Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Feels good man, feels good. I'm going to stay up late and eat a victory pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mughe posted:

I woke up this morning still riding the high that comes with winning the national championship. B1g football. Holy poo poo. I can't wait until next year and the QB controversy (or having 2 QBs leaving) that comes with it.

OSU fans are about to become smug as gently caress.

Cardale Jones should bolt for the NFL and be a backup somewhere for a few years. Hes probably not ready but might as well strike while the iron is hot. This years QB class is so weak I wouldn't be shocked for him to be the 4th or 5th QB taken.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bigass Moth posted:

I realize that and it's a huge part of why I find it funny. Osu had no business being there so it's hilarious they won and get to sop up the sec tears.

Even the BCS rankings had Ohio State at 4. So yes they had every business being in it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
One of ESPNs anchors just asked Kiper if Elliot should sit out next year since he can't enter the draft yet...What? Also all of the analyst are riding the Cardale hype train saying a good second round pick.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

CubsWoo posted:

If I were Jones I'd declare. There's no guarantee he's the starter next year considering Miller and Barrett will be healed up. If you declare you get a team to take a flyer on you in the 2nd-4th round (maybe higher since the position is so shallow this year,) draw a salary while holding a clipboard for the next few years while being able to cash in on every Ohio endorsement in existence and at worst be a washout/perennial NFL backup that keeps cashing checks. Considering his youth/inexperience he would probably be on the Rodgers plan with at least three years of waiting before he would have any expectations from a team standpoint.

If he stays and starts he would be a guaranteed top 5 pick if he comes close to the success Ohio State had this year, but that's a lot of ifs.

I think if you get a team with an aging QB where he can sit for a few years behind a guy like say Drew Brees and get paired with a good QB coach why wouldn't you take a flyer on him.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Its not surprising that you guys are convinced that TCU would beat Ohio State since you were also convinced they would get destroyed by Alabama and Oregon.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

We've gotta be right sometime.

Except you cant be right on this because they wont play and Ohio State beat the top two teams to win the National Championship.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Right sorry I didn't check the schedule.

Virginia Tech will be the next team to destroy Ohio State.

Apology accepted.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio Stare going to have the top 2 QB in the Big Ten next year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Lots of really upset NFL guys calling Cardale selfish:http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-are...dium=socialflow

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I didn't even know there was a Gumbys Pizza until this thread mentioned it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Lots of sports are cool sorry that you guys need stuff to hate.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dattserberg posted:

That's why I thought all of the Braxon --> FSU rumors made no sense. Jimbo's offense and Braxton seem to be pretty clearly at odds.

Also, you don't have to be an old racist like Det to dislike the NBA. Even a hip young cat such as myself thinks that league blows. You would all be wise to spend your early summer nights watching the NHL playoffs. That is literally the only time I miss having cable.

If you think the NHL is better then the NBA you are loving dead to me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I finally got around to watching the Frontline episode dealing with football and concussions and I got to say it was really interesting and eye opening. I always knew helmet to helmet contact was something that was a concern but it really made me realize that contact to the helmet of any kind is a big deal especially on the contact you see that's normal every play. Don't want to sound too dramatic but seeing a guys head get jarred in anyway really stands out now.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Trampolines are horrible, I watched a friend snap his ankle in half when I was about 10.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Bling Bling

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith/status/581461451467952129

https://twitter.com/JHeuerman86/status/581460238261325824/photo/1

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
gently caress Michigan and their lovely old white fanbase. Blast that Sandstorm 24/7 or get the gently caress out. Also your band is dumb and no one with a pulse that's not being kept alive by a loving pacemaker gives a poo poo what music the stupid nerds are playing.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mahasamatman posted:

I wish they would play only george clinton and get rid of the band

Someone encase this poo poo in stone, you are a cool Michigan fan.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife had no rooting interest for any school when I met her and her family was Michigan fans. She's now a diehard Ohio State fan with me and her family seriously can't understand why.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Jamal Dean an early enrollee at Ohio State this year was not medically cleared to play and has left the team and will try to get medically cleared somewhere else. It all steams from a knee injury he suffered two years ago and reinjured at an all star game after last year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Orange and Purple rule. How boring are your lives that you want standard boring rear end colors for jerseys. Give me Yellow and Purple with a hint of orange and put a loving siren on each shoulder.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm shocked that a bunch of old people think a stupid rule from the 60's that we got rid of should come back.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Unfortunately, not even Jesus himself on the OSU roster could soothe the general public's dislike of the Buckeyes.

gently caress Ohio State.

Kiss the ring bitch.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LeeMajors posted:

If Ohio was awesome, you assholes would stop infecting the rest of the country.

