Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
yeah this will be a waste of :20bux: but there is potentially some words written about mean things we do so meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Reason posted:

This game is so loving late to the zombie party and the footage I've seen puts it on par with that DayZ clone made by the dude that made that semi-truck game that had to have its name changed.

well the good news is the full game will be f2p so you won't have to spend to find out it blows

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Croccers posted:

The engine has be to better than the VBS2/whatever the poo poo the new engine DayZ uses right? Planetside 2 runs nicely for the amount of things it has to support.

I hope we can get a Lancer in this.

lancer for best videogame weapon 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

do you have to play this through steam? ps2 was already a bit of a mess w/o it and I'm not too keen on steam for mmo-ish stuff

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Can somebody clue me in on the "does this game have fishing" thing?

archeage had fishing in it that was important to some spergy internet money making thing. it caused a lot of goons to be really angry when other goons started killing fishermans and a lot of drama happened.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Givin posted:

Thanks to all you dumb fucks for buying an even shittier DayZ making all SOE services piss over and die. I can't even log in to Real Game Everquest because of this piece of poo poo.

you are bad, stop posting

Kimsemus posted:

This post is easily worth the $20 I spent.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Givin posted:

Does this mean I'm blacklisted from playing with GOONS? Well gently caress.

no it just means your an idiot

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

hey so which faction do you play? horde? seem like a horde guy to me.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tide posted:

So the air drops are basically slot machines? Might get something good, might not get crap? They did this with swg back in the day with the TCG if I remember right

I gotta admit, watching reddit and meganerds elsewhere freak out about the p2w thing is hilarious.
reading all the usual circlejerk about bait-n-switch and 'ianal but (shitiknownothingabout.txt)' is pretty hilarious

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tide posted:

See, that's kind of Smed's out: they aren't selling weapons, they are selling the chance to get one. His "if you find like it, don't buy it" is hilarious to me because isn't the game going to be f2p after EA?

Is EA going to be up for a while? I would assume so, since they all probably take EA money right up to the day the game officially goes live

yes, the game is going to be f2p with those airdrop tickets for FFA style loot fests and crates/keys for cosmetics. i dont really understand the problem with the model.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

I really hate when people enjoy bad games

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Just tryin to help fellow goons out who might make the same poor decisions you have made. If this thread is full of butterflies and honey other people might also throw money at this turd.

Lol there is a channel for the game in the mumble, but its empty, because I guess everyone realizes its poo poo. HTH

But serious question: What do you think seperates this game from the others?

OK maybe this game owns.

i dont encourage anyone to spend money on this bad game. but if you do, be sure to group with goons and gank people out of their p2w airdrops.

knife, id understand your personal jihad against the game if we were spending thousands on something that won't exist for another two years, but really. it's (barely) playable and it's fun killing other nerds. why do you hate other people having fun?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

So I was running with two pubbies and chalked up 3 kills of people who think they're going to take on 3 lumberjacks with their little sticks and bows, finally we come across some ammo for a gun one of the guys had, and shortly after came across some guy and his friend who obviously called in an airdrop. Thinking he was some godlike player, he started telling us to drop our poo poo before shooting at the ground near us, so the guy in our little group with the gun shot and killed him pretty much immediately, and then his friend sprinted away. So we got an extra 1911, some ammo for it, an empty AR15, and a combat knife out of it. Then we all slowly starved to death as every berry bush in the server was glitched and not allowing us to pick them, and as we all know blackberries are the only current source of sustenance in game.

sounds like the airdrop dude got the last laugh :smug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

on one hand, i can see smed lieing about number of refund requests. on the other, its likely just reddit's vocal minority pitching a fit and making GBS threads it's collective diaper so vOv

i dont really gaf if loads of people get refunded though cause the game is fun when it works.

e:i didnt play warz or dayz so idk how those threads went. are we on the same course itt?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

I have no desire to play this game. But... who would be a good streamer to watch while I figgure how hosed this game is?

if you go into steam's broadcast beta thing, you can watch people broadcast them being poo poo at the game. if you must watch twitch, idk man. find one that doesn't have an annoying voice?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

Ive played 3 sony mmos, everquest planetside and planetside 2 and they were all cool

im sure someone will be along shortly to tell you why you didnt have fun :jerkbag:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

So there are about 10'ish or more goons setup on requiem, and it's a lot of fun running into town from :gooncamp: with empty packs and running home with pubbie loot. I have to start shadowplaying this crap and making clips for you guys. People say/do the funniest stuff when confronted by 4-8 well armed goons.

Get in mumble and roll with us, nerds.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

always be closing posted:

how does the heading stat work in the location description?

you type /loc and look up the xyz of where you are. for some reason, in this game y is height. try to make your x and z closer to the x and z of where you want to be. congrats, you are navigating.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Well the people being upset about the p2w gun / air drop thing is funny, the image that reddit produced showed SOE.jpg of saying one thing and doing another.

seems like every game with a cash shop gets accused of p2w no matter how true or untrue it is. everyone needs an excuse for their losses.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

jetz0r posted:

SoE is like an abusive spouse.

"THIS game/patch, it'll be different. I PROMISE. I've learned from what I did wrong last time, I'll listen to you and everything will be perfect."

Then you get kicked down the stairs, again.

If you like the game and know that soe is going to lie to you, not put enough resources into the game, always have a lovely cash shop and a dumb marketing dept, then cool. But it's never going to live up to your hopes or their hype.

all SOE games are this. DO NOT BUY unless you understand this, tia

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

kimsemus scouted out a for real base somewhere near Pleasant Valley and Blazing Zero and I came to help

We eventually creep through the woods and bushes remaining out of sight of the base and meet up with Kimsemus as it begins to rain. We creep up on the base with Kimsemus and I below the base. Blazing Zero is noticed by pure luck by the guy guarding the base and begins firing at him. Kimsemus and I come up behind him, gently caress him up, and we all loot him and all his chests after breaking down his door. He had first aid kits, car parts, all sorts of good poo poo.

Then we met up with about 20 other goons in pitch black, found some more shacks, goons swarmed them and destroyed the doors and we stole even more poo poo

game owns

its bad and it has bad mechanics and it also unironically owns

i recorded all of this and am making two videos to upload to yt as i type this.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

I went looking for some of their PS2 snafus but I didn't want to put that much effort into it right now. Maybe tomorrow.

One of the first ones was the issues with camouflage. They wanted it to be cosmetic only, give no bonus, and not be confusing to a player what faction someone was on. This pretty much didn't happen except for the cosmetic only ones. There were plenty of ways to pretty much hide what faction colors you had on by camo.

From the first game and some basic game design, you don't want teams or classes to be hard to identify. Normally the outline shape and color of clothing should be used to do this. An example of good design is TF2 where it is pretty easy to tell who is who and what is what. In PS2 they promised that then threw it out the window.

There were other issues like things from Planetside 1 not carried over to Planetside 2, a few being map designed for vehicles, air gods, sky guards, drivers / gunners in tanks, faction specific light vehicles, and some other poo poo. But it normally boils down to they have a plan and stick to it but their PR guy, Smedley, or who ever is speaking to the consumers end up promising everything including poo poo not in the plans. Then they apologize and move on since people will still give them money.

somehow, planetside 2 is still fun despite these things. so far, h1 is following down the exact same path. still buggy and over hyped, still fun to be had.

always be closing posted:

Stop posting in this thread, tia.
eh, if he wants to be really angry about smed and soe, it's fine with me. he can play with me on launch if he wants, it'll be free then. :shobon:

:siren: two videos of goons doing things :siren:
http://youtu.be/NLIYWo_p1CM
http://youtu.be/Op6nAwvDmu8

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 18, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

oh boy, adventures! and yes, this game is bad, over

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kizurue posted:

This is two game threads in a row I've seen you just come in and say how bad they are. If DayZ is your bread and butter I can find the link for you.

And for content:
How exactly do you get metal from broken vehicles with a crowbar, tried beating them but nothing seems to happen.

it's rng. sometimes you will hit a broke down thing and get 4 in a row. sometimes nothing for five hits.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kizurue posted:

Now does it have to be a vehicle that can be fixed or do the stationary broken ones work?

any of the stationary broken cars/trucks will work. those fifth wheels with working doors do not.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

I wish more people would scout for bases.

Opti, Kiri, myself and one other went out and used Kiri as bait, found one big base, and killed 20-30 pubbies. That to me is the most fun this game can be, just wandering ruining pubbies.

i wanted to go on that but i had recently bugged out, died and had no gear. :( ill come next time you guys roll though.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kirs posted:

Is there any option to securely save property/equipment while you are offline?

if metal doors worked, probably that but atm, anyone can axe open a door and get at buildings. logging out a character with items on said character is probably the safest storage ever.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

SBJ posted:

Is this better than DayZ? Because I would enjoy a DayZ game that is less terrible. Even if it's still terrible.

gently caress the hate, the game is awesome and can only get better as they fix broken poo poo. im not going to apologize for having 20+ hours of hilarious fun yelling at pubbies to stop in the name of the law and subsequently yelling at their corpses to stop resisting arrest.

defending our lovely trailer park is also fun and i cant wait for the pubbies to organize a mass attack. :getin:

last 40 seconds of that -
maniak: i got this
me, post jeep explosion: mmm hmmm

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 19, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

like Blazing Zero seems to be the chief of the Pleasant Valley PD, we have opti the driver with a heart of gold and a foot of lead, we run in the middle of the night across the map in the rain to a base with three poo poo shacks and destroy it and steal all their poo poo
it's hard out there for an honest cop in a world gone to hell

Dark Helmut posted:

Troll level: :flaccid:
it's cute to watch him flap around itt though :shobon:

someone mentioned just digging a hole somewhere and storing things. id like to test this and see how fast it gets discovered and looted.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the biggest problem is the mumble channel. 20 goons in one zombie apoc game mumble channel is the real end of the world scenario.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Akumos posted:

Also lol, I tried to play last night, servers down. Home from work after 3rd shift, servers down and 20m ago they said it will still be a while. I haven't even been able to log in to move from the old goon base since yesterday morning. rip

Are they making any attempt to fix the bigger dupe bugs or wipe servers? If not the first thing I'm doing later today is loving off from every goon base and just setting up my own private duped loot piles all over the woods. After dealing with the first goon base, it's not loving worth it. There is no point in trying to deal with the goon illuminati that want to control the camp and hold your hand with private passwords, better to just keep your own self-sustained dupe stashes. I understand why they did it, but there is literally no reason to be in a goon camp, I'd rather just meet up with them in Pleasant Valley, aka the only place that ever has anyone doing anything. My time in goon camp was spent like 90% defending against autistic redditors using 100 glitches in the early AM and 10% trying to build up my own loot room because everything good is locked under gay satans dictatorship. It's a goodish system to keep master copies of loot for new/retarded goons but it's also a colossal waste of loving time to personally watch and hand out loot to everyone, people just need to sustain their own poo poo at this point. I regret spending like 8 hours alone yesterday night/morning protecting rooms I don't even have access to only for the camp to be abandoned.

yeah buddy, you lay down the hard hitting truths itt. akumos for first splinter leader, who's with him?! not me

Tai posted:

Hows does this game run on a medium to low end laptop GPU (720m) and an i5/8 GB RAM?

I've got one of these funky pseudo software SLI setups from NVIDIA that use the onboard and dedicated card to work together and it lets me play games above specs I shouldn't be able to play. As such, it's always pretty hard to judge a games minimum specs and if I could run it without it being 10 FPS. It plays games like skyrim on high, AC:Black Flag on high as an example. 1366 res but hey ho it's a semi cheap latop.
i read something on reddit about h1z1 using something other than the gpu for laptops and being poo poo. you have to fix that and it should be okayish.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 21, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i never had access to anything. i was nice to people, i helped gather things, im not an autist and the illuminati (lol) gave me things i asked for. sorry this method of organization bothers you.

however, everyone getting angry at newbies to h1z1 can get hosed with a rusty rake though. seriously, calm down and take a newbie under your wing. help another nerd out.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the best part is, i helped akumos setup his own stash of duped goods at goonfort two or three days ago just so he'd stop crying in mumble about it. i guess someone looted it all in a game about looting and here we are, typing about goonfucking or something. :cripes:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my last post on the matter: akumos, i only started messing with you after the 4th time you said "well i feel like i should have [atleast 100 words describing your special snowflake setup]." you were talking over a mumble channel of about 15 other goons also trying to communicate and someone had to placate you or suffer your autism. i wasn't even being all that rude about it but okay, whatever.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eeriepanda posted:

How are you guys glitching walls/gates w/o relogging?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Orv posted:

Everyone from both SA and Reddit are banned at once.

freeeeedom!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you can purify dirty water in a lit campfire. just pretend the days of duping are over seeing as queues discourage duping anyways. you now have to figure out food and water gathering on your own. the days of goon illuminati stashing away all the goodies are over.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i love this game and i love exploiting it but i'm going to relax playing it so much until the hacks and dupes get patched out. well worth the 20 bucks even with the exploits. if you bought into dayz or warz, just go ahead and flush another 20 down the toilet. it's good fun.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

It is, but it's our job to break everything repeatedly and then tell Sony "hey this is how you break the game make it so we can't break it". How many of the exploiters do you think are compiling bug reports and sending them to Sony?

well regardless of who is reporting what exploits they find, the people who feel the negative effects are definitely screaming at SOE to fix them. so hopefully soe can figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Next time I find one I'm going to take a screenshot of a ridiculous loot stash. I think the dug stashes don't have an item cap like the storage containers because when I find one it often has >100 item entries with stacks like 50 bottles, 100s of ammo rounds, 10 lighters, 20 compasses and so on.

People are goddamned squirrels.

this is why no goon should ever build or live in a base. dig a god damned hole and put an alt on it.

• Locked thread