Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Monaghan posted:

So is Injustice 2 good? I remember the first injustice comic being pretty good, aside from the first issues when they were pretty much forced to use the stupid set up from the game.

Issue 2 just dropped. So, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Idk who Quentin quire is but this page makes me think he's basically the comic equivalent of a Reddit niceguy with godlike powers.

I wonder if any comic book goober ever had any sort of Epiphany when reading that or if that's too.much to hope for.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cabbit posted:

This has reminded me how much I enjoyed having Namor hang out with the X-Men.

The gently caress is he up to? The only thing I remember hearing about is him being decapitated, and then subsequently recapitated.

Imperius Sex'ing Emma from what I recall.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Quentin Quire is the kid who wears a "Magneto Was Right" shirt around Xavier's. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Holy poo poo

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Tell me that's an edit.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

10 Beers posted:

I still want an issue where Ma Kent finds out Batman is an orphan and bakes him a Christmas pie or insists he come to dinner.

"You mean he's alone on Christmas?!?!"

Or maybe sends him a $10 check for his birthday or something.

If you haven't seen the Christmas episode of Justice League Unlimited then you really need to loving watch it right now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm glad everyone here is coming around the realization that Reed is bad and Doom is God.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Why is she Iron Man?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

zoux posted:

Glob Herman in glasses is going to lead to some great sight gags. (Generation X #1)

Ice Lass, Pixie, Not-Beast-Boy, Glob Herman, En Sarariman Nur, Rocksman, Little Old Lady Cosplayer, Timetravelling Quicksilver?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't always the case with him? I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Batman Beyond where the villain tried to make him think he was crazy by projecting voices only he could hear. He later told Terryville that he knew it wasn't actually in his head because the voices called him "Bruce."

:colbert:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

This is officially the worst use of a time machine I've ever seen.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

I did, and still don't get it. Are you Dracula or Simon in this metaphor?

More importantly, which one is Lurdiak's brain tumor?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tensokuu posted:

So, you know, buy what you like/enjoy and stop worrying about the politics of the writer?

No.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Also, every time someone gets "killed" in the prison they respawn in their cell. So even "dying" isn't a release.

This gig is getting a little tired after they did it recently with both Johnny Storm and Thor.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

good day for a bris posted:

It was a great payoff for all the "I don't know if I can keep superheroing if I can't relate to people" stuff he had going since the JLU started.

Also I just love the idea the moment he stops hanging out with superheroes he makes himself look like an average guy instead of a dude with a godlike physique. The show didn't do a whole lot with the idea that Jonn was an average family man back on mars before he became the manhunter, and that felt like a nice way to call back to it.

JL:DARK had a good John Jones.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Endless Mike posted:

Stardust in context is way less interesting than out of context, honestly. Stardust is pretty much that kid who always had to win at playing pretend, so he always had a new power or ability that completely overpowered everyone else. And he mostly fights common criminals, so he only uses those powers for weird punishments. He's drawn in such a way that he even looks bored flying around; like he's just going through the motions since he never has an actual challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmIlL0gOTDY

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Question IRL posted:

Can anyone post the picture of some villain (I think Electro) saying Spider-man and Spidey says "you remembered the hyphen. Most villains forget the hyphen. "

It's just with the movie coming out I am seeing a lot of Facebook posts about Spiderman or Spider Man, and they will drive me crazy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mind the walrus posted:

I forget this is the one making fun of Chinatown-style knockoffs or is it the Bruce Banner one?

It's Blade as Ronin as Spider-Man.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kwyndig posted:

That's at least one step more complicated than it needs to be.

Some motherfucker's always trying to ice skate uphill.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Question IRL posted:

I always loved the Robert Bruce Banner thing.
Because my dad always goes by his middle name instead of his first name (the nurse talking to his parents got confused and recorded the wrong name first so legal his middle name ended up as his first name.)

So since I discovered that Bruce Banner does the same thing it let's me imagine my dad as the Hulk.

It's a very common thing for boomers to go by their middle name.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

zoux posted:

Is it a generational thing? I thought it was just down to how lovely your first name was.

My father, his brother and sister, my boss, my coworker who is my father's age. It's anecdata, but I see it a lot in people born in the '50s.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Keeshhound posted:

It never stops amazing me how much of an improvement Texas' citizenry, if not their politics, managed to be over Indiana.

Yes, but it's like the improvement of projectile vomiting over projectile diarrhea.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
idgi

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Calaveron posted:

I mean Plastic Man walked up to Superman and called him a fascist shithead to his face, then proceeded to free a whole lot of people they had imprisoned after literally flipping Supes the bird
Plastic Man is exactly the guy you want in your team, Oliver

To be fair, Oliver was dead at the time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You turdburglars would drat Cow and Chicken while worshipping at the shrine of Ren and Stumpy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Selachian posted:

I also think part of the problem is that MAD comics today doesn't seem to know who it's aiming at.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Show me a platypus that doesn't look hosed up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Johnny Aztec posted:

*ribbut*

.....What sound do Platapi make?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-w7ryVL0U

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gynovore posted:

I actually went to Netflix to check this out, and... yeeeeeah. it's not just bad, it's aggressively bad. Imagine the worst sitcom you've ever seen (Small Wonder, anyone?) then imagine watching it after four days with no sleep while drinking Windex, that's Netflix Richie Rich.

And just to prove the universe hates us, there's two seasons.

CAN YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TRAILER WITHOUT CRINGING?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMZ2X5cE_Q

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

marshmallow creep posted:

Is Taskmaster a mutant or is he supposed to be a regular human with one neat trick?

Chemically-altered human. Like Captain America/Daredevil/Luke Cage/Spoderman.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zore posted:

Didn't they give him selective amnesia in one of his solo series too? Where he got a ~tragic~ twist that he forgets everything that isn't movement so he doesn't even recognize his wife anymore?

That was super dumb.

A side effect of the primer is severe declarative memory loss. The more implicit memories (i.e. knowledge and abilities) he learns, the more explicit memories (i.e. personal experience) he loses. Because of his explicit memory loss, the Org (Mercedes Merced) has acted as Taskmaster's surrogate memory, his banker, and his handler for his entire criminal career.

So, yes, he forgets his family.

And that story was good, you goon.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Comedy gold.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

Khaleesi is a more popular baby name than Elizabeth

In what country, because it definitely isn't the US?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lobok posted:

Solid evidence that Pete is a glutton for punishment.

Thread rules prohibit me from posting an image of Madelyne Pryor saying "Face it, Tiger".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/7/16440850/marvel-northrop-grumman-comic-event-canceled-nycc-2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I have PMs. Someone let me know where I can get a copy of this gem (or read it online). We have a lot of Northrop Grumman in my office, so this is Mission Critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Wrong thread.