Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I thought Marvel didn't have the rights to use Leopardon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Spider-man truly is Japan's greatest sentai hero. Fly on, Jeopardon.

Whelp, I'm off to Japan to sell my idea of a giant, world-saving robot, piloted by, and modeled after Alex Trebek. Wish me luck.

The mustache comes back as a super power move for when "poo poo gets real"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

So why the long face?

But of course, the worst version was the goofy, lopsided future Beast from Battle Of The Atom.

"Hurr"

Complete with weird tail.

Jesus Hank, you're a doctor for gently caress's sake! Stop experimenting on yourself. You'd think a guy as smart as you would have learned after the first time.

Also, Lion-Beast is stupid and I always hated it. Give me the 90's feral-ape/ogre look any day.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Lots of guys get weird when they meet the ex. It's very common.

And then if you find out the ex was Spider-man, well poo poo.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No...free "W1F1," which will likely be the strain of virus you'll get by staying there.

Oh. :(

Still, "free"... :shrug:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

What's all this about hilariously terrible looking children?

You know, I don't wonder if that first text box is a subtle hint to the artist

"Sometimes he forgets she's just a kid. You know, like the artist has these last few issues. It's a kid - Not a midget. Friendly reminder."

It reminds me of back when Wizard was a thing and they had articles every issue on how to draw comics, and one of the ones I can recall vividly was "Women are NOT men in drag"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, don't even get me started on those loving Kaizers or Czars.

Fine. I see how it is.

Al-Saqr posted:

I haven't read the new Thor, why is she speaking in Asgardian but thinking in normal English?

Like two posts up, dude.

Decius posted:

She can only talk Thor faux medieval English, the thought bubbles are there to remind you that she isn't Asgardian, but human, presumably from contemporary Earth.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, something like that. And it came off the heavily advertised "wedding of Archie" thing, if I recall, so it was like a bait and switch.

Is that supposed to be a really bushy Amish style beard on Dilton there? Or just some really weird fuzzy shadows around his chin?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Kevin Smith is a fantastic storyteller. In the sense that he is a really good raconteur.
The rise of the Podcast is probably the best format for Kevin Smith. And he was important for being the first big writter to really bridge the gap between comics as the obscure hobby and them as more mainstream pursuit.

I agree with this. Kevin Smith is that friend you have at a party that always has the best stories. It doesn't matter if they are bullshit or not, he's so good at sharing a story in person that you don't care.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Does it come with a soapbox accessory?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

A lead-lined balloon might have a lot of problems just lifting itself let alone an angry Radioactive Man.

The mythbusters made a functioning, lifting lead balloon in real life. Tony could have done better using comic book "science". In a cave. With a box of scraps.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

It's super racist (speciest?). Klingons? Savage warriors, every last one, but with a strict honor code. Ferengi? Scheming money grubbers. Wookies? Techno-savants, but otherwise harrier Klingons. Trandosians? Scalier, dumber Wookies. Krogans? Smarter Trandosians. Humans? Well, actually, all humans are unique individuals, with different skills, opinions and religious beliefs and futhermore...

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, I don't think Sonic was banned, and if they are any good, just post 'em.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

TwoPair posted:

It's the end of the world. I doubt he went in with much forethought. He's probably gonna use all the bullets he's got, and if someone like Sandman who's too tough to kill comes along he'll just die doing what he loved: killing criminals indiscriminately.

Indeed.

Who's guy three there? I see Nick, Tony and ?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

qntm posted:

The title theme still has not been topped.

Uh-huh. Let me introduce you to my Japanese friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs
BREAK OUT!

I think the second one (starting at about 2:00) is even better. The love triangle is just perfect.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

10 Beers posted:

I'm intrigued. Tell me more, please.

Cliff Notes:

That's capital "D" Death, the personification or embodiment of death in the Marvel universe - who just happens to be an attractive woman when not doing the Skeletor look

She and Deadpool met up a little while ago and something about him set her all a flutter

However, her previous suitor is Thanos. You know, the guy who tried to kill everybody to impress her, just so she'd pay attention to him. And it didn't work, she still gave 0 fucks.

Now along comes Deadpool, and suddenly Death is finally interested in someone. And it aint Thanos.

So, through some means or another, (probably an infinity gem) Thanos manages to make it so Deadpool will never die, and thus he will be out of Death's reach forever

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

prefect posted:

Actually, Thanos only killed half of everybody to impress her. :spergin:

(At least, the time I'm thinking of, that's how it went down.)

Right, I thought he was trying for everyone but got stopped half way, but that's not right.

God, he's supposed to be this ultimate killer bad rear end, but he's just the weird, loner with low self esteem, who can't talk to women.

Oh man, she's so cute. I've got to go talk to her. Aw, but I'm an idiot, and she's the personification of death. I can do this. I can do this. Deep breath. Go Time.
"Hey Death, what's up?"
"..."
Oh God. Oh God. She's not saying anything. Oh, and of course Starfox is here. He just saw the whole thing. He never has any trouble with women. I'm so embarrassed. I wish I was dead. No, no, can't think like that... I wish everyone else was dead....Hey, wait a second...

EDIT: Fixed some punctuation and spelling

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 27, 2015

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Speaking of Crisis on Infinite Gambits, wasn't there some comic revolving around Mr Sinister and his castle/fortress? It's kind of a guided tour, and at some point he has a Remy enclosure where about 100 gambits just keep saying "Mon ami" at each other like some really bizarre zoo?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Sizone posted:

Jopo de Pojo is Sonic's dad

Heavy Metal December 1983

I think you're on to something there

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I like how Doc Ock has a guitar, for no reason, as a factory worker.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Avulsion posted:

He starts off the story by becoming immortal, then trades it in for a wish because it's not like DOOM needs immortality to live forever and conquer all.

He only got immortality in the first place just so he would recognize the sensation when he eventually discovered it on his own.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I can't help but wonder if the script originally said "The IQ of a whack-a-mole" and something got lost in poor penmanship.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

I want to see All-Star Green Lantern where Batman and Robin come into a room plastered with photos of their dead parents and a bunch of loaded guns laying around; Hal's drinking an iced tea, smugly thinking he's found a brilliant way to keep Batman from being able to do anything.

I think I like this even more than when Damien Robin got x-mas presents for Jason and Tim. A crowbar and a boomerang, respectively.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

RandallODim posted:

Where do I get this? Uh, you know, for a friend.

Judging by the date on it, you should be able to find it in just under 100 years.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Jack Kirby: more feared than Captain America.

Let me tell you something, if Captain America walked up to me right now, there's a chance I could talk him down.

If Jack Kirby walked up to me right now, it would probably mean a lot worse things were on the way,

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

HOW DID THIS MAN MAKE A LIVING DRAWING COMICS

HOW

It was the 90's. And this was Youngblood (Or was this WildCATS?), which if I remember my history correctly means Image. And Image didn't answer to any comics authority (but did self regulate), so you had Not-Wolverine there, with the Not-Xmen, except with all the blood, sex, violence and cursing that were not offered by the big 2 at the time. Imagine if an entire publisher was making comics like Punisher: Max, at a time when traditional, classic comic characters were seen as campy, and stupid and lame compared to the XTREME! 90's contemporaries. It was darker, and more 'real' and that fake kind of 'mature'. I didn't matter if most of the art was ugly and anatomically impossible, there was a chance to see someone get beheaded in full color with a collectible foil variant cover. Oh and maybe some titty. And what little 13 year old would pass up the chance to maybe see underboob, sideboob, and their friend violence under the guise of a harmless comic book. I don't know if Image ever outsold any of the regulars, but it did make an impact on the bottom line, and a big enough one for guys like Rob and Todd to make a good living for a while.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

In the case of Supreme, at least, one of his stipulations for agreeing to write the character was that he would be allowed to ignore the entire series up to his first issue because he thought it was terrible.

Don't know if he did the same thing with Youngblood or WildC.A.T.S. because I've not read either, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I originally read that as "He could ignore everything up to the first issue" which seemed a little extreme. Like the whole run is poo poo, you'd better just let him start it fresh.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #2:

I love the New Mutdroids so much.

OK, alternate reality, but why does Kitty have wolverine claws?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Wait, what? So Luke effectively murders his apprentice so his robo-girlfriend could have a body? :stare:

Luke is not a very good Jedi. Like, has problems with his emotions not very good Jedi. Like, lashes out in anger, not very good Jedi. You know all those draconian rules the Jedi enforce on themselves about not having emotions, like they're Vulcans with force powers and laser swords? It's because of guys like Luke.

But that's all the former EU and it doesn't matter anymore.

zoux posted:

So I guess that covers everything except why'd she have a cat head.

I think it was some kind of Krypto-Gypsy curse. I think she wanted to know more about Superman so she goes riffling through his space underwear drawer and something there gives her a bad case of cat head.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

That always seemed really dumb to me. All that means is that the training for it is different from, like, a sword. People can learn to use crazy poo poo like a whip or a kusarigama without cutting their own nads off.

Well, then you get poo poo like the lightsaber whip (AKA Light whip, AKA how I order my mochas) and all bets are off.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Ooops only chunks peanut butter.

*Hands you a jar of peanuts*

Uthor posted:

Was this page posted?

Magneto and Xavier!

OK, I see Cap and Iron Man, Hulk and Red She Hulk, She-Hulk and DareDevil, Nightcrawler and the elf girl from Excalibur, Ms Marvel and Spider Woman, Angel and Psylock, Black Widow and Bucky. And it looks like Storm is kissing Wolverine seeing as how they kept him short.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

IUG posted:

Opinions aren't funny or something cares about, shut the gently caress up.

Here's the cover, they're up by Doom's left elbow.

What kills me is that there is no way the inside can live up to this promise on the cover.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Edits, obviously, but I don't think we have Ruin the moment anymore.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Selachian posted:

Except the Marvel White Rabbit isn't running around in a corset, thong, and thigh-high boots. Yet.

That appears to be two out of three in the panels posted above.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Gavok posted:

You know who's hooked on a feeling? MY MOM!

Thank you, now I'm picturing The Watcher as Pops and I wanted to share.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Incredible Hulk #378

So, there was a time when Rhino was not confined to his super suit? Or is he wearing the Santa outfit over it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Yes. He got atomized once. Like, literally broken down into individual molecules and scattered throughout the cosmos. One of the Justice League b-team members put him back together, and after that he quit being a super hero for awhile.

It's worth mentioning that during this Batman very seriously said he considered Plastic Man to be one of, if not the, most powerful members of the Justice League because of this. I'll be damned if I remember what the series was, though.

Batman also considered The Ten Eyed man to be his most dangerous/deadly foe, and the dude literally just had an eyeball on each finger. Maybe he's not the best DBZ scouter around.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Sometimes he just rips them in half.

Anyway

Darth Vader Annual

Is that the evil assassin bot inside a protocol droid thing someone posted before?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Is this Deadpool or Gwenpool? The yellow bubble is my only clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Gavok posted:

It is kind of weird that one of Marvel's most popular humor characters is a suicidal, cancer-ridden rape victim mass murderer who used to torture his loved ones due to control issues and unknowingly murdered his parents.

Uh...Que? Literal, sexual assault rape, or more metaphorical "body was abused/tortured/vivisected against his will in the name of science" rape? I mean, neither one is good, but I find the second one a lot more likely.