Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I just played against an Exodia deck.

It somehow drew its entire deck in one turn. And the last card was Exodia's head, hilariously enough.

Far less hilarious was the OTK though. Holy poo poo is that a boring way to win or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Senerio posted:

e: No, wait, there's one good type of extra deck summoning:

In the spirit of that type of Extra Deck summoning (as well as the type directly opposed to it), I finally went ahead and tried to make a deck on my own. I'm...not sure what the hell I did, to be honest. I don't think this will work at all, but if I'm going to ask about how I'm meant to make this better, I might as well do it now.

The point is obvious, get those sweet Red-Eyes Fusions on the field at once, and maybe the Xyz one while we're at it. Being honest I couldn't think of how to proceed from there, so I just added whatever I felt I could work on the Extra Deck (and, with my lack of knowledge, this translated to easy Rank 4 Xyz).

I know this is pretty bad, any tips on how to make it better?

EDIT: Thinking about it, I should probably throw the Red-Eyes Ritual in somehow.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 26, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh, I forgot entirely about Card of Red Jewel. I added that, as well as Black Metal Dragon.

I'm still not very sure of what I'm doing though. I wish DevPro had an AI mode like YGOPro, or that YGOPro was up to date like DevPro. Oh well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Another fun stream today!

That Red-Eyes deck was insane though, I didn't think a deck that low in monsters could actually work, much less that well. I still want to test my own though, but I'm not confident enough to test it against people, when I haven't played against people in a bit less than a decade.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm a complete beginner but this might help me actually, you know, practice and get better, so I'm in.

Though uhh, the explanation of how this works kind of confused me. Let me see if I somewhat get it...three packs are opened, if I'm first I choose one, then player 2 has to choose from the packs except that one, including player 8 doing so to player 1 until there's no more cards, then it's done again but backwards with three new packs?

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 27, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

EDIT: also we are in #ADTRWDraft on SynIRC right now going over how drafting works for anyone still at a loss. In case you want to get an idea for it

Oh man, I was asleep when you did this. I'm still at somewhat of a loss, I could've used the explanation. Oh well.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh. Then there better be summon chants for the Egyptian Gods. Even though no-one will summon them.

I promise I will summon one if I get one, even if I have to throw the goddamn match for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

As of right now it's full, but if someone has to drop, you'll be added in.

I can drop if Rigged Death Trap wants the place! I honestly lack a lot of practice and would probably lose immediatly, plus I don't know a lot of these new cards. I kind of joined entirely on a whim, if better people want the place I don't mind letting them have it.

Just be sure to show the matches somehow, I enjoy watching!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is YGOPro always this slow updating? I feel like I've had it updating for over half an hour. Getting really sick of its music and I don't think I can mute it without cancelling the download.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd just call Shun "kind of a dick", honestly. Gets the point across, everyone understands it, and it's not wrong (perhaps a bit of an understatement, but not wrong)

Also with the YGOPro update Fuzzy Lanius should be in so now Slur can build all that Raid Raptors deck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see cards that aren't monsters there. The man Gongenzaka would be very disappointed.

Also Slur, I asked in the stream but could you upload that Red-Eyes deck? I'd really like to make it myself.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

I completely forgot that Yaiba and Hokuto got carded. Shows how unceremoniously the writers decided to write them out. They haven't even been mentioned since that point. Now, I'm kind of wondering if they'll show Gongenzaka's reaction to realizing the dude who taught him to syncho summon got taken out.

Yaiba wasn't carded. He's in the hospital after getting severely beaten up by Kachidoki. Only Hokuto was carded because he was Xyz Scum.

Also that new ending is wonderful and the Lancers are wonderful. I'd watch a series about any of the things in that ending happening. I mean, I watched one of them already (because the motorbike one is very blatantly a 5D's reference, and not the good part of 5D's).

The opening...feels like they had no idea what they were doing. Was there any point in having the whole Moonlight Cat summon? So much Odd-Eyes Rebellion too. That said, it seems that Yuya and Yugo are clashing, and by the end Tsukikage seems to be protecting Reira from something. C'mon ninja dude, we were all surprised you survived, please don't die become a card now. And, of course, that last moment with JACK ATLAS. I'm so drat hyped.

This is the best time to be a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. They're making up so hard for Zexal.

Also, about the Draft, if it isn't too much trouble, can we go through how the drafts work one time before actually doing it? I'm an idiot who doesn't understand basic rules.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nyaa posted:

Game start on 9 at your time, which is 5 hours from now, but you should come in now or 1-2 hours early at #adtrwdraft, so we can build our deck asap.

Umm, how did I get there again? I don't think I've actually used that in my life.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I didn't expect to win at all. It was a super close match with RiggedDeath and it was a lot of fun even if it ended before it should have.

Senerio's matches were pretty funny, because in the first he curbstomped me, then in the second I curbstomped him, then in the third I started curbstomping then got curbstomped. It was like a total power shift over and over.

I haven't played with an actual person in years, this is super fun! I can't wait for the finals. Oh, and I'm completely up for adding commentary, so tell me if we're doing that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Welp, that did not go my way at all! But it was super fun anyways. And I got to do a badass, if pointless last stand at least. It would've been far more lame if I didn't draw a monster.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

For someone just getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh, you did well and I'm glad to have fought you.

