Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There is something to playing with physical cards against people you can actually see that those applications will never be able to replace.

Slur posted:

LAN connection, yo.

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I know that the Pokemon TCG at least actually has rules mandating a certain level of hygiene. It's not just up to the venue, tournament organizers are required to enforce it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That new stache is amazing.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Yeah there's no way they don't pump out some Dark Magician/Blue Eyes support for that movie. They can do the usual 'come to the movie, get your choice of a yugi card or a kaiba card' promotion, sell some booster packs, probably make the umpteenth Yugi vs Kaiba starter set.

All the new support are Dark Magician Girl and variations. It sells gangbusters, because I buy all the cards so nobody else can have them.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So are ritual summons pretty much forgotten without much support? How are gishki cards, and even though only some ritual monsters have the "Cannot be special summoned by..." bit on it, is it implied that that no ritual card can be special summoned by other ways?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Weird. I remember all those monsters except for that dragon.

Dragons are the most generic and forgettable of monster types and that's why I won't be using any.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Limited Tour Guide is going to sting some decks pretty hard.

You'd probably more hard-pressed to find some that are dressed sensibly.

It's a pretty even split actually, especially in the TCG. Mind I've only looked at half the cards so far but that's as representative a sample as any I guess.
I'll finish looking at them all soon.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I promise terrible gimmick decks based around cards that are only tangentially related at best.
Alternatively constantly evolving burn decks.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

the best burn deck gimmick is giving cards to your opponent

acid golem, lava golem, satan claus

lava golem is wonderful and goes great in a nurse burn.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i feel like what i'd want to do with a burn deck is develop my side deck so i can switch the type of burn that i use, whether it be based off of spell cards, trap cards, or effects.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Red Suit posted:

gently caress Qli

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ghostricks. Are they viable? If not, why not, and can I overcome this by merging them with other adorable spooky cards.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, huh, anyone wants to play on ygopro?

I tried some random duels and I'm stuck with a shaddoll player being incredibly salty about my NK...for some reason.

I'm heading to bed right now and haven't yet put together a deck, but would you be up for some tomorrow evening?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Senerio posted:

I'll play. Testing out my new deck. Pass will be void.

It's a decent deck, but kinda tough to make work. I like Ghost of a Grudge which, while not a Ghostrick card basically is. My friend swears by Ghostrick Madolche

How does Ghostrick Madolche work? That sounds like the cutest thing.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

just play ai qliphorts and burning abyss and such again and again on ygopro and you'll revise your deck real quick

Anybody know if there's any chance we get dorklord and ghostrick break anytime soon?

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 25, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

gently caress Qliphorts.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think it's gonna take a while to get a pure ghostricks deck running, I might just have to go ghostricks/madolche.
The cards are adorable but I'm not really enjoying so much how they play yet.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I really wish they would put artist names on these cards so we knew the individual ones.

I don't understand why they don't. It's one of the fantastic things about a lot of other TCGs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait 40 cards is just a minimum? :psyduck:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Skill Drain is awful and Qliphorts are awful and Skill Drain combined with Qliphorts is awful. A deck focused around tributing opponent monsters and using your card effects is, unsurprisingly, at a disadvantage against them.
Any advice? Lots of MSTs and a Dark Hole, maybe?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Onmi posted:

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden one can lock out their Pendulums, Something like Kaiser Colloseum can lock them down to the one-on-one. I really need to know your deck before offering advice.

I'm still playing around with different amounts and substituting some of the cards for other but I'm using this dude's http://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/2facpv/rf_ghostrick_macro_monarchs_aka_metadestroyerdek/ deck as the base, since I like the idea of adorable tribute engine combined with sacrificing your opponent's monsters, something I really enjoyed with prior decks.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Since the Qliphorts not only love skill drain, a card that I feel like I should be set up to counter anyway, but also can return a card to the hand when they're tributed, it kinda serves as almost a hard counter to that tribute engine.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I still can't consistently beat Qliphort but those cards helped a lot, thanks!
Now to tweak my deck for better consistency.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

Gishki were a thing. They were a thing that were SO good that they killed them in advance before they hit the TCG.

Sadly though I doubt we're getting any huge Ritual love. I would love for Konami to do it, but they don't seem interested. Arc-V doesn't even have a Ritual dimension. :argh:

What WOULD be cool is an archetype of Wind Ritual monsters. Did you know that Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't have any Wind Ritual monsters at all? It would be nice to change that (and it would be nice for Wind to start getting some actual real attention and love for once.)

I wouldn't worry too much about it until April 1st when the new banlist kicks in. Qliphorts are taking a pretty notable hit there, so they should be easier to deal with.

Both scout and saqlifice are on the list :eyepop:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dabir posted:

Every Extra Deck should have Stardust, unless you're running those Monarch support cards that demand you have no Extra Deck at all.

I've discovered that these cards are absolutely fantastic and that Extra Decks are silly and unnecessary in such deck :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is Axe of Despair as splashable as it seems?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Mr. Whale posted:

Monarchs with the new vassal support seem pretty busted. They really help accelerate out the tribute monsters and all of your plays are so powerful that you only need to stick one or two monsters to shut down your opponent.

This is the decklist I've been running:

1x The End of Anubis
2x Vanity's Fiend
3x Caius the Shadow Monarch
3x Majesty's Fiend
3x Raiza the Storm Monarch
2x Landrode the Rock Vassal
2x Garum the Storm Vassal
3x Mithra the Thunder Vassal
1x Lucius the Shadow Vassal

3x Grudge of the Monarchs
3x Forbidden Lance
3x The Monarchs Stormforth
3x March of the Monarchs
2x Return of the Monarchs
1x The True Monarch Dominion

1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Skill Drain
1x Escalation of the Monarchs

I've noticed a lot of decks fold to either Vanity or Majesty Fiend by themselves. If you can get them out quickly with lance or march of the monarchs as backup, it's really difficult to overcome.
God that's broken.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Monarchs are wonderful.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I ordered a bunch of monarchs. Unsure if I'll regret doing so. Nothing wrong with Monarchs, right? They're an alright investment? :ohdear:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

you will regret it because you will never play irl

screw you im gonna go to games at my flgs
just need a Majesty's Fiend or two...

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

:rip:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Monsters of any extra deck summon are still categorized in between effect and normal monster. Black Skull Dragon should have destroyed First of the Dragons, in this case.

It's not "is not an effect monster" it's a "is a normal monster." Fusion or XYZ monsters without effects aren't normal monsters, they're effectless monsters.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Apparently the term is Non-Effect monster but whatever. A fusion monster is not a normal monster unless it specifically states such.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

That is the worlds most meaningless distinction.

This game is full of those. Nomi and Semi-Nomi is probably my favorite.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

You can't be loving serious.

That appears to be the consensus everywhere I've read. I mean it makes sense, since Normal Monsters are a type of monster just like Effect or Synchro or Fusion, so why wouldn't they be separate.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I have almost a full monarch deck on its way to my house, besides Majesty's Fiend because lol :toot:. Didn't pick up any of the Monarchs besides Raiza, Caius, and Mobius but those were the only ones (and their megas) that really seemed worth getting. Maybe the Rock Monarch if I push the Ghostrick aspect of the deck to set more cards.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm way too excited about buying worthless pieces of cardboard to play children's games with.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'd be up for subbing if anyone can't make it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I did it I bought everything I need for all my variations of this deck. Now I can go play with real cards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

How much did that cost you, in hundreds?

Less than one, and I even bought a Majesty's fiend and sleeves and a deckbox and a binder.