Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yeah, I also got that reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

That second panel will never not be hysterical to me. If only because Mag's eyes have gone full-on Tommy Wiseau.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

And then they gave Cheryl her own book and kinda ran into the same problem where she has to be at least sort of likeable in her bitchiness for it to work. Hence why she's only a semi-regular supporting character now.

But yes, this is basically accurate, though she doesn't even really like Jason in the normal books. It's more a "he's a piece of poo poo, but only I can call him on it because he's my brother, OK?!"

As I recall, she's basically the Cersei Lannister of Riverdale.

With allllllll that implies.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

John Dyne posted:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

OR CONFEDERATE CYBORG ATTACK

This is pretty much '60s Batman: The Animated Series, isn't it?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

achillesforever6 posted:

I like the Shazam ones (because they got Kevin Conroy to do someone other than Batman)

Oh he did something other than Batman once before, and it was glorious.

WONDERBOOOOOOY!!!!!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dacap posted:

It could be worse. Gail Simone wrote Scott Aukerman, Kulap Vilaysack, and Paul Scheer into her Red Sonja comic as bog cannibals.

Yeah, but Paul Scheer helped bring back Brute Force, so having him in any universe is pretty okay in my book.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Benito Cereno posted:

In case anyone is wondering the plot of that issue since it comes up so often, the gist of it is that Superman decides to adopt Jimmy Olsen, but during like a "trial period" before the adoption is official, Superman receives a prediction that he will destroy his son, and so he acts like a jerk to Jimmy so that Jimmy will refuse to make the adoption official. Then it turns out that the actual prediction was that Superman would destroy a SUN, but at that point it is too late and the adoption does not go through.

The lesson here is that the Silver Age was loving bonkers.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Say Nothing posted:

No wonder robin killed himself.

Uthor posted:

Bruce Caitlyn doesn't give a gently caress about your standards of beauty.

I don't care if it was low hanging fruit.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lurdiak posted:

Evidence points to yes:

Sorry but as that person is from a galaxy far, far away, technically not an Asian.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Uthor posted:

Ultimates 3 :flashfact:

Also, the least bad thing about that comic.

Yet still not as bad as Ultimatum though. *shudder*

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ManiacClown posted:

Ultimatum was, I think, the worst of Loeb's three "efforts" in the Ultimate universe. It seemed like he was just phoning it in and giving it minimal thought if that. At least New Ultimates had some sort of plot-ish thing beyond "Grr, let's go get Stryfe Magneto!" Ultimatum, though, seemed like it was just a spectacle for a spectacle's sake, like lighting someone's house on fire and saying, "Yeah, but doesn't it LOOK awesome?!?"

Except it didn't look awesome. Especially what Loeb did to Wasp.

Christ.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

goatface posted:

It is not. Why would we ever limit ourselves to a single insult?

Especially when there's just something about a Brit's casual use of "oval office" that for some reason I find hysterical.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Prison Warden posted:

Eh, that's a localised thing here I think. Like, back home in Glasgow I'd lay down c-word after c-word without batting an eye, and the first person I remember ever saying it was my sweet old grandmother, but where I am now, occasionally people look at you funny for it.

All I know is when I first read JK Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy", the sheer amount of them made me comment aloud "This is the weirdest Harry Potter book yet."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I'm gonna give it a day or two before posting it, but Darth Vader #7 has what may in fact be the greatest use of the Force ever.

Anyone in the Empire who says Vader lacks a sense of humor has no idea.

Edit: I totally forgot the issue is a week old now, so gently caress it, enjoy the awesome!

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 9, 2015

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

Kennedy also wasn't replaced by a superhero. We all know he was replaced by an alien duplicate so the real JFK could lead the resistance movement on the alien's homeworld until the Teen Titans could show up to help them win.

No, he was wounded so LBJ had a piece of his brain taken out then dyed Kennedy black before shoving him in an East Texas rest home!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Section Z posted:

Oh my loving god, it's like a Chinese knockoff toy come to life.

it's perfect :swoon:

But is lay egg true?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The MSJ posted:

When Cosby asked that his custom Iron Man armor be fitted with tranq darts and sleep gas grenades, we all thought it was because he refuse to kill...

But the Jello Pudding dispenser, that was a gift for Bill...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Context is for the weak of heart!

Harley Quinn #18

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

...Why does Dormammu live in Barad-Dur now?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ashcans posted:

I am guessing that a lot of kids (including me) had discussions with their friends about how you could beat a Jedi. We never had 'let him flail wildly for a bit and then just shoot him in the chest' on the list.

Flamethrower. :colbert:

(Which is proof that Jango Fett was the stupidest bounty hunter/assassin in the universe, but I digress.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Traxus IV posted:

No, the student had already vacated the body or something. I've done my best to forget that poo poo, it's loving weird, but it lingers. And oddly enough, I was explaining this exact scenario to a coworker the other day as an example of horrible EU stuff that I'd read in my misspent youth.