Thank you. It was really fun to fight you too.

VJeff posted:

I'm the Jonouchi/Manjoume/Aki/Shark/Gongenzaka of the Yu-Gi-Oh! thread. I can accept this.

That makes you Crow, not Aki :v: Also Johan or Sho, Manjoume is the Kaiba!

Also I'm fourth so I have literally no idea what I am. Mai/Kenzan/Aki/the Tron siblings/Sawatari?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh poo poo that sounds fun as hell, count me in. Not entirely sure on what team, but I'm totally up for this. Definitely not Team Synchro though, I haven't used Synchro Summon at all outside of the 5D's games and I never got far on those.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gently caress it, I'm Fusion scum. I've never played a deck centered around one specific Extra Deck type (until now I've played Pendulum/Xyz and Fusion/Xyz) but I'm sure I can make it work through teamwork and the heart of the cards.

"Heart of the cards" means the heart of the people sealed in cards, right? Because Fusion has a lot of those.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The characters keep being the coolest part of Arc-V, I swear. Yuya's sheer rage and Reiji's cold-blooded logic and smugness make for a great match, and it's great that they're finally fighting. Yuya getting both Fusion Odd-Eyes and his logic vs Reiji's of how he got Fusion was a nice thing too.

Also the new ending is super catchy and I can't stop listening to it. The opening's grown on me but it doesn't compare.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't been able to even start building my deck due to university and getting accustomed to my current timeslots that are bizarre as hell, but I should start tomorrow hopefully. I've never built a deck around a single summon type, it should be fun! Even moreso with Fusion where I need certain Spells.

...Fusion Gate is still good, right?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh Egyptian God I'm so sorry, I was going to work on my deck today then I just kinda totally fell asleep and forgot entirely. I'll get working on it now, and add myself to the list.

...I guess I should look for references first though. But that should be easy enough!...not like I will complain if someone wants to give me a little help.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Quincytbb posted:

Id be willing to help, im out of my house right now but I should be back home around an hour from now if you want to duel or anything.

I have nothing built, little knowledge of the gigantic amount of cards in the game, have never played a deck based around a single Extra Deck type, and I have to go to sleep soon anyways because I have class early tomorrow. I don't think that'll be possible, but thanks anyways.

Most things I know about what I'm building is that anime HEROes are poo poo, manga HEROes are great, and Masked HEROes are basically the best thing ever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

paradoxGentleman posted:

You can't live your life in fear of trap cards, man. Sometimes you just gotta take the chance, attack with you whole menagerie of monsters and hope that all goes for the best. If your opponent had a set Mirror Force? That's life.

Amen.

Life rewards risks. Card games are merely a reflection of life.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Far less useful than Qli, I finally got my rear end in gear and made a HERO deck. It's still very much a WIP and I appreciate any kind of help because I have no idea what I'm doing other than shouting YUGO SHOKAN constantly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well the deck seems geared for maximum YUGO SHOKAN/GOKAI CHANGE.
So imagine half of the extra deck being part of the actual deck.

Add 3 Avians.

I was thinking more Kamen Rider Henshin than Gokai Change (since Masked Heroes are based on Kamen Riders, hell, their Summon method is literally called Transformation Summon/Henshin Shokan in the manga). And yeah, it's entirely reliant on fusing and Mask Changing as much as possible, though I'm seeing the limits of that pretty hard even against the AI.

Also wh...why?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beef Waifu posted:

Please remove all E-Heroes from the deck and replaced them with D-Heroes.

I will gladly do so if it means Shadolls will stop kicking my rear end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, testing the HERO deck I just ran into a glitch. My opponent Xyz Summoned Rhapsody in Berserk and activated its effect...now its stuck activating its effect over and over again without end. It doesn't even move from that to actually doing something, just the card flashing on screen over and over. It's really gone berserk.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll follow the Bubbleman suggestion, thanks!

Also drat, working on this has made me realize how painful the 15-card limit for the Extra Deck is. HERO wants all the Fusion cards it can get and 15 is horribly limiting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I did some improvements to the deck based on the critique of "not enough Bubbleman", not entirely sure if it is better now but I sure as hell hope so. Also I've started on the side deck but my god I have no idea what I'm meant to do with a side deck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

There's more than just those problems with the deck, but I can't come up with them right away.

I can definitely believe that. I keep fine-tuning them with the suggestions you guys give and somehow I'm losing more and more. This is definitely not going as well as I thought it would, maybe I'm just not heroic enough for this. Anyways, here's how it's currently looking, ignore the side deck entirely.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You gotta remember that Sawatari, Gongenzaka and Tsukikage are the only good guys in the team, every one else is a murderer or slightly psycho.

Sawatari nearly killed three children to steal cards from Yuya, and Tsukikage's a blank right now. In fact, the Lancers currently are...

