Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

SuperiorColliculus posted:

So old Gerry(mandering) Brownlee is promising to audit builders that did shoddy EQC work...

Work that the builders say was rushed by the EQC, with inadequate oversight and budget.

Let's play "shift the blame around and see where it sticks"!

The builders won't give a poo poo. It'll be leaky homes all over again. They'll just shutter their current company and open a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

would you meet with the Pike River families if this was the alternative? :3:

"Think I can get away with pulling its tail?"

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

puchu posted:

No one on the North Shore takes a loving bus mate you're having a laugh.

Saturday traffic is consistent and I can predict exactly where the jams start (southbound at Greville Road onramp) and where they end (Tristam Ave onramp) because that's where the motorway is 2-laned instead of 3. It's also where the jams happen on every other day that ends with -day.

It would be really nice if they could fix the traffic heading northbound from Constellation as that is hosed every day of the week at all times.
A good start would be to execute all the South Africans in Albany.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

puchu posted:

I don't like the xenophobic line of politics in New Zealand but by gum do I hate South Africans

I dislike the fact lots of them left SA due to the high crime rate, and yet get here and complain about dole bludgers. You try and point out that the reason we don't get shot at traffic lights is because most people can afford to pay rent, but they don't listen.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 21, 2015

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I remember Flowers in the Attic being in my intermediate library, and that has pretty graphic incest, so far as my 12 year old self can recall.

Fear and Loathing, Naked Lunch, A Clockwork Orange, Tropic of Capricorn: all on the shelf at my college and I'd read them by 4th form. Although to be fair, the urge to seek out books about anything other than rugby was rather low amongst PNBHS students.

It's because this one isn't about white people, isn't it?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

You say that like libertarianism isn't the only thing more closely correlated with paedophilia than Star Trek.

I hope this is only a joke about that mod and not calling Gene Rodden-whass-his-face a kiddy-fiddler?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Hmm yes let me send my children around the neighbourhood to stranger's houses so they can load up on horrible unhealthy poo poo and shovel it down by the bucketload, there's no other way for children to play dress up and have fun without a huge commercial endeavour and several truck loads of sugar and irritation.

You went to one of those church "Light Party" things, didn't you?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is so great.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Milford is the Tauranga of Auckland.

Also Wisconsin Burger > *

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vaga-holyshittheiosappisapieceofcrapandcrasheseverytimeitryandquote posted:

Of course, their chief John Key hagiographer, who also happens to be a piece of poo poo, has written some garbage trying to defend Key but gently caress that guy.

This is part of the problem with political discussion, by the way. John isn't a piece of poo poo. Dude put up with me sleeping on his couch for 2 months when I was younger. He says some things in his columns that are the polar opposite of what I believe, but that doesn't mean that people should make with the personal attacks.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Can't say I think too much of a person who writes a column arguing against the gays adopting the kids. I don't care whom he votes for, but when he start publishing columns arguing to condemn a a part of our society to a status of second-class citizens, then I'm going to loving take issue with that.

Actually, I've thought about this further now that I'm not so hung-over and grumpy and I openly say all the time that I will happily run over Leighton Smith and Paul Henry if I ever see either of them walking down the street, so please ignore my previous whinging.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

Burgerfuel burgers always seem cold to me. like even if I eat it straight away, it's maybe slightly warm at best

Burgerfuel is another of the "depends entirely on the proprietor" deals. Some are great, some ain't. I will reiterate the Burger Wisconsin love I have, as that poo poo is always on point.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress yeah pickle chat.

The bread and butter pickles at Burger Fuel are amazing. I would go so far as to christen them "The Money Pickle". It's worth forgoing everything else to get a C'n'cheese or whatever its called to get those mothers on your taste buds.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

http://www.watchme.co.nz/like-mike/

Jeremy Wells 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Laverna posted:

Hot as balls? Sure you're not thinking of australia there?

Australia is hotter, sure, but I'd rather be in 35° in Melbourne than 25° in Auckland, due to the humidity and massive loving hole in the ozone layer that makes the sun here oppressive as gently caress and prohibits you from being in it directly for more than 10 minutes at a time, lest your skin peel off.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

There's a car-show channel on Sky?

Yeah. It's called "Revved" or "Amped" or something equally obvious and dumb.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

What's that top=left Aussie one with the white cross all about? I'm sure I've seen it actually flying over here, mainly round Southland I think

It looks exactly like the Scottish flag, so it might be that that you're seeing?

e: or did I miss a joke?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I guess it depends whether she is able to retain a job after exposing sexual harassment in her place of employment?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Varkk posted:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/business/bette...nternet-dilemma

Looks like Spark is paying to have content disguised as news put on to Stuff etc. The whole thing reads like it was written by a marketing copy writer.

