Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

tenniseveryone posted:

From Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #4.

Context: Norman Osborn's come around to shake down the FF. The grown-ups are away. Franklin has assured Val he can "mess with Osborn's head."

And there I was thinking nothing could ever top his "To me, my Galactus" moment. Way to go, kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, Say Nothing knows the score. Post some funny panels guys, no one cares about insecure Americans trying to big up their stunningly mediocre, garbage-laden food. :colbert:

No idea where it's from but I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

I'm not exactly surprised that the ex-games journo would sneak in HK47 and T3-M4 alikes, he used go on about how much he liked them and Kreia back in the day. I give it a dozen issues before a take on G0-T0 shows up too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If anything, I'd say the Krogan were way more varied and developed than Wookiees. Plus, y'know, Poet Krogan and Posh Gentleman Krogan. Yeah, they're fatalistic as a people in general but mainly because it's been thousands of years of poo poo after poo poo piled on them.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

fatherboxx posted:

I love comics built around bad puns

from Fantastic Four Giant-Size Adventures #1

This is wonderful, I wish there were more. Love the Stan Lee cameo as well.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
:vince:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Shawn posted:

Why Kathryn Immonen doesn't get more work while KSD continues to is a fuckin' crime.

A million loving times this. Everything of hers that I have read has been a delight.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's certainly some of the ugliest, off-putting, seemingly low effort art I've seen in a book in a good long while an acquired taste. A shame really as the actual scripts seem to be rather fun whenever someone sticks up a page or two in the funny panels thread.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ghostlight posted:

I would - and not just because I like the Squirrel Girl art - but because I also experience profound schadenfreude from the impotent bitching about it that happens every time USG is brought up.

Ghostlight posted:

I don't know, is this lovely opinion ironic? If not, then why would its opposing lovely opinion be? I read an article the other day saying the age of irony is over, so I guess everyone really is this much of a bitch over how legitimately artistic the loving illustrations of a book about a girl who has adventures with a goddamn squirrel are.

You seem angrier than anyone else here about all this, are you okay? All anyone else has said is they don't like the art, you're the only one actively being hostile and seemingly on the verge of a meltdown over it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Anora posted:

I'm conflicted about if this is a "Optimus Prime dies to much" thing, or "Optimus Prime isn't a Headmaster" thing

Of if the fact that Headmaster were a thing is also a joke.

It wasn't Optimus Prime, it was a mindless, fake Optimus Prime head under Shockwave's control until Optimus Prime's actual head got back into range! :eng101:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If you need a case for your phone you're either an arthritic old person or a chump. :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Benito Cereno posted:

If that was a reference to the Brother Power post above yours, the Geek was created by Joe Simon, not Jack Kirby.

Kirby definitely did not hate hippies. The Forever People, for example, was basically a love letter to the younger generation of that time, despite the fact that Kirby himself was in his 50s, which would normally be prime time for hating young people. To the latter point, the magic powers Kirby believed hippies had would be optimism and idealism, which just found themselves literalized in his comics in the same way that fascism is literalized in the form of the anti-life equation.

A major theme of the Fourth World--and one that pulls from classical mythology as well; cf. the Titanomachy and Aeschylus's Eumenides--is that each generation learns from the mistakes of its parents and progress moves inexorably on. Orion and Scott Free are better than Darkseid, and the Forever People are even better, as they don't carry even the same prejudices that we see within the New Genesis society.

Awww, I take it all back, he sounds like a genuinely cool and sweet dude, even if he did draw everyone like derpy, swivel-eyed lunatics and give them the dumbest names humanly possible. The world needs more sweethearts like that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I will never understand American cartoonists' obsession with slapping labels everrrrrrrrrrrrrywhere. I mean, sure, there are some UK ones just as guilty (FFS, Chris Riddle, cut that poo poo out) but holy gently caress, it's another level in the States, every glance in the political cartoons thread is just wall to wall idiocy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Senor Candle, Head of the Squirrel Girl's lovely Art Defence Force to the rescue! No one shall dis the books garbage artist on his watch, no sir!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
No. The world is not yet ready for a mutant with the gift of lactating force beams from the punch dimension.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Source: Some new Green Lantern or whatever, I don't know what the gently caress.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

theflyingorc posted:

Really stupid to use a thing that exists

If the phrase was Chocolate Pizza Bagels he never would have guessed it

A couple of weeks in Scotland would ensure he would have.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

muscles like this? posted:

Reading those panels in Matt Berry's voice is pretty great.