Keep your rings--I never have to tell anyone 'I'm from Ohio.'

I don't live there and don't care about the state.

Also it was a joke on a comedy forum. I forgot about your weird obsession with posting about your hated of people who want to live in your lovely state.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LeeMajors posted:

TFF: Hyperbole Unwelcome.

God drat you

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Manoueverable posted:

Is there ever a time where gently caress Notre Dame isn't in effect? :raise:

When they don't consent.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I agree with that article. Jones should be the front runner since he's gotten all the work so far in the offseason and I've been saying Braxton needs to learn a new position especially if he wants a career in the NFL.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Having to choose from 3 QBs is a rough life :smug:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Alouicious posted:

until all three options are garbage, then it's worse than hell

Is that what it's like to be Florida fan recently?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thermos H Christ posted:

That's too bad. She always has a great time when we go.

The offseason is a lonely and desolate wasteland.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I have a friend who is a Hokies fan that actually think the Virginia/Virginia Tech rivalry is among the biggest in the country. I told him how cute he sounds.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Our national nightmare is over.

ESPN has removed both Lou Holtz AND Mark May from College Football Final and will now be going with Adnan Virk, Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway.

Anyone is an improvement over Mark May. Thank you ESPN for having mercy on us all.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State won't be starting a freshman QB nor a inexperienced OLine this year. Foster is going to have to come up with a way better game plan this year then he did last. Not saying it can't be done because he is great at what he does but I'll be shocked if they can replicate their performance from last year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

OSU fans have some serious mojo working for that game, I kinda love it.

That gameplan didn't work because your offense was inexperienced, it worked because Urban Meyer hadn't seen it in 20 years. Bud did that TV trope equivalent of finding an obscure law from 1825 to save the teen center from the evil oil magnate.

The only reason it might not have worked later in the season is because VT was crippled with injuries. A healthy VT could have played OSU in late October and seen as much success with that gameplan.

You guys got beat because Foster outwitted Meyer not because your team wasn't ready to face a defense like that. People spent the next like 4-6 weeks trying to scheme the same way against OSU and you guys chewed them up.

And I'm fairly confident OSU wins this game but I honestly don't care because the best you can do at this point is split the series which is all sorts of :laffo: considering where VT is as a program right now.

Other teams failed because we changed our game plan when we saw that defense later on. Sorry that's it's a fact that our offensive line was bad at the beginning of the year. They struggled for 3 quarters against Navy. I said that Foster had a great game plan that exploited our inexperience but he will have to come up with something better because Ohio State won't be this time.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I've agreed with just about everything you said I don't know why your being such a dick about it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

The point was you changed your game plan because you'd seen the D. If VT didn't debut it you never would have seen it the whole year and you would have been as prepared for it in November as you were in September, which is to say not at all.

OSU fans either seem to ignore what VT was last year or hype them up a bit to take the sting out of that loss but your QB and your OL, which magically seemed to work fine every other week of the season, wasn't the reason you lost that game, which is my point.

Sorry but you are wrong about our offensive line, it did not play well the first part of the season and the game plan that Foster came up with exploited that. I dont know why you are having such a hard time connecting the two. It's well documented that our OLine at the end of the year was one of the most improved units because of how bad they were early on.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Nur_Neerg posted:

It also helped quite a bit that we were able to sit in man coverage foreeeeever.

That allowed you to bring pressure just about every play which just killed our OLine. If you go back and watch that game our interior linemen looked utterly confused on who to block. I have much respect for Foster for what he did in that game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

Rushing ypc totals of less than 5 last year for OSU:

Navy(4.8)
VT(2.7)
PSU(3.8)
Oregon(4.9)

JT Barrett's QBR. Hmm, I'm struggling to find the inexperience in him.

I don't even want to do the sack and hurry numbers but I guarantee you there's a big heaping spike at the VT game and comparative nothingness surrounding it.

You got outsmarted and outplayed from the start, your oh so inexperienced offense showed little trouble pushing around nearly anyone else during the year and the troubles you had with PSU on a completely different D show that a healthy VT would have had success with their gameplan if they played OSU later in the season.

OSU lost because nobody saw that defense coming. For no other reason did that game play out the way it did. You guys were preseason top 5 last year let's not act like playing how you did in virtually anything but the VT game was something other than how it should have been(Cardale Jones aside, a healthy Barrett could still have won you the title).

I won't be fooled by your stats against lovely Big Ten teams.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Make the Cougs the officially team of TFF this year. We are now all fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
At least the Harris Poll isnt Pigly Wigly.

• Locked thread