Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cabbit posted:

Plus, Beak.

Counterpoint: Angel, AKA the reason why you should think about what powers they have when adding diversity to your superhero cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

bairfanx posted:

Rocket failing to duckface is great.

Drax using his hands is amazing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

redbackground posted:

MODOK has a breakdown:

Secret Avengers #12

I don't know why, but there always seems to be a slew of artists who are capable of making Deadpool emote really, really well through the mask.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Magneto carrying Xavier.

Wapole Languray posted:

Okay, not familiar with spider-verse because I basically gave up on trying to comprehend anything involving the whole Marvel Multiverse because holy poo poo is that stuff complicated, but... How the hell does any spider-themed hero trust Norman freaking Osborne? I'm assuming that's the Norman they're talking about. Does he just not exist outside of 616 and Ultimate which is I'm guessing why Peter and Miles aren't there?

It's just... How the everliving hell do you ever trust Norman! It's not even the Luthor thing where they had a good Luthor who turned evil, ITS NORMAN OSBOURNE.

*Posts montage of spider-man getting bricks-cinder blocks to the head*

It has a cumulative effect.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

SomeMathGuy posted:

I believe The Simpsons had an "I Am Furious (Yellow)" because no one ever seems to remember poor old I Am Curious (Blue).

The Smurfs, on the other hand...

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Oh boy, I'm just so tired of all these star wars.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sentinel Red posted:

... since the original artist was (quite understandably) sent packing ...

What happened?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Soonmot posted:

sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Ms Marvel has the character find of 2016

Also, the bucket of fish heads has 'roly poly' written on the side. :3:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

joehonkie posted:

Better without context:

Jimmy Olsen #85, I think?

Was the phrase that he used that was taken literally "I want to ride the baloney pony"? Because if it wasn't that, I got nothing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Gwenpool Holiday Special Mix Up #1

What am I even reading

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
She-hulk is one of those books that has the potential to be entertainingly written because Hulk without the existential angst can be fun, and historically it's allowed writers to explore some neat alternative concepts to the stock Hulk tropes (there was one run that had a bit of a focus on how Jen has pretty much the opposite problem as Bruce because her insecurities about herself when she's in normal form was basically making her want to stay green all the time), however you have to be really careful to ensure that you don't end up in a situation where she's being drawn one-handed by Frank Cho.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Red posted:

So that's why all of his women's faces look the same.

gently caress's sake.

I mean, whatever floats your boat; if you want to draw a titty, draw a titty, and if people want to look at that titty they'll look at that titty and if they don't they won't, but that's just insulting.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

redbackground posted:

It was added by somebody later.

Ahaha that's great. The only redeeming thing about the picture and it's not even Cho's handiwork.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ruddiger posted:

Is this your first exposure to someone objectifying She Hulk?

Oh absolutely not, it's just this particular instance is so incredibly ham handed.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ygolonac posted:

(Uncanny X-Men 542, says the source page)

In my mind he sounds exactly like mr torgue from borderlands. :allears:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Not sure of the source, but I love how the one dumb comment completely deflates the mood in the room.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Context: OG Ollie, who was killed in this dimension frequently had banter with Harley waaaay back in the first year of Injustice about how The Arrow Cave was a crap name for his hideout, with Harley trying to convince him that 'The Quiver' was a better name and made more sense. After his death, enter his inter-dimensional counterpart who has just now travelled to the Injustice universe for the first time and is dealing with living in a universe where an alternate version of him died years ago.

4 years. THAT's a slow-burn punchline.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Rhonne posted:

How do you use a mace to stop crime without straight up killing the criminal?

How do you swing a double mace like that around your head without braining yourself?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is there a generally accepted watermark for what year/under what condition MAD started sucking balls?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Not sure where this belongs,

Airbrushed on the side of a van.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Skwirl posted:

This one is loving amazing.

One of my favorites is a short strip where the dude is wandering along the sidewalk minding his own business, when suddenly Dredd shouts out "stop, citizen" at him. The dude panics and runs, terrified that THE Judge Dredd is after him so he must be in some serious poo poo, with the remainder of the strip being him going through an escalating series of actions to try to escape with Dredd in hot pursuit: he pushes someone off an escalator to their death, assaults various people and finally kidnaps a little girl and threatens to kill her if Dredd doesn't back off. Dredd naturally subdues him, and as he's making the arrest and prepares to send him to the cubes for decades, Dredd pulls the guy's file and notes that the guy is completely clean and has never so much gotten a fine for anything. Dredd asks him why he ran and the guy says it was just his reaction to being yelled at to stop by a Judge of Dredd's standing, and then he asks why Dredd told him to stop in the first place:

Mmmmmm that's good commentary.

Why did we never get a Paul Verhoeven Dredd film?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

wdarkk posted:

OK I like Katana tusks, not gonna lie.

You other brothers can't deny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Senju Kannon posted: