Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That picture is just too wonderful. God the Silver Age Legion is so dumb in all the right ways. Anyway here's some Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Actual answer: He broke into Avengers Mansion, where Clint just keeps all his old poo poo. It has surprisingly poor security.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 11, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Avengers #40:

I've been falling out of love with Hickman's Avengers but if he announced he was writing a Sunspot and Cannonball ongoing I would buy every issue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I still feel ashamed for having posted the solid dick one. :(

Don't, even if it was an edit, it was funny. Well, to me at least.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Amazing X-Men #16: The X-Men have bailed out on Rockslide and left him to fight a big demon in the temple of Cyttorak while they go fight off guys that are trying to claim the ruby and become the new Juggernaut.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

If I remember correctly, it's because Kitty "no fun" Pride was in control of hiring. Logan was basically spending all his time trying to raise cash to keep the school running.

Yeah, Kitty was hiring. Funny thing, out of the candidates there, Firestar did get hired eventually.

Anyway, here's a picture that doesn't really need context from Batgirl 38

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I had to look up The Face.
Th... This guy?

:stare:

Character find of... [whatever year it was he showed up] for sure.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I wish someone was dumb enough to buy digital versions of that run of Teen Titans to actually post the pages.

Every time I see stuff about The Face come up, I'm honestly tempted to do just that. Just to see: "How? WHY?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Super Dan posted:

It wasn't written by Johns, it was Sean McKeever.

Teen Titans 69

Haha holy poo poo that power. Oh The Face, you truly are a fountain of humor.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Not enough Jason Todd.

ANYWAY: Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #4: After foiling Black Cat's plans to sell a bunch of SHIELD undercover agents' real identities on the black market, Hawkeye (Clint), Hawkeye (Kate), and Deadpool, are walking out and discussing the brief bit where Clint got turned into a Manchurian Candidate.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I've no idea of the context, or even if it's real. With Archie comics it's difficult to tell.

Unsourced examples of their weirdness.

This is almost certainly an edit.

quote:

This on the other hand, is... well, it's a drat creative edit, or legitimately just possibly the loving weirdest out-of-context Archie panel I've seen to date.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

So Elvis Grew up to be Travis Touchdown?

No, weren't you reading at all? Travis Touchdown settled down and became an ambulance driver/Elvis impersonator.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Baron Bifford posted:

Jeremy, my office's accountant, is retiring soon. Will he pass on his name to his replacement? She's really attached to the name Alice.

Only if he has a really bitchin' copy of Excel that only she can wield.

Say Nothing posted:

Female Thor appears, has anyone checked what Jane Foster is doing at the moment?

No, but Detective Thor Odinson is on the case and he will crack this mystery.

Still from Thor #5

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

Reference to axis maybe?

Probably more just a reference to that stretch of time back during JMS' run that Loki turned himself into a woman.

But speaking of Loki and Axis... Loki Agent of Asgard #8 has Loki trying to stop an inverted, drunk-as-gently caress Odinson from wrecking up Vegas but he's on the wrong side of town!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mega Man 43

And because I love a good cover homage gag, here's a the cover to Batman and Robin 39:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

So was Lockjaw and inhuman dog, or was he a normal inhuman who turned dog shaped and now everyone treats him like he's a real dog? Cause that would be pretty lovely.

I'm pretty sure it was the latter, then like you said, all the writers realized that was really lovely, so they retconned him as "no he was always a big dog"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Gwen #1: In which Gwen Stacy is trying to get the Vulture's attention.

It is pretty good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Who's like that besides Taskmaster?

Deadpool when he's not hero-ing?

Bullseye does regular hits when he's not being a loving psycho doesn't he?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IShallRiseAgain posted:

What? You think a meme that has been completely run into the ground is unfunny? You must be a gamergater.

This but unironically.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Doubly so because when Superman did it, he spent the entire time being an rear end in a top hat to everyone he encountered.

