Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nyaa posted:

Pendulum summon is still a mystery for now.

We know all we need to know about pendulum Summon: Pendulum Summon only happens in a pinch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nyaa posted:

Pegasus is voice by James from team rocket.

??? The three dub voices for James voiced Bakura/Bandit Keith/Chumley/Jack Atlas (Ted Lewis), Kaiba/Kemo (Eric Stuart), and Weevil (Jimmy Zoppo) respectively. The Japanese voice wasn't in Yu-Gi-Oh at all...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

What's REALLY great is that all of 4kids regular VAs were hired as voice actors for Valkyrie Profile. It was totally great playing that, and getting to a big dramatic scene, and suddenly hearing Ash's voice come out of someone.

The best was the guy clearly setup to be a main antagonist in the sequel... with Meowth's Voice.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

K. Flaps posted:

I want to play the card game now. What's the best yugioh game?

YGOPro, Devpro or Dueling Network are free apps that are current on the card game (though YGOPro/Devpro are probably better for that). If you want to learn, I'd say pick up one of the DS games, which if I recall right come with tutorials. If you just want to throw random cards down and fight enemies just grab any of the GBA/DS/PSP games and throw cards down.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The power of Cheating always beats whatever bullshit new mechanic. Yugi Supremacy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

dogsicle posted:

Yuzu is the only main character with an archetype I don't like. I loved the cooking, Gem Knight, and Sawatari v1 archetypes. Overall Arc V seems to have mostly good ones.

I enjoy playing Melodious more than watching them. They're douchebag stall, yes, but it's an excuse to play classical music while I'm being a douchebag and stalling.

(My other deck is Ultra Athletes, who are great)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xoidanor posted:

Only when combined with tons of free plusses, free flips every day, multiple re-usable searchers and boss monsters which are literally unaffected by all effects in the game. gently caress Qliphots. :shepicide:

I still find them less bullshit than almost every XYZ.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Silento posted:

I don't know how 4Kids got the opening so right when they dubbed Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, but managed to gently caress up a bunch of their other shows' openings (One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew) so badly.

The One Piece opening owns I don't know what you're talking about.

E: That's what I get for not checking to see if there's a new page.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Devpro usually. Ygopro if you want to face computers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Momomo posted:

I can rationalize it with the XYZ dimension guys all being cheating assholes. Yuto said Sawatari was weak for using underhanded tactics, but they do that poo poo constantly.

It's just the nature of the summon.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Beef Waifu posted:

"I still hate Xyz monsters."

The Academia is just and right for wanting to exterminate this menace.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I really hope that the lead Fusion villain's reasoning behind this is "I was running a decent deck based on Level-based cards, and then Xyz users started using these bullshit ranks" because then he'd be the most sympathetic villain in Yu-Gi-Oh history.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This was an official song, so I'd say 4Kids.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The Ghostrick thingy automatically won the game when it had 10 xyz materials.

Japan only! Which is a shame because it gave Ghostricks something to do that wasn't the utterly boring "face-down banish mill"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Easiest deck to build and play: U.A.
No extra deck stuff, just sportsmen hitting people with bats and then throwing baseballs at their cards. Deck itself costs like nothing now that Royal Decree is reprinted.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Blue Eyes and Yosenju are both really fun decks. I like UAs because their thesis statement is "people do too many things in this game." They're basically a wrestling heel tag team that stop the opponent from doing anything and tagging in and out all the time. To prove the point, my build runs two different traps: 3x Royal Decree (no Traps), and 2x Breakthrough Skill (no Effect)

(Mighty Slugger: Opponent can't activate effects until end of damage step when I attack
Perfect Ace: Once/Opponent's Turn, Negate and Destroy opponent's S/T/M Effect
Goalkeeper: Once/Opponent's Turn, Target a UA, this turn it can't be destroyed by opponent's monster or card effects
Midfielder: Once/Either Turn, Target another UA, Special Summon a UA with a different name from Hand
All UA: Return a different named UA to hand to Special Summon this card from hand.)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 4, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, UA monsters are terrifying when used right. It's probably the strongest of my current decks. (I also use Hunder, Ghostrick, and Gusto at varying levels of usefulness.)

My favorite XYZ to use against people who spam XYZ is Unformed Void (3L4 monsters, Once/turn, during the opponent's Main Phase, detach 1, this card gains attack/defense equal to the total ATK of all your opponent's XYZ monsters. This is a quick effect) Since I don't have millions of dollars for the various toolbox Rank 4s (loving $60 for Lavalval chain?) it works well enough.

Also, another card that's useful for Blue Eyes Deck if you're using Ultimate anyway is Five Headed Dragon. It's equally as simple to summon and stronger. You can put it in defense to wall against ARK.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 4, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
A fun card to have in any deck with a tuner is Colossal Fighter. It's basically a free "gently caress You" to any warrior deck, and if they manage to get over it in battle? It summons itself! Just protect it from other destruction effects.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Burning Abyss is a fun, if incredibly expensive deck!

