Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cyron posted:

the one show that will look silly in 20 years is glee. it won't be baywatch crazy but something like a show in the 70's center aound musical numbers like make'n it.

It looks silly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Still surprised there was anyone who didn't peg Wiggle as #1 as soon as they heard it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zedd posted:

Are Todd's video's longer than last years or is he splitting up his top 10 list this year because of add revenue?

He explicitly said on twitter it was for Ad Revenue.

Reading their twitter stuff, the BroTeamPill guy comes off as a tool, even if he does have a point. Joe was apparently away from his computer, but he shouldn't have just grabbed a random image off the internet either.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okay so I thought it was like 1 hour between him sending the email and filing the claim, but apparently it was like 5, so less of a tool than it looked, but yeah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Wrageowrapper posted:

I don't know anything about games because I'm horrible but I thought Other M was the American version and people were upset because those filthy gaijin ruined a good series. Or have I mistaken that for Silent Hill/Resident Evil? Or all of the above? Anyway Sucker Punch is still a godawful movie.

Other M was the Japanese version for Japanese people (didn't even sell well there). The lauded Metroid Prime was the American version.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Apparently the wooden voice was a directive from Sakamoto (as was the only-wii remote controls).

Sakamoto was the creator of Metroid. He wasn't just some schlub that Nintendo put on.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

This was a fun watch! I actually vaguely remember a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie being shown at my cousin's house when I was a kid (she was all excited about it, and I was visiting for her birthday I want to say). I don't remember making it through 20 minutes before I wasn't paying attention anymore, and I was like 7 at the time.

Tired Moritz posted:

Goon favourite Kyle made a new video.

I'd like to point out how great it was that, after this treatise, Orson Welles took a role as a villain in a children's cartoon designed to sell toys. These are always great to watch, and always make me think.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Meanwhile if you don't give it to him, he mugs some random other guy and Kreia yells at you anyway.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jay O posted:

EVERYTHING IN THIS VIDEO IS A WHOLE DECADE OLD, ACCEPT IT. :negative:

You mentioning Beck in that video, by a weird association (partially through one of your old videos) had me listening to Pikachu's Goodbye again. Did you know that Andrew Rannells was James in Pokemon Live? (yes, this post was just an excuse to post that factoid)

I watched Elfen Lied on recommendation from a friend. I no longer took his recommendations, which was partly why it took me a few years to watch so many anime I now call favorites because the guy who thought I'd like Elfen Lied recommended it.

My general recommendation for people who don't watch is FMA or Ouran, depending on what they're looking for. Two of my favorites, and definitely the two of my favorites that don't rely on other people seeing other shows/trends.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 2, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Leal posted:

Does TGWTG have a food critic?

Nah, they don't follow the PER system.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Personally, Cute High was my More Better Anime of the Season.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was a read. I believe the expression is "Never meet your heroes, kids."

On an unrelated note, Miss Wallace, were you the one behind the existence of Dancing Ninja, because I saw it this morning and was pretty sure I was still dreaming after marathonning your stuff or something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Miss Wallace posted:

The movie's great, and it's even greater reading about its troubled production history. I really need to do a Movie Nights on it. Best part is when Hasselhoff for no reason starts singing Hooked on a Feeling in the middle of an interview.

Please do. It was the right level of awful and hilariously bad that I need to see a Movie Nights on it. (Also I want to know about the production stuff)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You know, despite everything, I can see that. Lucas Grabeel is no Chris Farley, but I can tell they were doing the same thing there.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

KayTee posted:

Does anyone know anything about the 'Empowered' comic? I remember bumping into it briefly before and writing it off as some creepy dude's excuse to indulge his latex/exhibitionism kink (much like El Goonish Shive does w/transformation). Right now I'm at work and I'm afraid to google it.

It began as a bunch of fetish commissions that the author got, and his reaction to them. He takes a joke character designed for bondage and thought about how such a character would actually exist. Or something like that.

It's not a great comic, but I enjoy it for what it is.

The early volumes are 100% cheesecake, but around volume 4 he starts experimenting with longer, more persistent characters. Around the time Mindf__k is introduced.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 14, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Okay am I the only one who is honestly getting tired of this joke?

Nah. Just easier to ignore the posts though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

KKall posted:

It might just be crashing right about now. I can only play my own videos through the Chez Apocalypse site. I can't play it on the blip player at all.

Yeah, I can't play blip episodes from the site, but it works off Polsy/other embedded sites just fine. I thought it was just me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

nine-gear crow posted:

What I wonder is though, who would play Dash in a hypothetical Shadows movie or standalone film? Mid 90's Kurt Russell was the perfect choice, as seen in the portrait above, but we're 20 years out from that now.

Stephen Amell.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There was a neat episode of SVU where Olivia spent a few hours with a dying man, who confesses to a life of crime to get an innocent man out of prison. One of the actually good episodes to me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked Kallen in season 1. It's a shame what happened to her in Season 2. Though, she did have an impressive showing in the finale.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Puppy Time posted:

Ego Raptor called it a game for girls (and therefore inferior). IDK if Jontron also dissed it.

He's just mad that he can't tell history as well as Tetris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xoidanor posted:

Do I even want to know why Germany auto-blocks that video?

It's the complete history of the Soviet Union set to the melody of Tetris.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

If you like someone's work [...], never follow them on twitter. It never turns out well.

Generally more sound advice, honestly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite review podcast is Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. They follow a standard outline for each episode, the PER System.
Pick a snack
Eat a snack
Rate a snack.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This is pretty great. Kudos, Kyle.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Seriously? You guys are ignoring the REAL best Star Trek movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4n-CiwIZcY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Congrats. One question, though: is it Jake or Jacob?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

lornekates posted:

If only.

"Jacob? OMG, I love Twilight too!"

Man, why didn't you post that 35 minutes ago.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This is quite an amusing video.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Infamous Sphere posted:

If you'd like to know MY opinion on why I wasn't sold on it, I reviewed it!

You know what film this review reminded me of, entirely arbitrarily?

There was a Made-for-TV movie about Gay Marriage called Wedding Wars I saw when it came out in 2006. It was funny, but I don't intend to rewatch it to find out if it holds up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about Abraham Lincoln?

He was a professional wrestler. What do you think?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
For being a game sold based on its gore, Mortal Kombat X's story mode was a lot of fun. I really liked a lot of the new characters, too!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My main is Cassie because I enjoy punching people in the dick so hard their head flies off. It helps that Johnny was my favorite character in the story of the earlier games, and I'm glad his daughter is as fun as him.

Also her second fatality is the best fatality in the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MrSlam posted:

I want to create a web-series called God's Not Bread, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the actual content of the show would be. And I'm not really set up for a baking show.

Spinoff of the greatest podcast ever, following the PER system
Pick a Bread
Eat a Bread
Rate a Bread

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Speed Racer is probably my favorite Wachowski film, though that's partially due to me watching The Matrix years later, once the tricks that it used were a lot less impressive.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The big thing I like about Linkara, at least, is that (last time I watched) most of the time (unless it's one of them big plotline ending reviews or whatever) he finishes the review before doing the skits.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I picked up the audiobook for Verily, A New Hope, and I highly recommend it, because they did all the stuff they do for regular Star Wars audiobooks, having the voice modulation for the characters who need it and the sound effects and whatnot. It's practically an audio play!

Thanks for the rec, KKall!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I caught Uncle Yo at Genericon this year and he was funny. Didn't see any puppets or MLP slash fiction so :shrug:
Don't go to an 18+ panel I guess?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FirstAidKite posted:

I am not doubting that you enjoyed him but I'd like to see a clip of something you enjoyed because all of the clips I've seen of him have ranged from just boring to real bad

Idk. Maybe we have a different sense of humor. I don't have a bunch of clips offhand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I am totally surprised that Warcraft is bad. :geno:

I'd still watch it before watching that video again.

• Locked thread