Thanks a bunch, now I'm imagining Matt Berry for Shuma-Gorath.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Don't leave us hanging, dawg! Does he move him or not?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phylodox posted:

Man, I think I'm done with Rat Queens. The artwork is really just not doing anything for me at all, anymore.

Yeah, the series has been terribly disappointing since the original artist was (quite understandably) sent packing and the writing really wasn't able to take up the slack, it's just kinda lame and mediocre now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
:allears:

Al Ewing is an international treasure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It would have been way better if Mr Jarvis had become the Vision. The power of the Mind Gem combined with impossible levels of dithering. :allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Can we just rename this the Living Ghost Owns thread? I want more Living Ghost.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I rather like that almost without fail, Creed will show up on Logan's birthday and gently caress him up and peace out for a present.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm thinking Gwen's basically what you get if you dump Wicked Hate in the MU.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wanna see more wit and wisdom from the Mummy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He's really very normal, he just has fondness for farce and lowbrow absurdity.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The main thing I'm taking from that old New Mutants bathing suits pic is that Roberto is a short arse.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Selachian posted:

And that's not even the grossest thing Ellison published in Dangerous Visions. (Look up Piers Anthony's "In the Barn." Gwan, I dare yas.)

That's a tale on the morality of humanity's use/abuse of animals to serve its needs, right? Presumably it's taken to the awful extreme to really hammer the point across.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pacra posted:

Injustice : Ground Zero #15.

Of all the incantations, infernal contracts, and general terrifying magical and otherdimensional powers and diabolical attributes to levy at someone in the DC universe, Zatanna goes for something truly insidious.

That seems rather mild. I vaguely recall reading about some woman who only went every six months.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Alhazred posted:

Being in the close proximity of John Constantine and surviving pretty much makes you the most powerful being in the universe.

Chas is God?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gwen discovers stream of consciousness thought bubbles and our cramped, real world apartments really don't mix.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What's complicated? A fat Goon with no legs and bad hair has a mutant help build him a dumb, lovely looking robot suit for him to superhero in, gets jealous when his girlfriend's dead ex comes back in the bod of a hot, dead demigoddess, gets himself a new set of legs made from dead flesh, goes nuts, fuses with a Tetsuo style monstrosity just in time to see his mutant pal turn his dumb, lovely robot suit into a badass 90s mega morphing mechsuit that shits over anything Tony Stark ever made for breakfast before finally dying an ignomious death. Simples!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My absolute fav moment from a largely wonderful first 100 issues is the story where Cobra trick the US government into detonating a megaton's worth of explosive in the Gulf of Mexico to destroy a sham bunker on the sea bed, resulting in an earthquake that drags a big chunk of land up above sea level. Cobra immediately stake a claim on it and send in a squad of lawyers to the UN for official recognition as a sovereign state, which is granted. It ends with CC gleefully remarking that if you have enough money and buy the best lawyers, you can do anything you want while the Joes dejectedly slink off with their tails between their legs.

:911:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
For a bunch of AmWay/MLM scammers led by a failed used car salesman from an idea originally spun out from a prospective SHIELD vs HYDRA series, it's bizarre how cool and weird Cobra turned out. I still don't know or get why they palled around with a bunch of swamp dwelling bikers who followed a chameleon ninja and were paid in donuts and grape soda. And I love the nod to Doc Ock's origin with Doctor Mindbender. It's all surprisingly classic mad comics poo poo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It’s okay, Doom just skeletonized them. All he did was make them cooler for Doom is generous and does no wrong.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't the good Death's Head show up in the Baxter building during Spock's tenure or something weird like that.

He's popping up everywhere these days, it's grand. He was fighting Black Bolt at the edge of the galaxy a few months back...until the cheque cleared, at which point he hosed off and left them all to it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nipponophile posted:

Only a year or so. Absorbing Carol's memories started driving her crazy, so she sought out Xavier for help not long after.

A year? Did she spend all of it trying to kill Dazzler then? I do remember that when Rogue and Allison joined the team, the latter was seemingly always giving Rogue poo poo for it and any excuse to shoot her was eagerly taken.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Is it just me or did this guy used to be a lot scarier?

At least 20 years ago he was holed up in MC1 lodging with a sweet, little grey-haired old dear he could have easily just killed but was similarly polite and respectful to. Sydney is a well-mannered young lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

prefect posted:

Spielberg made a movie out of "Ready Player One", so he should be eaten by wolves as soon as possible.

Spielberg made Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark, he gets a lifetime pass to do whatever the gently caress he wants. :colbert: