Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
I’m going to CA for a wedding next month and put together a greater golf itinerary than I thought possible:

1. TPC Harding Park
2. Olympic Club
3. MOTHERFUCKING CYPRESS POINT AHHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHHH WFHSOWHDHOSKWBIDCOBAOWD
4. Monterey Peninsula Club
5. Spyglass

Please, for the love of god, let Cypress stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

The high tomorrow is 35 in Atlanta :smith: Whyyy it was so nice this week.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

This is absurd.

https://twitter.com/lpga/status/1501878532007366656?s=21

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I used to struggle with hitting massive pulls. Just seeing this gave me PTSD.

https://twitter.com/shanebacon/status/1503043553534087174?s=21

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

mattfl posted:

Hey I just realized I never got an email from you. When are you in town again?

Right now! I emailed you two weeks back or so.

Idk that we can get something set for tomorrow, but maybe next time.

Also, I hit next to Trevor Immelmann today. So buttery.

I try to not be a divot monster but can’t do it like that.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

Very dumb question, what do you use them for when practicing?

I got some good strokes in today, had to drive like 45m bc the city driving range is closed tho. Mainly focused on 7-9 but got a few swings in with the new 3wood. Tbh I think that's all I'll be hitting (besides wedges and putter) to start the year. Keep it simple and easy.

What Josh said. I also use one for ball position (how far forward/back in my stance). And I occasionally stick one in the ground behind me. I am working on not having my first move at the top being a drop inside, so this helps me to feel like I get the club head more in front of me.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I had a driver fitting and went with the Stealth/Ventus combo. I wasn’t swinging that great during the fitting, so hopefully I didn’t mis-pick!

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Jin Young Ko’s stats are bananas—just unbelievable. 66 consecutive GIRs, 16 rounds in the 60s, 114 bogey free holes. I mean, what the gently caress.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

:getin:

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

torgeaux posted:

1. Hate stand bags.
2. 5.5 pounds? Jesus, I'm looking for light weight.

https://golfhq.com/ping-hoofer-craz...2061dd56c9c7621

Craz-e lite is 3 lbs. It’s great.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I have no idea if this means I’m hitting the ball better but it looked cool.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

https://youtu.be/cXCU7liXB38

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Omerta posted:

I’m going to CA for a wedding next month and put together a greater golf itinerary than I thought possible:

1. TPC Harding Park
2. Olympic Club
3. MOTHERFUCKING CYPRESS POINT AHHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHHH WFHSOWHDHOSKWBIDCOBAOWD
4. Monterey Peninsula Club
5. Spyglass

Please, for the love of god, let Cypress stick.

Well this was a loving disaster. Cypress connect bailed, I couldn’t get on Olympic because they had their member guest in the days where I was in SF, and I had an emergency temporary restraining order hearing, so I ended up canceling the other rounds. Mega bummer.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Weedle posted:

wow what happened at the wedding

I’m a lawyer, so it was a work TRO and unrelated to the wedding. The wedding went great!

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I shot +1 today :unsmith: Nice to see the lessons and practice are paying off!

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I was totally off today and shot 81, and I’m happy with that. My scoring range used to be crazy wide, and I’m almost to the point where I’m always in the 70s.

I played with one of our really good juniors. She’s in 6th grade and shot a casual bogey-free 70.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

mattfl posted:

Now it's back to regular old boring Florida golf lol I actually get to play Interlachen Country Club(no not that one) this Friday which some of you central florida goons might have heard of. Supposedly it's on the same level as Bay Hill and Lake Nona so we'll see. The member that invited us is actually the 3 time ladies club champ so it should be a good time out there! Water comes into play on like 15 or 16 of the holes lol

Interlachen was my home club growing up. I’ll be interested to hear what you think. (Also, I sent you an email about playing there or Nona, but we weren’t able to connect!)

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

mattfl posted:

I've been told to bring lots of balls as water is in play on 16 of the 18 holes or something ridiculous like that lol

Shoot me another email @ gmail because I think the last time we tried to swap emails I never got yours or something, are you able to get out on Interlachen or Nona on the regular?

I live out of state, but my parents are members and I know probably a dozen Nona members. I think water legitimate comes into play on 13 or 14 holes. The main thing is to make sure you hit it on the right section of green.

Also, there are quite a few holes where driver off the tee might not be the best move, depending on how long you are off the tee. If you’re playing the golds, you might want to hit 3w on 2, 3, 7, 9, and 12. Maybe 14 and 16, too, depending on where they put the tee and what your miss is with driver.

Fazio is redoing the course over the summer, so we’ll have to get you back out when it’s done.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 25, 2022

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

mattfl posted:

Only took a few pics

https://imgur.com/a/U1rj19u

Interlachen was pretty awesome. Lots of water but can be a very scoreable course if you know where to hit it. I shot a decent enough 83 from the greens(6325 yds) which for me was just a little to short, it sounds awesome to be left with nothing but short half shot wedges into the greens on almost every par 4, but when that game isn't as strong as it should be I should have been laying back leaving myself with full wedges in. The greens were awesome, but playing 6 rounds up in Pinehurst the week before threw off my putting game and I did not adjust well or quick enough to the greens. Facilities are awesome as one would expect at a very private course, every 4 or 5 holes had full drink stations with fridges that were loaded with powerade/gatorade/water which was pretty awesome, Bay Hill doesn't even have that lol.

The member we played with was a former women's club champion who just got beat out by Omerta's mom the week before, so that was kinda funny in a, hey small world we kinda have a person in common way lol. It was also very unfair to watch her dick around and shot +2 on her round, just absolutely consistent off the tee and hit just about every GIR. I think if she had been in tournament mode the few holes she had bad mistakes on would not have happened, she was -1 through 16 and had 2 bad holes to end the round.

