Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Great OP, Beef. :)

If you watched 5Ds you probably remember the CG, and Stardust Dragon in particular, being kind of garish. Well, in Arc-V it's way better!

http://imgur.com/FuLTwpd

Sorry for the bad image quality, I've never made a gif before and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's also a lot faster than it is in the show, but whatever, it shows off the cg well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What I wanted the most out of Arc-V when it started was stupid gimmick wrestling-like duelists and for action duels to straight up be brawls, this last episode delivered on both ends with the stupid ninja duelist (complete with overly long scarf) and a guy just punching that LDS dude in the face until (somehow) winning. :allears: The dimension stuff is fun, but the Standard Dimension is ridiculous enough that it can deliver amazing things. Hope it maintains this quality.

Well, we saw Sora going around doing a bunch of silly duels. There was an enka duel and some others I've forgotten. Good stuff though, would have loved to see it focused on.

Unrelated, but I think I'm gonna post some of the season 3 of 5Ds slice of life episodes I liked. I remember there being one where Jack goes to confront a gang to save a member of security, and of course ends up dueling their leader. But after their leader loses, he doesn't immediately give up and instead tries to kill Jack anyway. Then Jack beats the poo poo out of them with his bare hands. :allears: The only 5Ds character better than Jack was the announcer, and that's high praise for the announcer.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Jack Atlas is the loving bomb

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

You should write something about the announcer in the 5Ds post. :colbert: Second best character next to Jack!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Why did they change Reiji to Declan, anyways? Wouldn't "Reggie" have been fine? :shrug:

Edit: Though I guess it is kind of casual... Reginald, then.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

Because the D/D monsters are going to be called something like DECLAN'S DUDES, I bet.

And then the DDD monsters, the ones based on famous kings and conquerors, will end up as DECLAN'S DYNASTIC DUDES or something like that.

Okay, this is great. I hope they do this.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I'm up to the cooking duel in Arc-V. (Sidenote: How many people do you think call it "Arc Vee" instead of "Arc Five"?) And the only bad part about the show so far has been the chubby kid. God, is he annoying. "Shiberu! Shiberu!" Shut the gently caress up, kid! :argh:

Yeah, seriously. Shivers kid is dumb. It's nowhere near a big enough deal to actually affect my enjoyment of the show though, so whatever.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

TBH I found Re-Contract Universe to be one of the most ridiculous (in a good way!) things in ZeXal, and I was sad that it didn't show up again.

I feel like ZeXal was cancelled. They never explain whats up with ZeXal or the Door of Destiny, or how Yuma's dad knew what was going to happen in the future, and they shoehorned in the "Yuma is a piece of Astral" in the last episode. It's perfectly okay that it ended like it did, though, because it had its chance and Arc-V is way better from the very beginning.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

I played YGO exactly once because I wanted ot see what the game was like.

The answer is "not very good"

mind crush this man

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I don't know how 4Kids got the opening so right when they dubbed Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh, but managed to gently caress up a bunch of their other shows' openings (One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew) so badly.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexo posted:

Um gently caress you. Yo Ho Ho he took a bite of Gum Gum is a top 10 dub intro line.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it is pretty great. On the other, 4Kids stopped me from getting into One Piece for many years, and I'm sad to have missed out. V:shobon:V

Edit: Also, it's super infectious. Once I listen to it it's stuck in my head for hours.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

So... Worth watching Zexal for?

No.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

I just assumed that Obelisk smashed Bakura into a pulp in the throne room originally. :v:

The worst part about ZeXal is that every duel ends at less than 1000 LP. Hope Ray's effect can only be activated in that condition, even! So it never feels like Yuma is actually that skilled; he always wins by a hair's breadth. I wouldn't watch it, I personally found part 2 of ZeXal to be way worse than part 2 of 5Ds (part 1 of ZeXal is way worse than part 2 of ZeXal).

basically

alcharagia posted:

Please, do not ever watch Yugioh Zexal, because it is poo poo, and bad.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Actually, no, this is not true, please do not troll. Also, never watch Yugioh Zexal, because it is poo poo, and bad.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Man you guys are mega mad about XYZs

I'm mad about the dumb black hole stock footage. It's way less cool than the synchro summon rings! Fusion background is also kind of bleh but whatever. :mad:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

What is that dancing emote from, anyway? It's real ugly. :stare:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

As always, Everdraed does not disappoint.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Because it's in Japanese, and Japanese Yugioh is the worse Yugioh, in all cases.

I find it hard to believe that English Jack Atlus and the announcer from 5DS are better than the Japanese version.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Funny you should mention Jack, because he is in fact, the best example of this.

My friend told me he's Australian in the dub, got any choice clips?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

alcharagia posted:

I've been looking for a while and I cannot for the life of me find you anything of just English Jack, so I recommend going to go view a Jack episode of the dub. My recommendation is episode 69, the one where he fights the mob, and the very beginning of episode 1, which features the announcer, who is Goku, which I am fond of, (That said, the Japanese Announcer is pretty good too,) as well as Jack's immortal cry of WHO'S THE MASTER OF FASTER?!

