Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Getting pretty sick of all these quakes just quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Dull breaking news..

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/top-stories/a/30863338/top-kiwi-actress-dies-suddenly/

Not to be all "Internet" but.. who?

Is she really one of our most famous actors? am I really that out of touch?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Noxin of Shame posted:

But you know, feel welcome to be a dick about the unexpected death of a 39 year old.

Yeah, I'm being a dick about a comment saying one of our "greatest actors" has died unexpectedly, and then that person turning out to be someone I've never heard of.

But yeah, I have to say I honestly don't care someone I've never heard of has died.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Varkk posted:

If one of our greatest authors or painters died then 90% of the population would be "who?".

Unless it was Anna Pacquin, it which case it would be "The chick with the teeth".

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah but did you link articles on his death to the internet to mention that actually he was kind of over-rated for the last couple of decades so who cares.

If only someone had actually done this.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

No, but going out of your way to brag about how you've never heard of her certainly does make one look like a colossal oval office.

Who brags about not knowing her?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

I don't think you understand. It's really, really important that you understand that I have no idea who she is.

Once again, who said this?

Are you just making poo poo up? Can I?

I'm angry you killed her.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Says the guy who went out of his way to drone on about how he doesn't know whom this person is, like it's a loving status symbol.

Quote me thanks dickhead.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Nice cherrypicking there.

States the crazy ranting fucker that wont quote the things he's claiming I said.

In other news, another quake? I'm seriously turning into a paranoid mess here..

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ghostlight posted:

It's implied from the fact that you took that news and instead of going "oh, I'd never heard of her, but that's New Zealand celebrity for you" you then posted it here and instead of just being like "wow, this actor died" you were "this NOBODY is apparently important to someone? NOT ME."

It's a dick move and a dick attitude, and that's fine to be honest, only now you're in an extended argument with other dicks about how you weren't being a dick you were just asking questions okay. Vagabundo shouldn't care about this because it was dumb and petty to begin with, but now you're being a dick trying to win an argument over whether or not you were being a dick.

Which is not to demand you should care about this person you'd never heard of, but at least don't deny that you went out of your way to bring attention to their death because somebody else considered them more important than you did.

Really? that's really weird you read that because what I wrote is "Is this person famous? ive never heard of her, am I out of touch?"

In a thread full of New Zealanders, talking about New Zealand topics.

How EXACTLY did I suggest I didn't think they were important to someone else but not me?
How EXACTLY is it wrong to ask "Who is this? What am I missing?"
Where EXACTLY would be better to ask these questions?

You are imaging things and making poo poo up.

Fake edit: This is why I was wondering who the hell she was:

"One of New Zealand's best-known actresses, Sophia Hawthorne, has died."
"She was twice nominated for best actress in a TV drama"
"Hawthorne comes from a family of prolific Kiwi actors and is the daughter of Elizabeth and Raymond Hawthorne"

504 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 19, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ledge posted:

The flag change will happen and I'll die a bit more inside.

and how long will it be till someone tries to start up a "Change it back" movement (and will it be more than one old man in a crappy van this time)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Ghostlight posted:

Quote the post where I said it was wrong.

Every single post where you imply I'm not actually asking "for reals" but smug facing that's shes kicked the bucket.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Three cops have been shot in the Bay of plenty in the North Island.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/reports-police-officers-shot-in-bay-of-plenty/ar-AAgy8p7/?ocid=spartanntp

Now we can look forward to every reactive idiot yelling "Arm the police" without doing any thinking at all.

Edit: They just upped the number to four, refusing to discuss if the gunman is still lose.

504 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 9, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

oohhboy posted:

Sounds like the fourth officer might have shot themselves in the hand based on the wording.

I'm going to place money on "His own police dog bit him" - Happens a bunch and is always funny to everyone there (except the handler)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Lancelot posted:

it was because of a "cannabis recovery operation". the amount of manpower the nz police seems to spend on weed is really astonishing

Yeah, you'd think they were expecting........

to be shot at.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Two Options:

Make weed legal and tax it making millions of dollars and cutting the bottom out of a ton of organized crime

or

Arm every single police officer in the country costing millions of dollars and causing loss of life due to accidents and escalation of situations

Absolutely.

Prohibition gave birth to organised crime in the US and legalising drugs would completely gut it within weeks.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Exclamation Marx posted:

always back the winner, that's our John

How do you think it will go down?

A: "The people of New Zealand have voted to keep our traditional flag we support them"

or

B: Never mention it again, hope no one remembers the millions flushed down the shitter.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Varkk posted:

Come on now he is no Veitchy.

Brava!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
In the last two days ive had two complete strangers ask me if i know where they can score..

Thats never happened to me before (Christchurch)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Taitale posted:

Maybe you didn't look like you smoked before?

