Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm not a big fan of Gillen necessarily, though I do think he's done some real quality stuff, but I bought Phonogram for like $3 'cause it was on sale and it is one of the most insufferable goddamn things I have ever read, holy poo poo. It just makes me want to punch a thing, preferrably his face.

The second trade is way better than the first. I got them both at the same time, but reading the first one put me off of reading the second one for a good long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

How is it that Thor transferred his name to this woman? "Thor" isn't his codename, that's his actual name.

For him it's his real name, for her it's a superhero name.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

...You really can't tell that's clearly drawn by Conner?

It's possible that Conner had drawn PG in something more recent!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I think that cookie is a better representation of old Iron Man than the spatula

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

LoonShia posted:

When life gives you melons, you buy double-sided tape.

I fixed it for you

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I keep forgetting Wonder Woman can fly. I guess it's the lack of a cape.

If only she had wings that would remind you.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I was about to post what my favorite burger was but then I realized this was the Funny Panels thread. For some reason I thought I had starred a burger thread.
anyways

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I've literally never read a deadpool that wasnt just the worst, desperately zany, painfully unfunny thing. He is the MemeBase of superheroes. I will never get the appeal.

Don't read bad Deadpool

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Bendis posted on his twitter that people don't call him Kingpin because he's fat and bald, but because he tries so hard to kill Spiderman and Daredevil.

Do you have a link to that tweet?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

goatface posted:

And none of it's canon anymore

This is the funniest panel so far.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

So does Superman age or not? I've seen future Superman without gray hair I'm pretty sure.

Considering he isn't a baby, yes he does.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

When you say "much, much later", do you mean as in Cyclops is in his 60's now? 'Cause that's what it looks like here.

He's supposed to look old and flubby. It's about the new X-men replacing the old

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

When I got my first smart phone (A Samsung Galaxy S3) the guy offered to sell me insurance which worked out at €5 a month extra.

Since it was the first time I had gotten a Smart Phone, I figured I'd go with it.

Two months into my contract I had smashed my phone twice and gotten replacement phones from the insurance. On that basis alone, I'd always advise someone to at least consider phone insurance as against the cost of replacing or repairing a phone.

Are your hands made out of butter or something?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

dear god that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

I don't understand people.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Travis343 posted:

Not liking the style is one thing and sure taste is subjective but that's hyperbole to the point of trolling unless you've been blind your entire life and just got an eyeball transplant right now.

e: that's not even the ugliest thing on this page

I forgot what thread it was in but last week there were a bunch of people freaking out over how "bad" the art in SG is.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
^Nice^

muscles like this? posted:

The origin of Spider Hero is pretty great. Someone should post that.

This is about as close to an origin as I can get

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ecavalli posted:

Is there more to this gag or is it just not funny?

He is saying that the guy in the comic looks like he could be Sonic T. Hedgehog's dad.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

He kind of looks like one of the Shark Gang from Earthbound.

I don't know what that is but it sure as hell isn't Earthbound!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

He was part of a group that had names like Phat, U-Go Girl, Anarchist, El Guapo and the kind of on the nose Dead Girl.

They also usually just refer to each other by their real names I thought but it's been a long time since I've read it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

But isn't objectivism really all about self-loathing?

I thought objectivism is actually about only loving yourself.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

7 billion people in the world, 320 million in the USA, and Superman outing Batman's secret identity only gets twenty-five million reposts?

7 billion people don't all have Twitter accounts. Also I'm pretty sure that's fairly quickly after it got posted.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Phylodox posted:

I was gonna say someone desperately trying to ape Mike Allred's style...but then it turned out to be Mike Allred.

I would guess that it was not colored by his wife since it looks so weird.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I think Watchmen predates Kelly by a few years

I dunno, from his self portrait it looks like he's pretty old.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

Wait, was he seriously advocating that we leave lead in gasoline? :magical:

Kelly is a psyeudonym for Ward Sutton who does political cartoons for the Onion.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Shocker Was Right

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

I don't mind the writing as much as the art.
The faces especially.

Are good.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Senor Candle, Head of the Squirrel Girl's lovely Art Defence Force to the rescue! No one shall dis the books garbage artist on his watch, no sir!

Well the book doesn't have a garbage artist so I'm not really sure what you mean.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

I can see this is going to devolve into a really stupid and repetitive argument very quickly. Can we just say "opinions" and move on to the fact that the preview of Secret War's cover features Doom fighting Forbush Man and Goose Rider.

Wait which cover?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Found this on tumblr and thought of this thread.

I love how confused the lady next to him looks. It looks like someone took a picture while someone was in the middle of saying something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I didn't even know you could do that