Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

oh ha-ha i get it... h1z1... like h1n1... preorder cancelled

I'm ashamed I didn't realize this until now. And also ashamed I'm quoted in the OP as a weak willed, spineless sucker.

With that said, OMG RELEASE ALREADY :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Can somebody clue me in on the "does this game have fishing" thing?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

So who planted the landmine in the middle of Goon Base?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

bogey.flail posted:

http://map.neutralized.co.uk/

This map allows you to copy and paste your current location from the game, and it will tell you where you currently are on the map, looks like it could be pretty handy.

According to the people who wrote the map it's not perfect, but getting there.

Just hit "M" ingame, type /loc and highlight the coordinates, paste it to the map and hit "Find!"

You can also use it to link your location via a URL, for example http://map.neutralized.co.uk/-2830.770/60.740/

This could really help finding out where you have been dumped after a death, and for meeting up with other goons.

This owns. Thanks.

I'm having a ton of fun with goons with this game. The shitposters in this thread are unbearable. The only other zombie game I've play was DayZ. This is leaps and bounds better.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

How do we transfer items to alts safely?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Good job :soe:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

The first week of this game was the most fun I've ever had playing games, ever. Mogoondishu, loving with pubbies, finding our first car, uniformed raids, tons of guns and ammo. The last two days, not so much. I've been killed by at least two hackers, had somebody follow me around invisible talking in a weird baby voice, I've dropped dead for no reason. We also moved our base all the gently caress way to nowhere, not near any water what so ever. Goon base is a former shell of itself; no water, bottles being stolen, no food ,ammo or guns. It''s turned into a running simulator just to get there, and now goons/hackers are placing mines all over our base so once you finally get there you get blown up sky high.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

There is a well less than a minute away from the base. I don't know how people are having water issues.

We're no longer duping stacks of 100s of waters for everyone, you have to fill up a bottle and cook it the old fashioned way.

That seems like a problem several people are angry at the "Goon Collective" about judging by the sentiments expressed on Mumble. No one is duping endless guns, ammo, food, water and building supplies so everyone is standing around the base slowly starving and dehydrating while they wait for free poo poo that never appears.

As far as I know, all you can do is drink dirty rear end water from the well, which kills you eventually. I don't think you can fill up bottles with it either.

I know most goons are useless, which is why I built my own shack on the ridge above Goontana and stored a bunch of guns/ammo/bottles Ive been collecting so I don't take away supplies from our Goontopia when I don't need too. Too bad metal doors are broken as gently caress and somebody keeps opening my doors and stealing everything I save while leaving landmines for me to play with. :argh:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

I like the map size as is, just for the love of god let me shoot out of glass windows already.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

Also like all of this talk about goon drama should be in the PGS thread where the people who you are complaining about post.

I checked the thread and its page after page of people talking about Mumble and certs so :confused:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Eonwe posted:

you are looking at the CTS Mumble thread, not the H1z1 thread on PGS

:doh:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

LuciferMorningstar posted:

No, no, you see, loot spawning is "fixed," but the respawns on loot in containers isn't. But loot is totally fixed guys.

If it's anything like dew collectors, they will say they "fixed" it 2-3 times before they actually fix. When they do actually fix it the patch notes should have something like "no we really mean it this time." That's usually the SOE giveaway that they actually fixed it (before eventually breaking it again down the line).

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Smedley confirmed on Twitter just now that they sold 3 million copies of the Early Access game. Can that be true? If so, eat poo poo EA haters :owned:

Edit: Apparently he's talking about DayZ, looks like I got :downsowned:

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 24, 2015

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Welp. Decided to play again after the wipe. After scavenging for over an hour and barely finding anything, I died to a hacker who was teleporting and flying around loving with everybody. Glad they will never address that! gently caress this game.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Game looks like 100% different with the new lighting system.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

I keep seeing mentions of a BIG patch coming out soon (tomorrrow?) on Reddit, but I can't find any information about it

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Ok they just posted this:

Below is the Roadmap for game update intended for April 2nd:

Zone export – We will be exporting the zone and it should catch a lot of erroneous terrain bugs including trees in the road, floating objects, and bad terrain that can easily flip vehicles

New Dam – There will be a new Dam that replaces the old placeholder Dam. It is much larger and better reflects what a finished art asset should look like in H1Z1, rather than the old Dam which was created with cement block pieces.

Male character model – A new character model will be added which will show a full body (chest and legs) as well as adds a lot of new wearable options to the game including face, gloves, and feet slots. Sidenote: Female character model is currently already being worked on.

R380 Pistol – The R380 is a small pocket pistol available in the .380 caliber. This pistol boasts a high fire rate but minimal stopping power.

Pickup Truck interior – A better detailed interior for the pickup truck that is more high res.

Workbenches - Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.

Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Gun Component. You can then use 2 Gun Components to make any other type of ammunition.

Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.

Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.

Anti-cheat – Continuing our efforts to provide a better anti-cheat service and stop more cheaters.

Bug fixing – Continuously fixing bugs, both existing and anything new that pops up.

Body sim performance improvements – The body sim was causing some server performance and has been improved to be less harsh on the server.

Revised crude map – We are adding grid locations to the crude map to better help friends find each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Any goons still playing this? Reinstalled after taking a long break shortly after release. This games way better in groups.

• Locked thread