Its archetype is summed up in this massive image:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

forbidden lesbian posted:

How often do they actually ban stuff?

Three lists a year if I recall right.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Momomo posted:

So I'm to the point where the Shadow Riders start showing up, and this first rear end in a top hat uses Red Eyes. How is ol' Red Eyes these days? He was always a really lame Blue Eyes when I first got into the series, has he changed very much?

Red Eyes is about to get some support actually! But for now, yeah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Momomo posted:

Slightly unrelated, but when do Pendulum cards go to the extra deck, exactly? I know for instance, if an opponent destroys them, but what if you tribute them or use them for Overlay effects?

If they are on the field, they go into the extra deck.
Basically as long as they aren't xyz materials/discarded/milled, they go to the extra deck.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yata lock for sure.
I will always hate Inzektors. They're basically just long boring turns and then preventing you from doing stuff.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

Oh you're trying to normal summon a monster? That's cute. I went first and set five cards into my backrow. Good luck with that whole summoning thing. :v:

I still want Heavy Storm back, dammit.

I summon Denko Sekka.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Denko Sekka is amazing in Hunders. Especially when equipped with United We Stand and a Solidarity or two on the field.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love Doble Passe. It chains well with Waboku. Especially against Honest.
"Honest!"
"Okay, I chain Doble Pass to it. Your attack gain fizzles as your attack is now a direct attack. Also you take a lot of damage."/"I attack." "I chain Doble Pass, then Waboku. I take no damage, and you take a lot."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Lava Golem and Stormforth are my two favorite cards.

":smuggo: Oh I have my Melodious out so you can't destroy my monster by battle or card effects, and you also can't target my monster with Card Effects."

":colbert: I activate The Monarchs Stormforth, and tribute your Sonata to summon U.A. Perfect Ace."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Terrible decks are fun to mess around with. I had a match with my friend, we were both using our worst decks. I was using my Chess Archfiends, and he was using his amalgam of terrible cards called the "Unhappy" deck (After "The Unhappy Girl," who was his first card). after messing around in games 1 and 2, and tying overall, in game 3, I agree to hold back so he can summon his boss monster (Superdreadnaught Rail Gun Gustav Max). I kill monsters so he can get Sephylon out, and he summons Gustav... right into my Bottomless Trap Hole I had set three turns before making that deal.

He still won.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I went to my college's card games club today, and the president hooked his Laptop up to the Projector to show off the Banlist. After that was done I asked if I could show something.

I showed the first Sora/Shun duel. I flipped a coin between that and one of the Sawatari episodes.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 22, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Beef Waifu posted:

Did you show the part where the building got dropped onto Sora.

Yup. Both episodes. Wanted to traumatize the two or three people who don't play Yu-Gi-Oh, and thus don't know Frightfurs.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 22, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Can someone post the Sawatari Noble Knight image again? I need it but I don't want to search the thread.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can totally join up with my superior TCG exclusive Warrior Archetype (U.A.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can stream matches too. Good commentary not promised.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
YOU! EH!
Main Deck
1x U.A. Goalkeeper
3x U.A. Mighty Slugger
3x U.A. Perfect Ace
3x U.A. Midfielder
2x Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
3x Reinforcements of the Army
3x Terraforming
3x Pot of Duality
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Forbidden Chalice
3x The Monarchs Stormforth
3x U.A. Powered Jersey
3x U.A. Stadium
2x Breakthrough Skill
3x Royal Decree

Extra Deck
Is for nerds

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Slur just finished his streaming, so I'm gonna pick up the slack. If you want to watch, click here!

If you want to chat with me while I play, add xanderk2 on Skype with your SA Username.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I think the only effect that can target both ranks and levels is the Qli boss monsters.
But I might be wrong.

All Qli target both Ranks and Levels. It's why they're amazing.

But yeah, the Level Limit stuff is why I am so anti-XYZ

Senerio fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 24, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Quincytbb posted:

As someone trying to do that right now with this stupid cat deck, yeah kinda. The only solution i can seem to come up with is hope and prey that you can get it out first before they can xyz anything and hope that they don't have any rank 3 or less xyz monsters that are threatening.

Summon Breaker.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoyed Streaming today, and showing people why UAs are great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Maybe I should join in the streams next time!

...I guess I'll need to learn how to build and use a deck first though. Man, the anime makes it look so easy. I need to find myself some mystical pendant with dark powers, that seems to make playing this overly complicated but fun card game far easier.

Try the Skull Servant deck (or my UA deck) out to get a feel for the game, and then figure out what you like and what you dislike and find an archetype that supports you.
(Ex: I hate extra decks XYZs, and like saying gently caress you to my opponent. Thus, I run UA, who don't run extra deck, and who prevent the opponent from doing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Having to dramatically incant a summon for your highly floatable boss monster will get old after a while.

But if you don't incant in ancient Egyptian, Ra will transform himself into a Hieratic.