My brother-in-law used to write copy for Telecom. Frequently things he wrote would be put into newspapers verbatim.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

klen dool posted:

I don't think I've ever had a CSR who knew what they were doing except once when a CSR at Telstra transferred me to some grumpy gruff tech who was probably not expecting to talk to a customer. That convo was over really quickly, and to my satisfaction.

The article almost goes out of its way to point out that Fenwick has a degree in computer science, implying csrs generally do....

CSRs are for the most part human firewalls. They literally risk their job if they diverge from the script / workflow laid out on the screen in front of them. As frustrating as it is, it is rarely the fault of the Muppet you're talking to and they are likely unable to actually resolve your issue, nor put you through to someone who can without first doing 25 bullshit things designed to get you to hang up the phone.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Mostly because I watch Archer, so I'm not really in a position to condemn mindless entertainment.

Anything written by Adam Reed and Matt Thomson is not mindless entertainment. :colbert:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lobsterpillar posted:

Never heard of them. What are they offering your partner? If its just 'a chance to be on TV' I say gently caress it, not worth the potential stress.

Top quality advice right here.
If they ain't shelling out a pile of cash, it's not even worth thinking about. They'll be using you as a profit tool, so make drat sure you're profiting as well.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/303009/mediaworks-ceo-mark-weldon-resigns

Embedded in the article: everyone hates Mark Weldon, apart from Rachel Glucina, who refers to him as "inspiring".

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

You'd think Mike would have sprung for something better than Coronas and Peroni to celebrate Wheldon's departure.

They're of the age that consider that stuff Good Beer.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slavvy posted:

But...but hobsonville point is five minutes from the motorway! And ten minutes from NorthWest, the only wageslave destination you could possibly need!

Five minutes from the motorway that then takes you over an hour to get into the city from with any kind of traffic what-so-ever. But I'm sure it'd be great living there.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Pretty sure Tapuface is the only viable candidate to set our country back on track.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

A few people in NZ had a wee protest about apartheid and sport

Quite a few people didn't.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'd just like to point out that Terry Teo is fantastic, so far as a family show goes.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The problem with the Bain case is that it is basically judging the capability and recollection of a small-town NZ police force who stumbled across a mass murder scene 15 years ago and had no idea what the gently caress they were doing.
Contrast that with the lawyers on Bain's side who have spent that entire time going through everything over and over and then get the same initial witnesses up on the stand and ask them questions about something they have hopefully managed to put out of their minds years ago, and hammering them when they fail to give consistent answers.

<rant>
This isn't the Syed or Avery cases where every bit of evidence produced by the police (or none, as is the case with Syed) is questionable as gently caress - this is a case where the only evidence that *doesn't* point to the person convicted is a note written on a computer. And I'm sure if someone could give me an image of the hard drive that was in it, it'd show that he forged that drat note himself and ... I'll stop there.
</rant>

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Right wing jerks itt.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jeff Sichoe posted:

it's interesting that our parents were willing to get on a loving boat for 4 months from England (or a plane from India, or Samoa, or whatever) to get here to potentially provide a better life for their children (us)

How loving old are your parents that they weren't able to catch a plane to get here?
Revealed to be a boomer.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

kris_b posted:

It's like Jeff got sick of waiting on hold to talk to Leighton Smith and decided to post on the forums instead.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I watched Campaign for the first time last night, and I can highly recommend it to anyone in this thread. It is a fly-on-the-wall documentary about the 1996 Wellington Central election. https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/campaign

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'll just plug a friend of mine that is standing for the Wellington health board. Please to vote for her if you live in the appropriate area and you align yourself to the left (or the right - whatever, just vote for her as she'll do a great job):
https://www.facebook.com/helen4ccdhb/

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Authorised by butt street

Yeah. She lives up Butt. My little one gets many chuckles out of that.
e: Who the gently caress am I kidding? I find it hilarious, too.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 21, 2016

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Just vote for Helen cos a goon told you to do it.

To be fair, that's two goons. What more do you need?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

When can we admit that the Spinoff has got really poo poo?

Bad opinions happening in this here thread.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

klen dool posted:

Excellent point. Besides we have plenty of Indian and Malaysian and Chinese already

Wrong opinions ITT. I dream of a country with a fantastic laksa on every corner and in every belly. This is currently not the case.

• Locked thread