-Their leader, a ruthless man who will gladly sacrifice teenagers to prove the enemy's strength, despite knowing fully well they will die and accomplish nothing, after lying to them and telling them that they do stand a chance
-A good guy with a berserk psycho side that can take over at any moment and has the power to create ever-more-powerful weapons that defy how the worlds work
-An ex-Academia soldier who wished her entire life to get into wars and is willing to defy orders to do so
-The very personification of manliness
-A murderer obsessed with revenge who will stop at nothing to get his sister back
-A hired mercenary who might only be in it for the money
-A rich jerkass who has put children in danger for self-centered and petty goals
-A spy from the faction the Lancers are fighting against
-A broken child who hardly shows any emotion and might be almost as powerful as his brother, the leader of the Lancers

Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

Yeah, sure, maybe they're all psychos and killers, BUT.

Just lookit those egaos. :unsmith:

I admit, those are some very nice egaos. If there was a wallpaper from those two images I'd use it (mostly because I'm bored of my current one, but also because just looking at them there makes me smile)

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't watch this show but the guy on the bottom right killed, at minimum, five people

Possibly. He is a mercenary for hire, who knows what he's done in his shady past.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

Last night was a treat, where I fought literally every deck in existence bar Ice Barriers. It was pretty darn fun.

Worm, Alien, Gradius...it really was a stream to behold.

I still say you should've kept playing, the next duel was surely Ice Barriers or Ally of Justice.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They were taking ideas from Buddyfight, which has like a million dragon types :v:

Also I just saw that episode and holy poo poo it was good. That Pendulum Summon at the end with Pendulum of the Soul in the background was a really strong scene, especially with the whole "Yuto's power" thing, even if it meant seeing that loving egao flashback again. Reiji's still an rear end but I see why he does it and it's clearly a worthwhile goal...dude's just very much end justifies the means, which I like! Also Yuya losing was neccesary for the plot, and I'm glad we have a rival that can actually be stronger than the hero, only Kaito and manga Manjoume got to be that and it's always cool.

Next episode, Yoko is great. But more than that I want to know what the reason is for Mieru not being a Lancer and how she'll take it. I'm guessing it'll be "you failed in the tournament and never used Pendulum so you're useless to me", but still...I would've liked a Ritual user!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Things we've learned: Zefras are terrible, we'll go into anime catchphrases spam for the slightest of reasons, no one reads the drat cards, and Pot of Greed allows you to draw two cards from your deck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

These streams have become more popular than the ones I post in stream thread for gaming.

Believe in the heart of the stream.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This really was the best ending to that stream.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's very much Yuya Magician support, huh. I guess the point is to use him as a Creation/Destruction searcher, or to temporarily negate Astromancy/Chronomancy's "if the other Pendulum Scale isn't Magician or Odd-Eyes, this card's Scale becomes 4".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Holy poo poo that Sphere Mode. They finally fixed Ra! They really did it! And I seriously want to see how real-life Stardust Sifr will be, maybe...

"1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can treat "Stardust Spark Dragon" as a Tuner monster. You can only activate one effect of Divine Spark Dragon Stardust Sifr per turn, and only once per turn. (1) You can negate an instance of destruction. When you do, you can destroy an equal number of cards. (2) If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish it, then summon a Synchro monster with "Stardust" in its name from your Graveyard, except "Divine Spark Dragon Stardust Sifr", ignoring its summoning conditions."

Hope Zexal should also be interesting, since in the manga it required Shining Numbers which it is unlikely to require in reality. It's another Rank 0, so I'm guessing...

"3 "Number C" or "Number S" Xyz Monsters with the same Rank
(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Special Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. This card's ATK is equal to the total Ranks of all monsters used as Xyz Material for its Summon x 500."

...if they're sticking to the manga. They might go with something completely different.

Also poo poo, is the tournament today? My Fusion HERO deck is still absolute poo poo. I can play but I'd really, really like someone to help me fine-tune this, I seriously doubt I'll manage much when I can't even beat the AI consistently.

TFRazorsaw posted:

But characters and events from previous shows appear or are referenced in 5D's and GX.

Isn't "Bonds Beyond Time" canon? They all meet each other.

Correct. Bonds Beyond Time is canon, as it is referenced in 5D's. The first three series happen in the same universe. Zexal seems to happen in its own separate 'verse, and Arc-V happens in four different dimensions that may or may not be connected to previous series. Jack and Crow will hopefully clear this up...hopefully...

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 16, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

VJeff posted:

If the rest of Arc-V's writing is any indication then the likeness will be a ton better than the original anyway.

Better than the original Jack? No way. You don't get better than the King.

That said this one is also the King, so he should be just as awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So how'd they beat it?

Quoting YGOwiki...

"Yuma and Nash use the combined effects of "Utopia Rising", "Number 100: Numeron Dragon", and "Number 73: Abyss Splash" to boost "Number 39: Utopia" up to 102,000 ATK and attack this monster, but Don Thousand activates this card's effect to negate the attack and increase his Life Points from 900 to 102,900. Yuma then activates "Double or Nothing", doubling the ATK of "Utopia" to 204,000 and allowing it to attack again. "Utopia" then attacks and destroys this card, dropping Don Thousand's Life Points to 0 and winning Yuma and Nash the Duel."

So as every duel in Zexal, Hope + Double Up Chance.