Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Schneider Heim posted:

No idea where it's from.

Google says Doom Patrol #70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

redbackground posted:

That's not "unexplained poo poo" at all. It's just a full-size image of what literally happens in the actual comic:

I like how Superman was basically wearing footy pajamas in the early days.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

All Stilt-Man, all the time

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 15, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

What's more ridiculous than Stilt-Man? The way that Stilt-Man was defeated by DD in their first matchup.

Daredevil no.8

Gaz-L posted:

Rachel's gradually gone from looking like she escaped from the Cenobite dimension to looking like she robbed a Hot Topic. The coat screams less "I was raised in a post-apocalyptic hellscape" and more "gently caress YOU MOM I CAN BUY MY OWN CLOTHES NOW I WORK AT MCDONALDS!"

You'd think that after escaping the hellscape that she'd want a change of clothes. If only so that looking in the mirror didn't trigger her PTSD constantly.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fun fact: In that issue Thor utters the words "Verily, Stilt-Man, you are a mighty foe!". Which is not a sequence of words you'd expect Thor to ever say.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Or, you know, just get out of the armor.

Edit: Thor should totally keep on being a dick to Tony though. Feels like he let him off too easy for the whole cloning thing.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

E is for Extinction #1

Much much later after a human hate group's attack has been thwarted:

When you say "much, much later", do you mean as in Cyclops is in his 60's now? 'Cause that's what it looks like here.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Senor Candle posted:

He's supposed to look old and flubby. It's about the new X-men replacing the old

zoux posted:

*classic

Oh, so it's like New Coke? Got it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Metalshark posted:

Loki - Agent of Asgard #15 has a great burn by Freya:

He's over 6000 years old, woman! It takes time to get Uru in the hammer at that age.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Blaxsploithortion?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Opopanax posted:

incredible Herc had the best sound effects, the whole run is like that

It sure is :allears:

All from Incredible Hercules #136

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

Don't forget the incredible background details scattered around panels, like the fact that the New Avengers Food Court has a store called "The Waffle X Program". :v:
Also:

By Odin's Beer
Soup thOR Salad
Great Cakes Avengers

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

My favorite thing is that Batman wears a disguise on top of his superhero costume.

Wearing stuff over the costume is a common theme for him:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

smashpro1 posted:

Wait, he put that on over the costume, and then the utility belt over that!

How else would he access what's in the belt? :confused:

I'm more of a fan of the gloves over the gloves myself.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

smashpro1 posted:

Wait, he put that on over the costume, and then the utility belt over that!

Huh. He also took off the cape and put it back on over the labcoat. This image is like a fine painting. The more you look at it, the more you appreciate it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Wanderer posted:

I'm thinking rather specifically of the OHOTMU from the mid-1980s and that issue of Marvel Two-in-One where the strongest humans on Earth get abducted to box with the Champion.

Colossus in the '80s, before he got powered up a bit, was in the 70-ton range. Ben Grimm is 85, Thor and Hercules are "Class 100," Sasquatch is 60-something, Namor is 85-ish if he's been in the water recently...

Sasquatch is basically (like all the others) "whatever the writer wants". Here he is throwing a 250 ton plane...

X-Men 120

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

It was basically Russian Nick Fury. No appearance by Lenin in that issue (except on the overalls).

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FredMSloniker posted:

Is that first panel supposed to be some sort of mid-transformation pose, or does her face always look like that?

Mid-transformation. Snowbirds powers were always kinda lame (fitting for Alpha Flight). "Oh, no! She can turn into any arctic animal! How will we ever face off against a snow fox? Guess I'll just use my eye lasers/total control over the weather/indestructible metal hide/cut-trough-anything-claws..."

Until she could turn into a white Sasquatch she was dead weight along with Puck. At least Puck was cool.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

10 Beers posted:

What WERE Puck's powers?

1. Excellent gymnast.
2. Can fit in small places
3. Knows Wolverine

4. Secretly tall but swallowed a sword.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Here's Puck putting the sword back in.

Also, he loses some of his soul in the process and that's why he's small..? Dwarfism means you have less of a soul apparently?

I'd blame Byrne but I think that was a Bill Mantlo issue.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Shoot, that was just in the first issue.

It's not like Deadpool hasn't come back from having his head blown apart before.

Literally the very next panel.

EDIT: That's the top of Uatu's head where he starts expositioning for the reader.

That comic was possibly the worst comic I've ever read.

And I've read Identity Crisis.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 28, 2018

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Snackmar posted:

He also misused his Captain Universe powers in a What If

What I'm getting from this is that Peter wants to make out with himself.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Senior Woodchuck posted:

"The ultimate product of Canadian technology"

It's powered by a propped-up real estate market and oil speculation.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Was Scott always such a weenie from his first conception or did that come about during a certain run and then get crystalized?

From issue 1 Scott is all about whining about his eyebeams/how he can never let his guard down lest he destroys everything he sees/secretly pining for Jean/wishing he was Warren when he sees her making a move on Jean/being a spoilsport to the other X-Men when they just want to have a good time, man.

e: Also in issue 1, his name is Slim, not Scott. Though that is later retconned as a nickname

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 15, 2020

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Darthemed posted:

The Defenders #2 (1972)
Why is Hulk wearing Strange's cloak? I mean, levitating Hulk, sure, but still.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yes, a bit. According to Wikipedia she gets that ability if FF22.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I really don't get that last image. Are... are his pants some kind of tights that he pulls up? Is the belly portion of the armor separate than the chest and cod pieces? :psyduck:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Today marks Calvin and Hobbes 35th anniversary! Post your favorite

It's tough to capture the pure unbridled chaotic energy of a 6-year old boy but, somehow, this strip does it

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Darthemed posted:

The Fantastic Four #40 (1965)
Why is there a sight on it..?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The only cool things about Hawkeye are the things that are not Hawkeye. Like Kate Bishop and Pizza Dog.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

thetoughestbean posted:

That’s a crossover I need to see. I imagine they would get along well

I think that Conan would get along better with Obelix. Same sensibilities when it comes to fighting and eating.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Is Thor bulletproof? I'm not sure if it's ever come up in a comic I read. I know the other Asgardians were super impressed by assault rifles in Simonson's run.

Thor took punches to the face from pretty much everyone from Hulk to Thing and shrugged off Iron Man's repulsors, so I'm going to say he's bullet proof and didn't have to twirl his hammer to deflect those bullets.

Why wouldn't he do it though? Just looks like good fun.

E. yup, bullet proof

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Peggy doesn't look that concerned about her aunt there. Looks more like she's trying to remember where she put her keys.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Detective Comics #1 (2001 reprint)
Humor is subjective and all but pretty sure this is just racist and not funny.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Kinda makes sense that Cap would be all about the chain of command.

Also, Reed's a dick.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Wasn't Reed on the Avengers around that time? Or maybe it was later?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Why are they hoofing it? Couldn't Sue build an InvisiMobile or something? Doesn't Reed have like 87 variants of Fantasticar in the garage they could use?

For that matter, what is Reed gonna do when they reach whatever they're running to? Grab a lamp post and snap his legs to him?

No, no. This comic book panel makes no sense at all.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

And I counter with:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Skwirl posted:

She hides her identity from him when they start dating and when he finds out this woman he's been dating for a while is his adoptive sister, he's totally fine with it. Also, this isn't a Clueless/Cruel Intentions type thing where someone was adopted when they were teenagers or whatever, Nightcrawler was raised by her mother since they were both babies.

:stare:

Wh-what are you doing, step-mutant?