Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hey guys

a week from tonight, dakana and I get to spend the night in a hotel that prides itself on its several RV hookups, parking spots, and dump stations

last year it was a rapey motel out of a Rob Zombie film

i'm not sure if we're better off this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

hey guys

a week from tonight, dakana and I get to spend the night in a hotel that prides itself on its several RV hookups, parking spots, and dump stations

last year it was a rapey motel out of a Rob Zombie film

i'm not sure if we're better off this year

mrs. dakana told me not to get in the hot tub because she's afraid i'll get scabies

i'm gonna risk it. i live dangerously.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

mrs. dakana told me not to get in the hot tub because she's afraid i'll get scabies

i'm gonna risk it. i live dangerously.

wooooooooooo :coolfish:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Get a room you two... oh wait.

Hittin' up West Edmonton Mall tomorrow to spend my photo-contest-winnings on a tripod, plus experience the cultural re-zeroing of a Saturday afternoon at the (formerly) largest mall in the world.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Nearby camera store is closing but no discount on film. I bought two rolls and think I have about a week if I want to drop off/pick up there one last time. :saddowns:
Late on the friday foto but I was out of town and drove back from Calgary yesterday and took a pic this morning of dog and bone and gnome and some leftover snow from a big dump the day I left town.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Elrobot posted:

Nearby camera store is closing but no discount on film. I bought two rolls and think I have about a week if I want to drop off/pick up there one last time. :saddowns:
Late on the friday foto but I was out of town and drove back from Calgary yesterday and took a pic this morning of dog and bone and gnome and some leftover snow from a big dump the day I left town.

HI DOGGE

HI GNOME

HI BONE

what news of Shortbus? :ohdear:

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
shortbus satan owes me for renouncing my catholicism and I been hailing him quite a bit lately in thine name so you better be ok

other that just kind of homemade faded right now on homemade ginger ale and homemade blueberry schnapps cocktail

hail satan

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

voodoorootbeer posted:

shortbus satan owes me for renouncing my catholicism and I been hailing him quite a bit lately in thine name so you better be ok

Shortbus is pretty much ok and on a bunch of fancy people-drugs (I didn't actually know they gave ACE inhibitors to cats.)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
help i hailed shortbus satan and now all of my pictures are of cats

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

Shortbus is pretty much ok and on a bunch of fancy people-drugs (I didn't actually know they gave ACE inhibitors to cats.)

hail shortbus :radcat:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Wild EEPROM posted:

help i hailed shortbus satan and now all of my pictures are of cats

Hail Satan!

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

SoundMonkey posted:

please like literally pray for shortbus, she is very ill. i will post pictures if she seems to be in the mood.

I literally did that! Don't leave us shortbus!

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

SoundMonkey posted:

:rock:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

hail the long weekend ahead of us, canagoons. hail it.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

bobmarleysghost posted:

hail the long weekend ahead of us, canagoons. hail it.

I am hailing it and going to visit some big trees for the weekend.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Gonna have like a million BBQs

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

If one of them is in toronto, holla at ya boy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hail Yard Work... That I have been neglecting by taking pictures every weekend. :(

Lots and lots of yardwork. :smith:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Holidays are meaningless to me, again. Boss is flying in for 1 day, arriving Sunday night so Monday is extra-work day. Canada day is inconveniently in the middle of the week, but I'll be at a conference in Edmonton anyway so I guess I'll just see some little Canada flags during presentations and fireworks that evening? August long weekend might be filled with me helping my GF move. Labour day I'll probably be on the road, but fast-food and motels don't close for holidays, either, so I should be OK there.

What are these "mandated days off" you speak of?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Expected weather? Rain. Actual weather? 2-3 inches of hail. Hail Satan.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I sat in conditions ranging from drizzle to mosquito cloud to downpour for 13 hours shooting crazy white people who pay good money to run in mud and destroy their shoes, clothes, and relationships

Everything is pain

hail satan

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm killing time waiting for a text from the field site from the two PhDs who showed up yesterday, dog-tired, and are out moving a flux tower in a wetland. They want my help to move the big solar panel, but they don't know when that will happen. Sunday mid-day shitposting.

Also:

DJExile posted:

Everything is pain

hail satan

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

I sat in conditions ranging from drizzle to mosquito cloud to downpour for 13 hours shooting crazy white people who pay good money to run in mud and destroy their shoes, clothes, and relationships

Everything is pain

hail satan

everything was wet

nothing was dry

it was like the mud was sticky wet metal and everything was a superpowered electromagnet

my elbows are raw, my fingers and hands are dead

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

ExecuDork posted:

I'm killing time waiting for a text from the field site from the two PhDs who showed up yesterday, dog-tired, and are out moving a flux tower in a wetland. They want my help to move the big solar panel, but they don't know when that will happen. Sunday mid-day shitposting.

Also:

Flux tower? should you really be time travelling in a wetland dude?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

My 3 month long shift running an experiment underground is finally over

i'm free

hail satan

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

My 3 month long shift running an experiment underground is finally over

i'm free

hail satan

this explains the lack of bad posts for the last three months. the ground bravely shielded us from the brunt of it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'm having my stag/bucks night in Las Vegas tomorrow night, all I want to do is sleep.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Homemade mayo

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Hail Tuesday and stuff I guess. I'm dropping off some film tomorrow so that's fun. PS I gotta get on doing home dev colour film

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

this explains the lack of bad posts for the last three months. the ground bravely shielded us from the brunt of it.

:mediocre:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Didn't die in Vegas, a terrible place.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
last weekend was a spartan race (slow wet mud death)

this weekend will be a wedding that'll run late into the night (welp, hope i don't blow my fingers up with sparklers)

next weekend will be another spartan race (maybe hot sticky mud death this time)

then i go to myrtle beach for a week and do nothing but like float around and read

the end is in sight. the tunnel is narrowing. i must plow on.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

last weekend was a spartan race (slow wet mud death)

this weekend will be a wedding that'll run late into the night (welp, hope i don't blow my fingers up with sparklers)

next weekend will be another spartan race (maybe hot sticky mud death this time)

then i go to myrtle beach for a week and do nothing but like float around and read

the end is in sight. the tunnel is narrowing. i must plow on.

you gotta spend a weekend with me in The poo poo before you go on a trip with Mrs. Dakana.

when you think about it, I give you a poo poo weekend to help you better appreciate the time you spend with your better half.

You're welcome. :colbert:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Such a good loving movie

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

8th-snype posted:

Such a good loving movie

Gonna go see it this afternoon, in 2D because the showtimes for 3D are not good for me. Maybe if I love love love it I'll see the later 3D showing, too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Gonna go see it this afternoon, in 2D because the showtimes for 3D are not good for me. Maybe if I love love love it I'll see the later 3D showing, too.

Skip the 3D. It wasn't filmed for 3D and while it's a phenomenal movie, the 3D doesn't really add anything.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

i watched it twice

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Saturday matinee at 3pm was $8 for the 2D showing and it was excellent. I will be seeing it again, sooner or later.

And now I know what these new animated smilies are about!

On my way home I tried to find some birds to photograph, I succeeded on my third try, and now I have 200 pictures to ignore and pile onto the backlog! Hurray!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

i watched it twice

I'm going again this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Grabbed drinks with Autism Adams and MrBland this weekend. We decided to drink at the local Fred Meyer/Kroger. It was such an odd thing to sit at a bar in the middle of a grocery store.

• Locked thread