Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
CUCUMBER QUEST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I don't read comics other than Cucumber Quest and More than Meets the Eye, you don't have to worry about me going all BSS.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Vicas posted:

My post was actually made independent of yours, but really, just more evidence that CQ is great

Great minds think alike, Vicas.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I read a ways into Paranatural but couldn't keep up momentum reading it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

actual woman-beater Chris Brown

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kunster posted:

Hence why I asked. There could have been a mailbag or a comment thread response where they go "Yeah we looked better into why folk objected to that org and we can see why. We apologize if we came across as being supportive of such" or whatever that I missed.

You could ask in the RGD F Plus thread, a number of the Ridiculists post there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Senerio posted:

Apparently the wooden voice was a directive from Sakamoto (as was the only-wii remote controls).

Sakamoto was the creator of Metroid. He wasn't just some schlub that Nintendo put on.

No, Gunpei Yokoi was the creator of Metroid.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

edit: ugh I can't watch that tax video until I get home.

Sup Plinkett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irP1oOHc1wQ

...people find this shtick funny?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rebochan posted:

It's more that Plinkett holds these high minded analytical opinions about Star Wars but he's literally the worst human being ever.

but then people parrot those star wars opinions unironically as High Criticism so I don't think most of the fans Get The Joke.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the trouble with plinkett is the same trouble as all satire:

you have to be exceptionally good at parody, tone, acting, and raw writing talent to make that kind of parody "work" for everyone. Stephen Colbert is that good; the RLM guys are not.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RLM isn't lacking in general talent or quality, far from it. But it takes a very specific, well-honed Knack for that sort of thing. I don't have it and they don't have it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What's the goon consensus on why rape in movies is OK (Clockwork Orange) but never ever ever in a game?

some movies are made by people who aren't completely inept at storytelling. this is not true of video games

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jimbot posted:

On the subject of wrestling I really liked that Max Landis documentary-like thing on the subject: video

I mean, I was an Attitude person. I kind of fell off watching it around 2003-2004, so most of what he is talking about I remember. But man, wrestling back then was weird and dumb. And it sounds like instead of having a shitload of these superstars they kind of put all their effort behind John Cena. I kind of entertained the thought of getting the WWE network and watching the Attitude stuff I grew up on to see how bad the bad stuff was and to see why I fondly remember The Rock and Steve Austin (and his feud with Vince) and Mankind becoming Dude Love and doing a flying elbow drop off the top of the cage on to HHH, and to see if it holds up.

I've never in my life watched a Wrestle, but god drat, I could listen to Max Landis talk about anything

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I know Linkara writes off some of his expenses.

The main issue with the taxes, from my understanding, is that it isn't considered freelance work, but as self-employment, and self-employed people pay ridiculous amounts into I wanna say Medicare? Or Social Security or something. They have to pay like double their usual tax-bracket.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, that's why it was genius to use it for that prologue scene in Iron Man 3. You instantly thought of that time period.

Windows XP being used to set something in The Past is so strange to me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the best animes are cowboy bebop, paranoia agent, and g gundam

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hey KKall your marvel video was good.

that's all

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DStecks posted:

Guys holy poo poo Todd unmasks in his new Netflix series. Not sure why it's about beating up criminals instead of reviewing pop music but it is p fuckin sick.

he got mad on twitter about this :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I can take pride in having come to that realization independently!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You seriously quitting?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

why did this forum tolerate a known incest-pedo for so long, especially one as insufferable and incessant as WickedHate?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

The dim hope of developing self-awareness and tact? :frog:

:smith:

FirstAidKite posted:

You ever been stuck in a perkins while a girl and her fiance try explaining to you why the incest in sword art online is okay

I have

It aint pretty

my goondolances

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

welp it was fun while it lasted; she's back

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

please do not engage WickedHate

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's a food chain thing more than direct, but yea. You're giving a fair amount of revenue to Funimation and the like and in return they're able to produce more for their Japanese Masters and then of course they benefit from that too. So yea, in the same way that eating at a 'farm to table' place supports local farmers (to give 'watching One Piece in my underwear' some loving noble connotation)

please use the word "underpants" instead of "underwear"

it's funnier

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Mine was apparently called "End of the Road"

that's not a good omen

(by Boyz II Men)

sup boyz II men brother :smith::respek::smith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Boys II Men rule though, this isn't a bad thing.

oh poo poo i had them mixed up with someone else

g'doy this owns actually.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Bring in the dancing lobsters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

why does she need to go into detail with Bruce about something so very, very painful when in any other situation it would probably trigger a panic attack?

Many people are capable of expressing their feelings and exploring traumatic past experiences without Literally Shaking, numbnuts - especially with people they trust. And Nat is definitely one such person.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Seriously, Benny, do you have any actual real-life experiences with even REMOTELY intimate or genuine human interaction?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

quakster posted:

Alfred J. Kwak > Kommissar Rex > Age of Ultron > anime incest, imo.

QTIYD.

When I first read this post, I thought it was a flowchart, and considering The Ultimates, it almost made sense. :smith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

It's not like those people would have ever said anything interesting anyway.

yeah but they might have stayed quiet and let the grown-ups talk in peace, but instead they won't shut up about their Tropes

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ahahahahahahahah

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Can't we all just

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

get BEYOND

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Leal posted:

Can't we just get beyond thunderdome

gently caress YOU

EAT poo poo AND DIE

gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PAGING SATANS BEST BUDDY

jesus dude, chill

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

What, is it 911 or 666 or some poo poo?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

:stoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That reminds me of Heebie-GBS vs Infratael.

• Locked thread