Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
drat the context, full speed ahead!

(Harley Quinn #13)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

Actual answer: He broke into Avengers Mansion, where Clint just keeps all his old poo poo. It has surprisingly poor security.

There needs to be more Deadpool singing Queen. Just because.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

David D. Davidson posted:

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

THANK GOD I'm not the only one who was thinking that.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Say Nothing posted:

Captain America, the classic 1979 version.

Oh, Reb Brown. :allears:

Oh wait, he neither screams insanely or kills anything. gently caress those movies.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yvonmukluk posted:

He doesn't even show up in costume till like 45 minutes in!

Yeah...second one's a bit better, but that's mostly because the villain is Christopher Motherfucking Lee.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yvonmukluk posted:

Playing a South American guerilla leader. :psyduck:

Christopher Lee is awesome enough to play any race. :colbert:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

goldenoreos posted:

Funniest panel for me this week comes from Spider-Man & The X-Men #2

Sauron played by Doctor Dinosaur.

E: fuuuuuuck

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Turns out Vader's a little self-conscious about all that burn damage.

Star Wars #2

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Uthor posted:

I wanna believe that he didn't kill the guy, just spun his helmet around so he couldn't see out of it.

Dude, it's Vader. Guy's totally dead.

Also, seriously, why the hell didn't the prequels have less lovely dialogue and more "Spin your hear 180 degrees with the Force"? George:argh:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Question IRL posted:

I remember reading a Captain America comic from the 80's where Cap goes to this "idealistic" turn of the Century representation of America.

Speaking of which, have a z-list Spider-Man foe!

Marvel Team-Up #120

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Post Funny Panels - Mostly Just Deadpool and Dr. Dinosaur

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teenage Fansub posted:

The last preview page of Bluewater's George Lucas biography comic, out today.
https://www.comixology.com/Orbit-George-Lucas-Rise-of-an-Empire/digital-comic/197804?ref=c2l0ZS9saXN0L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDU3NTU

I'm usually pretty driveless. I wish I never learnt to to swim :(

"I hate water. It's cold and gets into everything."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Shameless posted:

It was canon anyway. She's always been English as far as I know.

edit: Just like Blade.

I just assumed she was British because her name is Jessica Drew.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SomeMathGuy posted:

:eyepop: I'm honestly impressed they figured out a way to trump the bizarre decision to have Dracula narrate their Stephanie Meyer comic and imply that somehow Twilight was furthering his vampiric agenda.

Bluewater Comics: The Company Still Fueled Entirely By Cocaine!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The MSJ posted:

Promo art/cover for Starfire's solo series.

Whoa whoa whoa, who made the decision to actually put clothes on her?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Selachian posted:

Lead actually tastes pretty sweet. The Romans used lead salts to sweeten their food.

And look how things ended for them!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He has great IDEAS sometimes, but he lacks the talent to really make them a reality. If he had a handler to swat him with a newspaper when he started to go off the rails, he'd be a lot more enjoyable. Frank Miller was kinda like that before he went all WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES.

Did Frank go WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES right around where he went MUSLIMSTERRORISTSMUSLIMSTERRORISTS, or were those two different journeys into batshit craziness?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IShallRiseAgain posted:

What? You think a meme that has been completely run into the ground is unfunny? You must be a gamergater.

To be fair, if they wanted a meme that had really been run into the ground, it would've said "THOR'S HAMMER CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS".

(Also, to be fair, I still laugh at that one.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Soonmot posted:

Can someone post the Raiders of the Lost Ark homage in this week's Darth Vader, please?

How abouot the Last Crusade homage instead? It's funnier.

(Seriously, the first 5 pages or so are extended Indiana Jones jokes.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Why is Darth Vader just keep getting funnier??? I mean, when I pick up an issue of a comic series about Darth loving Vader, I don't expect to laugh out loud repeatedly.

Darth Vader #4

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

I assume that's another 3PO and not the one we're normally familiar with? The lighting/colouring there doesn't make it clear.

Yeah, those two are assassin/torture droids that Vader picked up with his new archaeologist ally.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

goatface posted:

This sounds like someone describing their tabletop game.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

...that makes total sense. They're the totally metal, hardcore, gritty updated Transformers/Turtles/Captain N of the Star Wars U.

"No, Uncle Palpatine, it's not lame that I'm playing with my old toys! They're cool now, they're BLACK and have rocket launchers and flamethrowers and make rad jokes about murder!"