The student lady had previously transferred her boyfriend's mind into a robot in an effort to have him live through a fatal disease or something that killed his body but it wasn't really him because SOULS I guess and he kind of wanted to die so he sacrificed himself to do something-or-other (blow up a doomsday ship?) and she went with him but in a way that conveniently left her super hot body untouched and available for the ghost-lady to move into and bang Luke with.

And yet...still not the worst thing that ever happened in the EU. And I say that as someone who unironically enjoys a great deal of it pre-purge.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Because of course a team up between Deadpool and Rocket Raccoon would culminate in a shot at Liefeld.

Guardians Team Up #10

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Comic Neil DeGrasse Tyson is tired of your poo poo.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Technically, shouldn't Rufus be in one in the far future?

(I literally haven't seen Bill and Ted in over a decade and do not remember what year Rufus is originally from.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ignite Memories posted:

You can't put Alex P Keaton and Marty McFly on the same team. It would like, destroy time or something.

And Teen Wolf.

Great Scott!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Question IRL posted:

A good summary, but you got one crucial detail wrong.

So even though Megatron cheats in this game, Optimus still beats him.
However in beating Megatron, he ends up killing some of the computer generated npc's.
So Optimus Prime decides to self terminate as Prime views all digital beings as equal and killing them violates his whole "freedom is the rights of all sentient being" motto.

In short, when Optimus plays Metal Gear, he only does No Kill runs.

Yeah, but still not the stupidest thing in the Marvel Transformers run.

Not when there's an issue that's essentially an alien version of the Maltese Falcon.

or the Car Wash of Doom but we don't talk about that one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

theflyingorc posted:

Pretty sure it's like this:

Sauron needs to be teamed up with Dr Dinosaur at some point.

I would literally murder to have Atomic Robo have a crossover with Marvel in some fashion.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Defeating Superman with a glove containing miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is goofier.

Defeating Hal Jordan by painting everything in a room (including himself) yellow is the goofiest.

Grendels Dad posted:

I have so many questions. Why is Superman flying spread-legged? Is the little line indicating that he was trying to backhand the Atom? Is his left fist supposed to be comically large or is his left forearm really long, thus making the fist appear larger because it's closer to us? But where is his wrist? Is he squinting because Atom is really small? Where is the Bat signal coming from?

When did Frank Miller go completely bugfuck insane? should be among those questions.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Not the script they ended up using, though. According to Miller they "butchered" his script.

Fortunately he was able to release it as a comic. He didn't do the art, but the guy he got was very much on the same page.

See the insanity for yourself.

What...the...gently caress....

Ok, I think Frank might have been broken looooong before 9/11 if all that was actually in his Robocop 2 script.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Groot #5

RIP Mantron, you were too beautiful for this comics continuity.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Binary Badger posted:

I keep getting the feeling Mantron was supposed to be a ROM shout out, they both tended to have long conversations with themselves and the head/eyes are almost identical. Also, Mantron is pretty much a one-word description of ROM's physical form.

I can see that.

But ROM didn't have battle floppys, so Mantron is more awesome by default.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
In honor of Ashley Williams return to killing Deadites, please enjoy this panel from Army of Darkness VS Marvel Zombies:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dark Knight 3 #1

:stonk:
I...I mean, I was expecting Frank to still be completely loving bonkers, but...woooooow.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So to get the bad taste of Frank out of our brains, I was gonna post a panel of Groot #6....but I can't pick one. It's cover to cover awesome.

Oh wait, I got one. Basically, Groot and Rocket have a list of suggestions of things to do on Earth they got from the rest of the Guardians, and, well, Gamora and Drax gonna Gamora and Drax.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DrProsek posted:

I think that's supposed to be Batman panting after beating up a whole bunch of people, but even having read the issue I can't tell you for sure what that is, even with context.

Yeah, I just looked at the issue and, uh......I think it's even less coherent than DKR2 was. I mean...that's supposed to be Carrie in the suit? And is this still supposed to be the future? Because why are Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly on TV? I mean, Bill O'Reilly feeds on suffering and is effectively immortal as a result, I get that, but....

Does being in close proximity to Frank just suck the sanity from you? Is Frank Miller a Great Old One???

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ok, here's the asked for dorky teen Cyclops from Groot #6.

One thing I really loved about this issue is that it ties up the long-standing plot hole regarding Groot's first appearance in Marvel as, well...

An evil Ent.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Saoshyant posted:

Happens all the time.

Oh my God, I missed Big Time soooo much!:holy:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

"My arch enemy a truck is a spy!"

FAPPO!!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Darth Vader continues to be the best.

Darth Vader Annual #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I don't have any issue reading it in the proper voice, but I think being unable to do so would make it sound way too snarky. In the right voice, it sounds menacing and threatening instead of quippy and snarky.

Basically, read it the same way JEJ reads "We would be honored, if you would join us."

edit: Alternately "Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?"

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 17, 2015