Interestingly (well not really) the first time i was wearing untidy "its raining and im trying to find an office in a huge area i dont know at all" clothes and the second time i was wearing "Formal job interview" clothes.

Maybe im dodgy.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Is there any advantage to becoming a republic?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Couple of questions not really in the vein of the thread, but where else can I find a bunch of Kiwis all slumming together.

Can anyone in Christchurch suggest somewhere I can get a good pair of shoes for work? Ill be on my feet 12 hours and they have to look half way respectable, I used to wear John Bull boots but they have been out of production a long time. I'm returning to work after being away for a year so price is a thing too.

The second question reveals my ignorance.. I'm moving to a house that has NO internet at all, this has never happened to me before.. I roam the net and stream movies, what is the best way to do this? I probably don't use a lot of net compared to the average internet goon but I'm sure watching TV and movies will go thru a chunk.

Come to think of it I have a router I can use already, but im not sure if I have a phone connection in the sleepout ill be using.

Please educate me so I don't get rodgered by some salesman!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Oh I very much agree!

Price is absolutely irrelevant to me when it comes to shoes normally, I managed to wreck two of my ligaments at the same time, but I'm caught in a bad situation where I need all the money I can get my hands on RIGHT NOW!! but am a good three weeks out from getting paid. I'm really trying to avoid borrowing money or jamming it all on my Q card. Got a drat dentist appointment tomorrow as well I have to pay for up front (broken tooth) and I have $400 to my name.

Thanks for that link however, it never occurred to me to see if JB made other boots.. So used to wearing my old make.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Slavvy posted:

Also you can get some pretty mean shoes at the op shop in a pinch.

Life being the hilarious dick it is has handed me a $250 gift voucher for shoes...

I guess I cant complain, but why do these easy solutions always come up after I'm done with the worries and have been given decent ideas/advice?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

504 posted:

Life being the hilarious dick it is has handed me a $250 gift voucher for shoes...

I guess I cant complain, but why do these easy solutions always come up after I'm done with the worries and have been given decent ideas/advice?

Also my dental bill today was "only" $200 so I still have $200 to live on, also the tooth I broke is very very dead and can drat well wait till ive been working a few weeks before getting jacked out.

All in all it could be much worse. Thanks for all the advice and links guys.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't know what to say when my female coworkers all gather around to discuss the Bachelor.

Mostly because I watch Archer, so I'm not really in a position to condemn mindless entertainment.

edit: gently caress I was all geared up to sleep and then I spot my laptop clock. DLSsssssss :argh:

Don't work for a goverment department do you? I'm not even allowed in the room when my gaggle of woman friends watch that show.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Any of you gentlemen familiar with the TV3 show "Story"? I watch everything online and have literally never heard of it before today, the reason I ask is my partner has been approached by them to take part in a story and I'm VERY skeptical and suspicious of TV journalism.

She went through an extremely bad time last year and frankly I'm terrified they are going to pull a Paul Homes "questions designed to get her crying for ratings" trick.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Top quality advice right here.
If they ain't shelling out a pile of cash, it's not even worth thinking about. They'll be using you as a profit tool, so make drat sure you're profiting as well.

Word, I think she should just say no but I was thinking along the lines of "give her some cash dickholes" she got piss all in restoration from the guilty party in her event. $1000 paid in $20 a week amounts. Big fucken hairy deal.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I fucken knew it...

She's already not keen to be on camera but wants to support the petition the other people on the show are running. I just realised I have no idea how they contacted her or how they know about us, I'll ask.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

El Pollo Blanco posted:

It's not his real twitter, idiots.

Whoa, you sure served those of us not obsessed with twitter/a rugby player!!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Hey Marx,

I've sent an email to your Gmail account.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
All right,

Which one of you retards blew 10k on lotto tickets last night?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Its such a weird mindset, 10k is an actual investment to win the lottery.

But the odds are so bad that 10k makes absolutely no difference to your chances. What is the change? 50 billion to one down to 49.9995 billion to one?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Or even limit the number of tickets you can buy (Not that that plan is in any way feasible)

Nothing wrong with the odd $10 combo for a bit of fun, but if you're blowing 10k you need to be autobanned, and tested for OCD.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

I accidentally picked up a bottle of Dettol instead of mouthwash once.

Cant recommend.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
No :(

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/32211341/david-bain-compensation-claim-rejected-but-hell-get-925k-ex-gratia-payment/#page1

"Sorry brah, 13 years isn't long enough in prison to get compensation"

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of poker men,

Do any of you have issues with the pokemon thing going on?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Infotainment! posted:

"But mum", you yank brainwashed pleb.

Mum means wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Infotainment! posted:

I just learned way more about you than I needed to know

I live in Christchurch, were all about our attractive cousins.

• Locked thread