50-foot tall Hulk trying to smash them.

That may in fact be the one idea Hank Pym had that is worse than Ultron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Duke Nukem loves women, believes in bigger government and hates corrupt police.

I mean he also loves boobs a lot but y'know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

PS: it was pretty common for Clark Kent to stand for Bruce Wayne in older comics/cartoons with the latter using this to fake his way out of "I'm not Batman, see??"

Usually it was Clark standing in for Batman, not Bruce or wearing a rubber mask or something though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. From that it seems like he's chilled out considerably, but gained a worst haircut.

Nah, he's still a poo poo. He went on a dumb stupid rant about the new Star Wars film.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I have to point out that while Deathstroke can obviously survive that, Superman just totally tried to murder someone in those panels.

He burned off someone's arms earlier in the series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uthor posted:

Man, what are Internet communities like in the Marvel universe? I mean, I'm sure there's still plenty of fan/slash fic (Kamala mentions shipping Wolverine with ... someone I can't remember), but it must be weird being fans of people/factions that cause so much collateral damage.

I imagine it is exactly like the modern internet except the horrible people are praising Dr. Doom instead of Donald Trump. "Sure, he's a horrible monster but he speaks his mind!" "He might have tried to shoot the Fantastic Four into space but he's got confidence!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Norns posted:

What? How does a belt spin. I don't understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c02TbenQ8_k

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Turns out Spider-Man was married to The Sentry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

Instead of just taking off her disguise Harley puts a disguise over her disguise.

Modern Harley has bleached Joker skin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dolash posted:

So they can't say ****, but Ron Howard can pick up as many hookers as he likes. Comics are interesting.

It is always bizarre to me that they censor "poo poo" but show Superboy Prime decapitating people, yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cangelosi posted:

Wait...Frank Castle is a LAWYER now?

Spider-Gwen universe is an alt-universe where many things are reversed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

But Murdock is still a super powered blind person lawyer, just evil? Weird.

It's not full bizarro, just thematically reversed. Like Peter becomes the Lizard rather than just being Gwen's boyfriend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Young Clark Kent has just scored his first big interviews in Superman American Alien #4.

This is the first thing I've seen from AA that I've really liked. Clark being super-excited about getting an interview is nicely humanizing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No lie, Shazam + Captain America is honestly one of the best of the goofy crossover ideas. (Especially making him Freddy and not Billy.) "Trickery of Nixon" goes a bit far but still.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

Much like 10 Beers is obligated to post that same poo poo in every panel thread for some reason, I am obligated to mention that the What If about Galactus turning into Elvis is unironically my all-time favorite comic story. Too bad the rest of the issue is terrible.

But doesn't even have Venom in it!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

I like how the other onlookers are totally okay with this usage of superpowers

I assume they thought he was just a really good mime with a weird gimmick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So we're okay with the mime reminding Ben yet again that he's outwardly a stone-monster and people will endlessly judge him solely on his appearance, but rear end in a top hat-mime getting a little karma thrown his way by someone very close to Ben is too much.

This loving website.

Ben had his feelings hurt by someone he was aware of. The Mime literally is weeping in horror as he believes he is going to die. These are not equal. The mime is a shithead but the response to someone making fun of a friend of yours is not to pull a gun and shove it in their face.

I'm not tearing my hair out over it but I just don't genuinely think it's funny.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 11, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squizzle posted:

children love Javier Pulido

they will do whatever his enchanting linework depicts

such is their innocence

You can think something isn't funny without believing it will make children murder people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or maybe if you live in a world where it is common public knowledge that people have super-powers it's not a wise idea to make fun of their friends

Last I checked, who the Fantastic Four are and what they can do was not a secret.

Just a thought.

I live in a world where people carry guns and I still would think someone is lovely for pulling a gun over an insult.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

That girl looks familiar.

... I don't see literally a single similarity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

So Captain Hero from Drawn Together has his own comic now, huh.

Nobody remembers that show, Gavok.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

That baby won't live long enough for it's sperm donor to come up.

Nah, if it gets to be too big a problem it'll just go to live with a foster family offscreen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peter doesn't like harem anime because it's too much like his own life.

"Siiiigh. Another anime about a normal dude who gets amazing powers and is beset by attractive supermodels who want to sleep with him. Can't anyone write anything escapist anymore?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the "work which becomes a genre unto itself". The creators literally put that statement in the opening title sequence, and it's lived up to it ever since. Its stylistic originality and influence is basically unsurpassed in anime.

That is some pretty extreme exaggeration. Cowboy Bebop is a good show but it is not the Ur-Anime from which all other shows are formed or whatever.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 2, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Your honor. Do you know about the concept of CLONES?" "We are not bringing that poo poo into my courtroom Mr. Murdock." "But it's relevant to the case!" "Then the case is DISMISSED because I am not putting up with Clone Sagas in MY courtroom."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Guy is probably the most stable and competent human green lantern. Think about that.

(JLI. natch.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

The most well-trained fighter on the planet knocked Guy out, a can of corn once knocked Hal out.

Guy Gardner, canonically, was once trapped inside a giant banana billboard by the Royal Flush gang.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knormal posted:

I really hope the rest of this issue is just the ring hitting up bars, partying with some frat boys, maybe playing some frolf, enjoying the sunrise, then silently slipping back on Hal's finger just before he wakes up.

The Ring goes to John Stewart who proceeds to help save Christmas or something similar.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Oh man Vision :allears:

You just know that if you listen to Hank Pym's theory long enough it becomes weird and racist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beast being hit in the face by a hammer is always a good time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

How come hes talking like that? Thats not how Galactus talks.

How do you know how Galactus talks? Have you ever talked to Galactus? No, it's always the running away and screaming and being a dick. No wonder he never talks to you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Hmm, what if instead her partner was a slick, fast talking con man type to contrast wither by-the book go get 'em attitude. I'm thinking of like a... Michael Cera or Wil Arnet type.

Eh, too cliche. They need to be funny animals or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

(World's Finest #207 apparently.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fatherdog posted:

"The joke behind Squirrel Girl, created by Will Murray and Steve Ditko, is that she’s an unlikely hero who looks sort of ridiculous in her furry mammal costume, yet somehow she proves unbeatable against every dangerous villain or crazed maniac she meets. One may wonder if the gimmick has the sticking power to support an ongoing series, but it’s worked pretty well for Batman for the last 75 years."
-Andrew Wheeler

... haha, god drat.