Okay, just checked out a bit of episode 69 and the beginning of episode 1. I don't really like it, tbh. Though I usually prefer subs over dubs anyways so I'm probably biased. Also the soundtrack is way lamer than the original!! :mad:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I really liked the music in the new episode of Arc-V. :)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

And yet we still haven't gotten any modern support for Vision HEROs or Evil HEROs or Destiny HEROs. :(

The evil Masked Hero equivalent should be people in rubber monster suits, I will accept nothing else.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh god, you are not joking, are you.

:unsmigghh:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

^That's what I thought at the start, then it just didn't deliver on that premise enough :(

The Tomato episode is a blessing. The sub file for that episode work with any episode in the yugioh franchise:

This almost makes watching ZeXal worth it (not really)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Probably Yusei because he wasn't just some random kid who happened to be good at everything, he was an adult who had a reasonable explanation for his skills in technology and stuff. Also, he went all street fighter on some punk guard's rear end in season 1.

I really don't think seasons 3-5 of 5Ds were terrible? They were nowhere near as tightly plotted or interesting as the first 2 seasons, but still way better than the last half of GX and all of ZeXal (except arguably 3 episodes from the end of season 4, those were pretty good).

WRT the latest Arc-V: Yuya being fused with Yuto is pretty much confirmed, Dennis is still suspicious, Youko (Yuya's mom) still a boss.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

atem is a pretty cool dude

yugi is boring as gently caress though

Yeah.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I like Yusei's design a lot, except kinda the orange hubcaps which are weird. He wears a cool jacket, leather gloves, and a t-shirt! That poo poo is rad.

Also, ZeXal still sucks and the only good things I have to say about it are the CGI, which was a huge step up from 5Ds, and the music, which was pretty good. I like Hope's theme. The plot could have been really cool but they never elaborated on what ZeXal or the Door of Destiny was, and that was a major letdown for me. I'm just gonna tell myself that ZeXal was necessary to improve the animators's CGI skills before Arc-V, because it sure did its job in that case! :allears:

Edit: Also Vector was pretty cool, but nowhere near enough to make up for the show.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

I looked through this guy's videos; one of them displays him winning with only 13 life points left. Pretty intense.

It's sad that he stopped updating, it was a great channel. Maybe he'll come back some day... :pray:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

How do you end up with 13 LP? Everything in this game goes in 50s, sans old bad cards.

Also that Xyz Change video was insane. I don't understand much about current YGO but that was still amazing. If we had gotten something like that in Zexal it'd be far easier to defend it.

Divide by 2 again and again. Check out his HEROs video, where he Super Polys his opponents 2 Quasars!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm glad that a c-tier shonen mangaka like Kazuki Takahashi can make a poo poo ton of money by complete accident

It makes me jealous.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

These are examples of Chaos Xyz/Rank-Up summoning...

...and this is actually using 2 Xyz monsters as material. It's two different things, and as far as I can remember, Future Hope is the only card that's like that. Definitely an exception, and not the rule.

Well, if when Future Hope is Xyz summoned it doesn't keep its material's overlay units, why would Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragon be different? OERD is also using an Xyz monster as material, so Future Hope is no longer alone :v:

Also:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't know if this adds to the argument or not, but when Yuya Xyz Summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, it has two Xyz Materials (Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion). By that time, Dark Rebellion still had both of its Xyz Materials, so they must've been sent to the graveyard upon Xyz Summoning.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

'This is a universe where synchro fusion has been fully realized!

Also the nazis won world war 2."

They use Noden and Synchro Fusionest there!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wow, you left out all those poor Nekrozritual players. :mad:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

50 episodes later and his disappearance has never had one ounce of light shed upon it.

Did they ever explain why Yuma's dad (Kazuma?) was precognitive and had super powers? Like, what. ZeXal!!!! :arghfist:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

All of them.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo Stream's in 10 minutes.

Not the duel with The Man Gongenzaka :colbert:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hjalmar posted:

I know everyone always recommends the episode where Jack tries to get a job, but I'd also like to recommend epidode 76, in which Jack tries to be Batman. It might be my favourite episode in the series.

Jack in general is a really fun character. He can't show up in Arc-V soon enough!

That's one of my favorite episodes too! The enemy reneges on his promise after losing a duel, so Jack beats the poo poo out of his whole gang. If only more problems were solved this way. :monocle:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40870394/KingBeatsGods.yrp

This is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to me on any stream.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I wonder if there's any gimmicks you could run with Scar-Red + Gale Dogra. Probably not, because for it to be worth it you'd have to mill all your tuners. On the other hand, there's no summoning restrictions on it.

As I write this post it occurs to me if it got bounced you'd be hosed. Nevermind. :smith:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Bloody Mary as ritual monster.

Saint Reagan as a ritual monster. His ritual is Reaganomics and requires you to discard 2 level 8+s to summon him. He, however, is level 2. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

Didn't you play Tribute lockdown at the tourney that Omni held? :argh:

All lockdown is bad, except for the lockdown that Slur likes. :v: