Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The videos where Dan(?) talks about animation and such are really good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Remember when everyone assumed the best about jontron, or that time about lordkat, or even just the Walker brothers?

This thread is very cynical when it comes to red flags because every time someone is given the benefit of the doubt they turn out to not have deserved it.

Do I think that the fantaman is a nazi? No I genuinely don't, but he associates with and panders to actual white supremacists and that's not something I'm comfortable with.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Thanks thew

thew

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Don't forget that Bethesda tied a bonus to getting a high metascore rating which it failed to achieve because of the bugs which almost ended up with Obsidian going bankrupt

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The active ability for pistols in Alpha Protocol is absurdly broken. I agree that it’s a fantastic game though, Stephen Heck is one of my all-time favorite game characters.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah, LIS’s dialogue is pretty drat accurate and everyone who complained that no teenagers talked like that were like in their 30s.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Nobody said they never talked like that, it was more that LiS kept pulling out really weirdly dated phrases.

Yeah, because those weirdly dated phrases were (and some still are) popular again.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I really liked LiS story but the dialogue felt really strange to me, why did Chloe keep saying “tane”, and why did she keep talking about long faces and broken holes?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Takoluka posted:

I believe Nintendo owes you, the gamer, their games for free. And that's why, tonight, right here on this stage *crowd goes wild* I'm announcing the Jim Sterling ROMland EMUporium, featuring Edgy the Emu *emu mascot runs on stage* and Rommel the Ram *ram mascot runs on stage*. We've got Every! Single! Game! *tosses carts into the crowd and runs in circles* And all of it can be monetized! Oh my god!? *cat in Santa outfit with shreds of paper marked "DMCA" is lowered from above stage* It's Fair Use Claus! The holidays came early! Get ready for those $5 Steam sales, because games shouldn't cost more than that! *fireworks, followed by small cannons launching hats into the crowd* And for everyone here tonight, we're giving out our official Jim Sterling Tonight "Internet Nintendo Emulation Star" hats, because, much like the ROMs we're giving out, you deserve an iNES on your header. *mascots are running all over the stage as confetti drops from the ceiling* That's our show for this week. We'll be back when Zelda gets a good game again. Good night, everybody!

yikes

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

Actually...

Did I go too far with this?

:captainpop:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

He makes a really compelling point about the quality of the DLC of Alan Wake but I still think the ending of the main game is perfect the way it is.

Also as much of a mess American Nightmare is Club Foot is a banger and I will fight anyone over it :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I second checking out the PYF SCP thread, it’s a good aggregate of the best (and worst) stuff

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Cuphead reminds me a lot of dark souls

and by that I mean that it’s a game that has such an obnoxious and circlejerk-y fanbase that I will not touch it with a ten foot pole.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Who or what is shaun? I do not know every youtuber on a first name basis and I don't think typing "shaun" into youtube will get me anything but that one hilarious heavy rain video. Because I've watched that a lot.

the youtube channel is literally just called “shaun”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

KayTee posted:

I have been seeing this word more frequently as of late. It has about it the strange air of a meme I have not yet caught on to...

It’s related to vaporwave culture so it’s a like 6 or 7 years old meme at this point

• Locked thread