Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
gently caress, how does the GOP manage to get crazier and crazier. The running field for 2016 is nuts, and now Gohmert is entering the speakership race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Someone was trying to spread the rumour that the accident happened in a sex swing.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
There's a WESTMORELAND in Congress?!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

Today is Richard M. Nixon's 102nd birthday. :toot:

(I assume Kissinger found a way to keep him alive and slowly feed off his remaining life essence.)
I think there's a pentagram underneath the Charlie Rose table.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Speaking of Republican subtext, is the Ames straw poll the place where politicians go to deepthroat sausages in scarring photos?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Sheryl Sandberg (CA).

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Reminder that The Gamle continues to be one of the best book on the dynamics of primaries, especially since it focuses on that Romney guy.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Pohl posted:

Remember in 2010 when McConnell said the main goal was to make Obama a one term President?
The goal now is:

It seems like leadership wants to control the crazy as long as possible so people don't get the wrong idea about the Republican party. Even they know how precarious their position is, but they also know they have a 50/50 shot at winning everything in 2016 if they play their cards right.
Failing that, he can fight to make Obama a two-term president, because we know how much he hates the constitution. :argh:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So what will the gravitational point of a GOP primary be - will it be social-conservatives pulling candidates to the right on abortion, SSM and the like with Bush and Romney trying their best to say as crazy poo poo as possible?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

Maybe you thought some Fox News pundit said the dumbest thing today about Obama not visiting Paris. Well, you were wrong. It's never a good idea to bet against the Texas Congressional delegation in such matters.

:godwin: :godwin: :godwin:
Fox only just missed the time window for crazy of the day.

RESET THE CLOCK

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Mitt Romney is your new bicycle.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Ah yes, the Testudine Question.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

:cripes:

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 16, 2015

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Does Priebus still get sloshed in all public appearances?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

The charm offensive continues.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
A new MLK speech has been unearthed. It's powerful:

MLK posted:

It may be true that you can’t legislate integration, but you can legislate desegregation. It may be true that morality cannot be legislated, but behavior can be regulated. It may be true that the law can’t change the heart, but it can restrain the heartless. It may be true that the law can’t make a man love me, but it can restrain him from lynching me. And I think that’s pretty important also.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Boehner has invited Netanyahu to address Congress about the threat of Iran.

The time window is small, since Netanyahu might not be PM for long.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

Joe Biden will lead a Presidential delegation to Saudi Arabia to pay respect and offer condolences to King Abdullah's family and nation.
#JeSuisSaudi

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Lemme know if there's a better place to post this:

Apparently there was a bomb scare amongst two US airliners in Atlanta today. All passengers have been safely evacuated, search is currently in progress: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30971220
That was from a tweet correspondence. The Twitter account is still open and active.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Quote of the Day:

Revered historian and scholar Newton Gingrich posted:

Why are there no Japanese troops hunting down and killing the ISIS leaders who behead Japanese. Japan is a wealthy powerful nation.

Hmm, yes, intriguing question. Let me consult my archive and try to find an answer ...

ufarn fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 25, 2015

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

Really when you come down to it, everything is comparable to the Holocaust.
Except slavery - which isn't comparable to slavery.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Lol @ Koch Bros spending a cool $.9B up to the next election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...86a0_story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

This is also the 180th anniversary of the first attempted assassination of a President, Andrew Jackson. Richard Lawrence fired a shot at him outside the Capitol, but the gun misfired. Jackson then started to beat Lawrence with his cane. Lawrence pulled a second pistol and fired it point blank, but it also misfired.

The Smithsonian later test fired Lawrence's pistols and they both worked on the first attempt without issue.
Buried lede: Earth-3 President Calhoun. :stare:

• Locked thread