Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Maybe some poo poo in the liquid. Like, if you use water with acid in it for example. Should be lamp oil or similar for machine parts.

I had an M2 give me the blues once, extractor arm was a lovely Turkish cast that cracked :staredog: Had one spare for the remaining five days of ex. Maybe a ghetto tempering would've been the trick.

Oh yeah and that one time - but this was the turret's fault - one of them emptied 100 rounds of Raufoss ammo at a 45 degree angle because the solenoid actuating the side trigger got stuck and the gun fired immediately when loaded :stare: :stonk: :stonklol: I wonder where all those went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Head markers of mass graves filled with dead ISIS: the only place appropriate for Comic Sans.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbtD8yKd9yE

Being on the receiving end of an acurately targeted artillery strike must be terrifying

This video always made my rear end in a top hat pucker up in an ominous way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUvcdKGD-FM

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

That's a private video hombre.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I love how the cannon droops down in disappointment. Goddammit :love: everdraed.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

After the pathology demo video in CBRN school we all solemnly swore we'd blow each others brains out if any of us ever got contaminated.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

The M27 is the HK416, it's just our military designation for it instead of the name HK gave it. And the idea behind it replacing the SAW is that it's lighter and easier to maintain while still providing respectable accuracy and rate of fire. Honestly I was a POG so it really doesn't matter what my opinon is, but my small amount of experience loving around with the 249 was just dealing with a heavy gun that wasn't the easiest thing to work on in the armory and they never let our guys use it with anything other than a STANAG in it it anyhow, so it was a pretty pointless thing.

I rock a bipod on my 416, mostly so I can scratch my balls or apply dip while securing a passageway during house drill, but I've occasionally put it to use as a kind of LMG with the 3x magnifier on it. Works like a charm. The 416 is loving heavy to begin with - about as heavy as the shrimp trawler anchor G3 it replaced - so it's natural it can take a fair amount of heat. Also the reason why specops said "gently caress lol no" when asked if they wanted to trade in their C8's, which feel like plastic mockups in comparison.

Still loving dumb to act like it's a true machine gun, tho'.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

IDGI, isn't the 416 just an m4 with a gas piston? A C8 is like 100g lighter than a short 416.

16.5" barrel so it's more like 700g which is a lot for something you carry all the time. The C is indeed vastly more light and handy.

Mike-o posted:

Don't they also make their lower receivers from steel instead of aluminum?

lol hell no. I think the German sniper variant in 7.62 has a steel upper (begging the question "why the gently caress?").

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

So what happens if the person's finger is on the trigger and the shock of him grabbing the gun sets it off while it's still pointed at his head?

On your gravestone they can inscribe, "At least he tried. "

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Shamelessly stealing from Steeltalon in the Gun Videos thread, an out of battery cookoff is a bad thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkUqOV4kZA

How the gently caress did this happen? The MG3 bolt strips off a fresh cartridge as it slams forward, the chamber stays empty otherwise. Must've been a malfunction.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

That looks like what's happening. Shooter is all "WTF?" there for a moment so he hands it over. Not that it should be really necessary, misfire drill is just to rack the bolt again, or you get the dreaded Wedding Bouquet. Or, in this case, a face full of brass.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Something from Bangladesh or Pakistan, maybe? Or maybe just Norinco looking to make a buck.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I wonder if ISI is working some angle in Syria. Wouldn't surprise me.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

I've never before felt such a burning desire to WP up a particular technical, but here it is.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Stand among stars
Await a new sun
A triumphant Sight
Trinity forms

Comfort us O Destroyer
Light up the skies
Comfort us O Destroyer
Light up the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlnUng_274

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I've only shot the Eryx wire-guided missile, but if it's anything similar, poo poo gets harder when there's a great deal of target movement involved. Simulator work helps a ton.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

American defense technology; specially crafted to incinerate Arabs whether they are operating the equipment or the target.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Guy has some loving moves allright.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

stop
drop
lock him up, beat him with a rock
oh
no
that's the way Caro goes

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Stumbling Block posted:

I heard that it's got a horrible black blast that'd mess you up if you fired it from an enclosed space though. Much more so than most other shoulder fired rockets.

See that foxhole?

We dug that up with ~20 rounds prone. Hard packed gravel and rock sand.

It'll kill you stone dead on shorter ranges and mess you up bad a good way back. The loader's primary job is to keep looking back and shout "all clear" every few seconds and not the least bark for the gunner to hold fire if some dipshit's flawed life path aimlessly meanders into the triangle of death.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Rangers(and the rest of SOF, probably) have a rule that you can only shoot something like 5 during training and 10 in combat. Didn't stop goose teams from shooting way more than that and then being all hosed up the next day and a half from all the overpressure. :downs:

The first time I was a gunner on one of these in the late 90s we were told the same thing. Then I got it back 13 years later and we shot this in three sessions over 24 hours, between eight cannons with gunners and loaders switching midway:

Did have a mighty bitching headache the last night, though. Might've been too little to drink for all I know. :shobon:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

We strap the CG to pack frames with the loader for each cannon usually carrying four grenades with additional carrying coming from the rest of the support squad. Don't skip cardio days, guys :staredog: at least in the wintertime we load them into pulkkas and pull them through the snow.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Big fat plate helps a little. A little.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

They're fun as poo poo and can do amazing things with a seasoned driver behind the wheel. Noise gets bad after a while though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

Dude looks like he is hating life.

Lugging all that weight around in your arms you'd hate your life too.

• Locked thread