I'd like a Darkseid companion to Superman: Grounded where Darkseid just stays one town behind Superman complete undoing any bit of good Superman actually does. Like when Superman burns down the drug dealers' houses (one of like two scenes I remember from Grounded), Darkseid comes in the next day and boom tubes in some parademons to rebuild the houses. Superman stops a bank robbery in a town then the next day Darkseid just levels the place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Keith Giffen is writing a Convergence tie-in featuring Matrix Supergirl from the 90s. He knows his audience. it's nonexistent

Convergence: Supergirl Matrix #1

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Everybody should buy Ant-Man so covers like this can continue to exist

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What's with the shark-person in the skirt just behind Spidey? :raise:

That's Shark Girl. She was introduced in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. If you are wondering about her powers or abilities, I will repeat: She's Shark Girl.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

So does Superman age or not? I've seen future Superman without gray hair I'm pretty sure.

I think the general consensus with writers (that I've seen) is that Superman always ages, he just ages slower than normal humans (except for One Million where he flies into the sun and turns gold?)

But speaking of Superman, here's Superman #40. In the New 52, Superman just developed a new power that lets him basically cause a big giant explosion at the cost of leaving him powerless for 24 hours. He just tested it out for the Justice League so they could run some tests and see how powerful it is, and now they're all hanging with a very human Clark Kent.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Sonic still banned? Sonic Boom comic seems to have its moments.
I think Sticks' tinfoil-hat insanity is funny anyway.

I think it tries too hard, but hey, it's an all ages comic, if the kids like it I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Does the Punisher have an easy way to deal with the dude made of sand?

It's the end of the world. I doubt he went in with much forethought. He's probably gonna use all the bullets he's got, and if someone like Sandman who's too tough to kill comes along he'll just die doing what he loved: killing criminals indiscriminately.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Still digging Squirrel Girl (#5).

Indeed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Why'd you pick this as your first ever series?

Poor guy wanted to get in to comics and he's on Unlimited so he can't get really new stuff, and that was the era right after Dark Reign when everything was a (relatively) easy jumping in point. It makes sense if you're trying to get into Avengers. It's just unfortunate that that run of Avengers is just godawful.

Anyway, Inhuman Special #1:

JEEEAAAN

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

In this comic, the role of Ryan Choi will be played by Stardust the Super-Wizard.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I can't upload it to Imgur for some reason, but the DKR bit in the last Squirrel Girl is hilarious.

Here it is, with bonus Newspaper Squirrel Girl:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #5

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

This panel, specifically Cyclops' face/pose, seems like it should be an Olde Tyme Caption Contest. Anyone up for it?

I like where your head's at.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 13, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I saw an episode of the Iron Manime once just sitting around and it was just awful.

I do find it funny that, of all things, the Wolverine anime is the one thing in the past 10+ years that Steve Blum didn't voice Wolverine in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As long as Jughead eats a shark, I will forgive the series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

David D. Davidson posted:

I wonder how he keeps all the Creeds form killing each other. I mean the Logans easy, just toss in some cigars and beer every one and then and they are happy but Creed is a completely different story.

He throws in Logans :rimshot:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:iceburn:

Stone cold, Rogers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
How are you gonna post Superdickery on Father's Day and not go straight for this classic?

side note: Whoever decided the Superdickery website would be better redesigned as a WordPress blog is just awful.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 22, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god, Doom's been running Battleworld for 8 years.

Valeria is 4.

Goddammit Doom.

God Doom Loves All But One. :wiggle:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'll admit the "Wonder Woman-- the Girl On Fire!" line got a good chuckle out of me because while references don't usually equate to humor in my mind, every now and then one just hits.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

only they wouldn't stop saying "wanker"

This isn't an accurate portrayal of Brits?

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

People don't like Erica Henderson's art? :psyduck:

I don't not like it, but I will say that a lot of the time it looks like she gives characters buck teeth/big overbites, which is fine for Squirrel Girl, because, y'know, squirrel; but when I see it on Galactus or Koi Boi it irks me. Also what is Nancy's hair even supposed to be.

That said Squirrel Girl is still a very good book.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6