Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

X-O posted:

Nova is great. Read Nova.

What run is this from? I picked up "Human Rocket," and was kind of disappointed, but this looks way more up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

SilverSupernova posted:

The current one that just launched yesterday.
I can't find the quote at the moment, but apparently the writers mentioned taking some inspirations from Nextwave.

Thanks!
I'll have to put it on my pulls list. I'm definitely digging the art style of this new one over the art in "Human Rocket".

Content!
From Multiple Warheads by Brandon Graham

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

As a teacher myself, this one is way too real.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Phy posted:

Given that the very first thing she geeks out about in the room is a Wookiee with a railgun for a head I'm thinking it's definitely the latter.

I hate that I know that that's a reference to a really stupid Boba Fett EU book where he works with a big lizard dude who has had his head replaced with a rail gun. It's nowhere near as cool as it sounds.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

You're monologuing about using humor to deflect the reality of the violence you inflict, while quoting a classic Looney Toons skit without context or comedic timing, Spidey. :spidey:

Yeah, this is not Spidey's tight five. I always liked the one where his internal monologue is about how he uses humor to distract himself from how scared he is.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Maxwell Lord gets to come back but Ted Kord has to stay dead because of 'cosmic balance?" Ugh.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

TwoPair posted:

Ted Kord is alive. He's not an active superhero but he's alive, so at least there's that.

I needed to find this out today more than I am comfortable admitting

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, Chip has really been flourishing lately. He still goes for comedy sometimes, but he's handled emotional drama well and he's done good work in indie horror as well.

His run on Jughead is also just fantastic. I wish the Archie reboots had stuck with weird goofy comedy instead of going down the Riverdale high drama teens route.

Jughead # 9

Strange Cares fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 12, 2021

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Right, it was really good as weird goofy comedy when the reboots started, but what they've been releasing lately (save for stuff like Jughead the Hunger, which rules) has been very directly inspired by Riverdale. Also, the mainline archie reboot had a sharp left turn into, like, people getting in car accidents and the like.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

I do love Liefeld's lovely, impossible guns. There's something really charming about how stupid and blocky they are

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Zetsubou-san posted:

:swoon:

just great expressive artwork

It's weird seeing the artist for Giant Days on DC characters, but good for them!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Elf with a Gun represents the senseless violence of the universe. There is no explanation on purpose, any attempt to explain it inherently destroys the concept.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No no no MORAL OF THE STORY: The Elf with a Gun was an 'ELF', with a 'GUN'!

gently caress, you're right, how did I gently caress that up so badly

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Elfface posted:

Can you guess which cup was full of nickels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He's wearing spats, hence no visible laces. The shoes are black because he's not a clown.

Sounds like someone bought into Beau Brummel's line of marketing