Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Edit: the series is Komi Can’t Communicate

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

site posted:

idgi

Casually asking somebody for help finding a person’s mom is absurd, the idea that she is lost in her own house even more so.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Sorry about not posting the name of the manga, I will post the name next time.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Mashle: Magic and Muscles

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

hiddenriverninja posted:

did Jonn jonnz marry a conehead?

That’s the Impossible Man! He’s a wacky shapeshifter that occasionally bothers the Fantastic Four. Once, he became his own wife!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kengan Omega Chapter 56

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mondai Desu Ga chapter 14. A teacher has angrily stormed out of the classroom and the class rep went to check on him

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Karate Baka Isekai chapter 1

For context: a man who loves karate dies and goes to a fantasy world. This is how he dies: fighting a car

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 29, 2020

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Roth posted:

Getting caught up with my pulls from before lockdown started

Batman/Superman #8

This owns

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gnome de plume posted:

Really needs to rethink the batarang design if he wants his "does not kill" to be taken seriously

Batman and Robin #10 (2012)

Three dudes maimed and scarred in horrible ways and one lady who... started to like piercings, I guess?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

Spidey #1 (2016)

Spidey reads My Hero Academia, I see

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pictured: dangerous exorcist training

Mitama Security: Spirit Busters

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mashle: Muscles and Magic

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Spy x Family

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My take on The Riddler is that he should never be scary or threatening. He should be a guy with a huge ego who would otherwise be okay except that his bullshit always gets in the way of Batman fighting crime. Basically, how the posted pages paint him.

Also: he should never, ever intentionally hurt people. Maybe one time Batman fails to solve the puzzle and some people die and Riddler is inconsolable because he never actually planned that that would happen

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
read Delicious in Dungeon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ghostlight posted:

is it funny?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Did you know that humor is subjective? Some things that are funny to some people aren’t funny to others, it’s wild.

For example, I don’t find a panel of a comic from 1950 where a man says something benign by that time’s standard but is weird by today’s standard to be particularly funny, but a lot of posters in this thread find it the height of comedy

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Way of the House Husband

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Didn’t post the best page, makes me sad

Mashle

Also: if you want to know why manga readers aren’t giving as much context, there’s a couple things to keep in mind. First, is that there are a hell of a lot of western comic panels posted without context. Second, there’s a thread in ADTRW that’s just “post panels you like” that’s decently popular, maybe even more popular than this thread, that has much looser restrictions on what can be posted/needing to say what series you’re posting from. I understand getting frustrated that manga readers are coming here not fully understanding the BSS rules or culture, but we just want to share a thing we enjoy with you!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Bad-girl Exorcist Reina, read right to left

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's weird seeing left to right manga panels.

A lot of manga that got released in the US in the 90’s got mirrored. It’s a weird decision that newer re-releases undo.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s a famous manga, Parasyte, where the main character’s right hand and forearm get possessed by what’s best described as an alien shapeshifter. He names it “Migi”, which means “right”. It was mirrored when it was initially released in the US and caused some problems when he worried about his dominant right hand being possessed when it was his left

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mashle: the villain reveals an auspicious magic eye

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Woebin posted:

Oh definitely, I just wanted to make a bad and (at least intended to be) harmless joke.

Although Link has more trans man energy than trans woman IMO.

Trans men are famous for only communicating by going “Ha! Huh! Hyup!”

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Sex Criminals always seemed like it thought it was twice as clever as it really was.

It didn’t help that the male lead is just insufferable.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Interrogation Princess is a manga about a captured princess being “tortured” by demons who do despicable acts like making delicious food for her and only giving it to her if she gives up a secret. The best character, however is the Hell Lord

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Snackmar posted:

It's a cute strip but my broken brain apparently tries to read any black and white comics right-to-left now :v:

From Superman #238 (1971), what might be the stupidest possible origin for the planet Krypton.. and possibly still canon if no one bothered to retcon it?

That’s right kids, we’re all horrifically inbred!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bucnasti posted:

Doctor Strange 390 is one of my all time favorite issues. I pray that the on screen relationship between Strange and Peter is as good.

What is happening to Spider-Man’s head in that last panel

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darthemed posted:

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters (2016)

Unfortunately the posts are 100% added by the scanlators. No legit translation for digimon would put “ugly af” in it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

What’s the context here? (And is that supposed to be Susan Storm?)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Skwirl posted:

When that came out Susan Storm wouldn't have been born yet during WW2 and was already engaged to Reed Richards by the time Captain America was defrosted.

Actually, she would have been a very small child at the oldest during WW2 when Fantastic Four #1 first came out.

The picture is from when the Avengers beat Magneto and had a pool party

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TwoPair posted:

Man that is hosed up on multiple levels.

Anyway, completely unrelated, Hellions #5: Mr. Sinister is being forced to lead what is probably going to end up being a suicide mission through Otherworld and has thawed out a clone to go in his stead.

To be honest the dialogue doesn’t feel like Sinister. It’s too catty

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Plas doesn't seem like the type to get mad at having WW's costume, he probably shouldn't be shouting, it's a nice chance to wear a bit of blue for a change!

The costume’s his skin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The “the noise is the music” is a real thing that has happened at least once

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Push El Burrito posted:

That traditional american pastime, mahjong.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Drakyn posted:

If I remember correctly, a hell of a lot of that issue qualifies.

Silver Surfer #8 (1988)
drat shame he lost that coat.

The coat makes him look extra naked underneath

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vandar posted:

Ducks have a penis shaped like a corkscrew!

97% of birds don’t even have penises, so duck dicks are extra weird.

Some ducks have a social hierarchy where the dominant male duck grows a gigantic dick and the lesser ducks only grow small dicks that they try to hide from the male duck.

Ducks are weird

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Let’s not forget the most powerful Ranma 1/2 name: Pantyhose Taro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Toshimo posted:

For the uninitiated, this is entirely Ryoga's schtick:

Ryoga Hibiki (響 良牙, Hibiki Ryōga) is Ranma's long-time primary rival, and the only one the latter has stated to truly consider as such. He has no sense of direction and is always lost on long strenuous journeys - traits he inherited from his parents. This caused him to be four days late for a duel he and Ranma had planned to fight, and Ranma left on the third day.

Hey Ryoga has other shticks too, like turning into a pig and weaponizing his depression