I'd like another crack at it, playing back a tee and now knowing where the trouble is on most holes. She said they are shutting it down in April of next year for a complete makeover which makes no sense as the course is a great layout and was in perfect condition. There were only a few holes where I thought, ya ok they could change this green from being super elevated with no way to stop a ball on it, it should be changed, but really, can't imagine what they are going to do. Hopefully my buddy who is friends with her can get us out one more time before it shuts down.

Yeah, the green tees are fun to play every now and then but don’t make for a great round. It’s a much better course from the golds or blacks.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

6 birdies is nice—good bit of offense.

I wish I could be in contention my club championship, but that’ll never happen. There are like 8-10 guys who are +3 index or better. I can’t shoot 65 in tournament conditions and they can.

Edit: Since everyone is posting swing speed, I’m mid-30s and 115-117. I can hit 122ish but that’s got big dispersion.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 4, 2022

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Prurient Squid posted:

I was going to ask how you guys always seem to know how many yards you hit the ball. Is there some kind of computer thing at work?

Our club has two trackman stations, so you can reserve a time and get all your stats.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Shot 76 today but lol at this front 9.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

We have the US Open Sectional qualifier tomorrow at my home course. It’s very inspiring to watch these bros just pure the poo poo out of the ball. I mean, look at these divots.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I’m playing the U.S. Sectional tees with the same pin placements on Sunday with a few friends at my home course. Will be thrilled if I break 85!

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

These are the same imbecils who are firmly in the "Saudis did 9/11! Sharia law is coming to America! Biden is in league with the Arabs!"; so, not only are they racists, but they are hypocritical even within their own racism.

Uh, the Saudis kinda did do 9/11.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I played my home course from the tips today—7330ish—with U.S. Open Sectional pins and shot 84. Probably had a good shot at breaking 80 but completely ran out of gas around 14. It was way hot and I didn’t eat anything besides a protein bar.

View from the first of the two 600+ yard par 5s on the back, which had about a 250 carry to the fairway.

Here’s the other one

Omerta fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 12, 2022

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Omne posted:

That's my fear this weekend. Playing a walking 9 at noon on Friday, 18 at 11 on Sunday, 9 more on Monday (time tbd). In central Florida.

You’re gonna die.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

What should I buy from the Congressional pro shop? I ask because I generally don’t collect souvenirs; meanwhile my apartment is barely decorated.

I wish I had collected scorecards from every course I’ve played, then I could have some gems like Pinehurst, Muirfield Village, and East Lake and display them in as wall art or something.

I always get a golf ball (doxing balls redacted):

Edit: I have no idea why the resolution is so bad but w/e.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I was -2 through 13 before I got rained out yesterday, and today I went out and played 5 and shot +8. Golf is fun and makes sense.

I am on the cusp of really good playing but man, I’d love to get my dispersion tighter.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I have my club championship next week and man, last few rounds have not been inspiring.

I’ve been working on some swing changes that have definitely made the good shots great, but the bad shots are still bad. On the bright side, my path is so much better and consistent. I went from 3 degrees on the low end and 8+ on the high end (duck hook city) to between 0.5 and 2.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Finished the first round of my club championship today and finished double par double to shoot 78. I’ve been playing so bad that I’m just happy to break 80.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Shot a 91 with an 11 (lol) during the second round. My club is very punishing if you’re offline, and my driver decided to take the day off, so it was a tough day.

That said, I love tournament golf and was glad to see that I could implement some of the things I’ve been working on in a tournament.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

If you are hitting it off the hosel, you are very likely standing too close to the ball. Also, hitting off mats is bad, as is overthinking your swing.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Texas is a horrible venue for this lawsuit. Texas has a very strong anti-SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) law, and I think this will get nuked before discovery.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

gvibes posted:

I am trying to get back into the game and built a simulator in the garage.

Irons are coming around, but every drive has like a 8-10 degree inside out swing path and a 12-14 degree open face. All unplayable push fades basically.

Get a foam pillow and stick it just to the right of your intended path. Another drill that helps a lot with this is to put a head cover over an empty water bottle inside of your target line basically in line with your right foot. For the face, imagine the ball is a clock face and try to hit around 2:00.

The face is a pretty easy problem to fix. Fixing your path will take a while.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I joined another country club in Cashiers, NC. I’m in love.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Old Edwards by any chance?

If so, the Bryan Bros just filmed a bunch of videos there and the course looks absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lsJez8Oj4

Very close! Country Club of Sapphire Valley. I played close to all of the courses in the Cashiers area (including Wade Hampton) and CCSV was by far the favorite for me and the missus.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Broke 70 for the first time in a long time! Shot 68 at my home course.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

Kirios posted:

I swear this thread does a great job humbling someone. I was getting ready to be all excited to post that I've shot my best score this season, a 77, only for the literal person above me to post a 68.

I will never, ever be that good.

That’s a great score! It’s all about trying to improve your game, not play against someone else’s.

My home club has about 15 guys that are +2 or better and 5 who are +4 or better. Last time I played with one of them I shot 74 and lost by 9 strokes lol. There’s always someone better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I shot 77 today, which is ok for me. But what I was really happy about was I started with four bogeys and a double in the first five holes. Some of the damage was really dumb, too. I straight up chunked my wedge on the first hole, then thinned my next wedge approach.

A couple years ago, that would have tilted me, but I kept it together and righted the ship. Had five birdies and probably would have shot a few lower if I wasn’t playing on recently punched greens.

I’m closing in on scratch, and I need to tighten my distribution if I don’t want to be a cash register.

Sadly, I can’t play in our club championship this year, but I’d have zero chance anyways. My club has 10-15 guys who are +2 or better and maybe 5 who are +4 or better. If I shot my three best rounds of the year consecutively, I might finish top 5 lol.