Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MikeJF posted:

Please tell me this is in the middle of an entirely different issue and Sabretooth is nowhere else in the book.

You are correct sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Action Jacktion posted:

Once again Mark Millar was ahead of his time:

Youngblood: Bloodsport #1

Wait, Mark Millar wrote for loving Youngblood??

I'd say I've lost respect for him, but he did also write Trouble.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wasn't that the same series where he beats the poo poo out of Flag Smasher of all people, because he's just pissed off about them annoying him? I remember something about "IF I EVEN SEE A BERET I'M COMING HERE TO SHOOT YOU" or something to that effect.

It's a lot more complicated than that.

After blowing up ULTIMATUM's helicarrier, yeah Flagsmasher wants Deadpool's hide. But he decides to use Wade's recently discovered daughter Eleanor as bait, then killing her in front of him by tossing her out a window. That's when Deadpool beats the tar out of him. (Luckily, Deadpool had Kid Apocalypse nearby to save Eleanor.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lobok posted:

"Your honor, it was dark and I thought she was Spider-Man!"

Post/Av combo of the week right there.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They need to make a new superman comic where a past superman with all of his silver age powers is thrown into the present.

Call Grant Morrison now!

dordreff posted:

Superboy Prime loving sucks, though

Yeah, but worth it for "I'll kill you to DEATH!!!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

mind the walrus posted:

They are one of those couples that seem unintuitive at first but after consideration make total sense

And it was sweet and adorable, and I was loving enraged when Deadman died again.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

prefect posted:

Courtesy of the New York Times:

Hey, if Obama can guest star in Spider-Man, then Trudeau can hang out with Alpha Flight all he wants.

Although I would murder to have a parody of the Obama/Spider-Man issue where Deadpool saves Trudeau.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wanderer posted:

I don't get why people level criticisms about "instantly dated" at comics. The Silver Age comics were full of then-contemporary references, because they're magazines; they're supposed to be roughly contemporaneous.

I still have an old Marvel Team-Up where Peter and Mary Jane go out for the night and Peter's wearing a Saturday Night Fever disco suit.

Must we also bring up the Marvel Team-Up where Spidey teams up with the cast of SNL, including Dan Ackroyd?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Say what you will about the Superior Spider-Man series, but holy gently caress does that scene kick rear end.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wait a goddamned minute...is...is that a Santa Claus Conquers the Martians reference?! :aaaaa:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Skwirl posted:

The robot in SCCTM is named Torg and the bad guy is Voltar, it could still be a coincidence, calling a robot "Volt(some random syllable) was a fairly common naming scheme, but it'd be a big one.

There's also the fact that one of the most famous lines in SCCTM is "Nothing can stop Torg!", which is pretty friggin close to the title there.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

What actually happens is even stupider.

His girlfriend gets kidnapped by Dormammu's sister Umar.
To defeat Umar he releases Zom, destruction incarnate.
Umar sees this then runs away. Zom decides to pulverize Earth instead.
The Ancient One, Strange's master gets himself killed and gives a cryptic clue 'Give Zom a haircut'
Strange does this, and apparently PURE EVIL MAGIC is contained in the hair.
Because he released evil magic into the world, the Living Tribunal shows up and says 'Welp, gonna blow up Earth, its the only way to clean up this mess.'
Strange convinces him not to if he can clean up the mess himself. He does this by finding Baron Mordo and concentrating all the evil in him instead.
This gives Mordo super evil powers and banishes Strange to another dimension.
Also The Living Tribunal left a giant hourglass at Stonehenge so they know how much time they have.

They're part of the SHIELD collection since they were originally printed in a double feature, STRANGE TALES. The Dr Strange stories are so bad. I'm up to the point where there's a change in writers and artists though and its improved remarkably.

Jesus, Newspaper Spiderman doesn't have poo poo on Stephen Strange.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Section Z posted:

I have no idea if it's the case. But the green sweater and short hair is making me think that's Sandman driving the cab.

Ok Marvel, get on this: twenty to thirty pages a month of Cab Driver Sandman. He's gone straight, but uses his occupation to gently caress with C-List heroes and villains for laughs. Make this happen!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
How old is Gwenpool supposed to be, anyway?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

Not all the time, just in her recent Deadpool-lite series.

And yet I still enjoy it.

And the other Deadpool knock-off they put into the series.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

Wait there's another one? I finally jumped ship a while back.

Oh yeah, and this one's pretty blatant. Meet Red Tool

(Harley Quinn #1 - Rebirth)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I still like it. :colbert:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Choco1980 posted:

That's cause it's Tatanga, the villain from Super Mario Land on the game boy, which this is a tie in for. When I was a kid, I got in a bad car accident once, and my grandparents got me these books, and the Valiant one for the cartoon series to read during my hospital stay.

I really wish they'd bring Tatanga back in the games some how.

And Wart. I mean, most of Mario 2 made it into future games, but not Wart.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ConfusedUs posted:

Almost Got Him is one of my favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series

I think it's one of everyone's favorite episodes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
You know, the heroes probably figure one of two things.

1. "Well, he's not hunting us at least."

2. "Sometimes, we just need a guy with no compunctions about gunning down literally dozens of ninjas with a chain gun watching our backs." (See Daredevil season 2 for reference.)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure his last appearance was that "not the face, please" bit in Deadpool's comic.

No he was at Wade's bachelor party as well. Of course, he wasn't in costume so Cap and Wolvie wouldn't kick the hell out of him...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kwyndig posted:

And why did people want to take away Spider-man's marriage again?

Because Joe Quesada hates us.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who wrote this and how can we ensure they end up with the runny shits as punishment?

That would be Gerard Jones and Gene Ha's magnum opus Batman: Fortunate Son. And that's not even the funniest thing in it.

Go on. Just guess when he listened to rock and roll for the first and last time.

Batman pondering the social significance of I Am the Walrus may be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Gerard Jones would have been maybe 40 when he wrote that, so not the sort of age you'd expect a guy to be going all, "I don't trust these teen-agers with their rocking and rolling muzak!"

Maybe he just read the wrong Chick tract:

Supposedly it was to actually honor the great rock and rollers of all time...but something went horribly horribly wrong.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Pureauthor posted:

Shouldn't Death be on the free pass list?

As I recall, at one point Shiklah was pissed because Wade had "Death breath".

Ok, this is from an upcoming issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool, but I love everything about it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Roth posted:

Justice League vs Suicide Squad has some surprisingly pretty good gags.

Oh god, when even loving Batman is smirking, you know you done hosed up somewhere.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh! That jerk, Harold! He wants me to give him a share of my house. That house belongs to me! He has no right! I’m not giving him a penny! Who does he think he is?
I am Groot
He is always bugging me about my house. Fifteen years ago, we agreed that house belongs to me. Now the value of the house is going up and he’s seeing dollar signs. Everything goes wrong at once. Nobody wants to help me, and I’m dying!
I am Groot
I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer.
I am Groot

:golfclap: No joke, I would love a recut of The Room where all of Lisa's lines are replaced that way.

Actually, I think every cast member except Tommy Wiseau would also love that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

I saw a true crime documentary about a dude who robbed people's houses and he wore a tux while robbing because he felt it was rude to do otherwise.

Was he Jack Donaghy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0&t=12s