"And they torture people!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

John Dyne posted:

I dunno, they did blow off half of Raph's face and make him the new Shredder, cut off Leo's hand and have him graft an extendable katana in place of it, and drop Donny out of an exploding helicopter and turn him into a cyborg. I mean, that was all eventually determined to be 'not canon at loving all holy poo poo' but they ran it! It was on the shelves! And some of the original storylines had Raph and Casey shooting thugs with uzis and poo poo and being fairly graphic about it.

Eastman and Laird were Todd before Todd.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

John Dyne posted:

That's a good way of putting it.

I remember, I think it was at the end of the New York war arc, they're fighting Karai and some of the elite Foot or whatever, and Donny gets his rear end beat and has to shoot one with a gun from one of the dead thugs, and I think it was Leo who impaled one on a piece of exposed rebar.

Fan interpretations got nothin' on the original, save for maybe more turtle penis.

I didn't read much of the original run, but I recall one storyline that had Raph getting his mutant blood sucked out of him by a leech, which then became a giant mutant under the orders of some sort of nature elemental literally called "Old Man River". And because he had no mutant blood, he'd reverted to a regular turtle because that's how genetic modifications work.

Then there was a backup story about some kind of extradimensional roadway that mutated humans into something out of Rob Zombie's nightmares.

Eastman and Laird could give Junji Ito a run for his money on occasion.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

prefect posted:

And a Vietnamese scientist! :science:

And transistors.

So many transistors....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

John Dyne posted:

There was another where there was an ancient ninja amulet that, on a certain day every X number of years, allowed someone to manipulate reality, and the world, however they like. Long story short, Shredder used part of the amulet to revert Mikey into a normal turtle, and while everyone was fighting and the amulet was being tossed around, Mikey got ahold of it as a tiny little turtle and used it to conjure up the biggest slice of pizza he could.

Also, there was Cudley the Cowlick, the transdimensional cow head that would transport people across the cosmos and timelines inside of its mouth, to take it to a planet where they did nothing but professional wrestling. Raph got a new, all-black costume during this.

TMNT took the piss out of everything.

Yeah, but those were the Archie Comics version, which was completely batshit.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Zero_Tactility posted:

That's an awful lot of crystals.

So many crystals!!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

a kitten posted:

I ran across a couple panels from a Star Wars manga and pretty boy bishounen Chewbacca is the best and I can't stop laughing at him.

Ah yes, Star Wars Manga. Where instead of cauterizing wounds, lightsabers, uh...

Huh.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

See this is my problem with manga, Slave Leia looks like a 10 year old with d-cup titties. I now feel like I'm on some kind of government watchlist.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Prison Warden posted:

Read better manga

Touche.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

Dini himself has gone back and forth. In Mad Love it's implied she slept her way to a decent GPA, but Gotham Sirens has her be good enough to mess with multiple Gothamites' heads.

And her current series has her fairly skilled in dealing with patients. Albeit they're mostly golden oldies...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

Multiversity #2:

:lol: Considering how loving much I hate the Batman: Vampire series, this is some genius comedic gold right here.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Random Stranger posted:

That's actually a reference to the live action J'onn from the pilot to the aborted Justice League series.

Poor David Ogden Stiers....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Post Funny P-Actually, It's All Dr Dinosaur

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

I knew the release dates so I kind of thought maybe it wasn't a thing but who knows, Alex Ross might have been invited to the set one day.

And his reaction was likely "...no, no. Just....no..."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Waterhaul posted:

It's Nu Fury's oldest friend Cheese.

(it's Coulson)

I can actually see Clark Gregg saying that, so kudos to the writer.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cheshire Puss posted:

To be fair, Iron Man breaks immersion pretty hard when he slams into things at about 200mph without lasting effect. Even without the armour.

Yes my immersion dammit.

Avengers 2 spoiler: More recently immersion was shattered when Tony beat the Hulk in a fistfight somehow.

Doesn't the Hulkbuster armor have a long history of being one of the only non-gamma things to be able to beat Hulk?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Veronica was built for the sole purpose of beating Hulk and was designed by Tony and Bruce

Also this.

And am I the only one who thought the idea of it being called "Veronica" loving hysterical?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TheJoker138 posted:

If you thought that one was funny, wait until you hear why his new AI buddy is named FRIDAY.

You mean his petty secretary AI from the comics?

I was more disappointed that he rejected the AI clearly labelled JOCASTA.