Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

Yeah, they pulled it out of the rivers.

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
her best song isn't even by her!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KfnGBtVeA

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/100173957/jewish-council-lorde-takes-a-bow-to-the-bullies

this is so loving offensive holy poo poo

also her twitter feed is a screed of racist-rear end retweets

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Xik posted:

:wtc: is this?

Is this a thing that real people (not goons) do or are you just doing this to purposely trigger others?

I know right?

Use margarine like a proper person

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Somfin posted:

Anyone wanna take a swing at explaining how these two clauses work together

Racism

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Taupo never had that kind of thing

but you wouldn't want it to, either

:barf:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

Knowing her personally, and knowing what she's like, it's hardly surprising that she's pretty much alienated everyone and has opted to apparently burn bridges. She's arrogant, violently intolerant of any opinion that doesn't resemble her own (a conversation with her is one where she expects to talk at you, while you just quietly nod in agreement) and is one of the biggest bullies I've encountered. She does have her moments, as few and far between as they may be so I hope this leads her to a moment of clarity and self-reflection.

I hope the reason why the majority of her contemporaries that she treated like poo poo and looked down her nose at have gone on to be actual grown-ups doing grown-up stuff is not lost on her.

So she's every twitter liberal but irl?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

And where in Hamilton did they come from?

Temple Place like the rest of em dude

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Stuff is good and good at their jobs:

that should be scribbled out with 2018 scrawled next to it like most people do

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

lmao perfect

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wafflecopper posted:

How has a considerable amount (half? most?) of the States got medicinal weed and we still seem to be years if not decades away? The loving States, how are we more conservative than the States about this?

Morons run this country, but they think they're not morons.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The ones who died fighting to steal a bit of land for the Russians?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ratjaculation posted:

Hello. I’m in NZ for a while. Is there a general chat thread anywhere so I can ask the important questions like what’s a trundler and why are eggs so expensive?

Eggs are expensive because the chickens here were specifically bought over by the queen in 1947 and have to be massaged every day.

A trundler is someone over 80.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

Just to remind everyone enjoying Bill English’s retirement that Maureen Pugh is next on the list.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/80884541/national-mp-maureen-pugh-doesnt-believe-in-pharmaceutical-drugs

Obviously being National she is bad, but she is a special case of bad. Also the article fails to mention her time as Mayor of Hokitika saw the council take on a huge amount of debt to pay for her and her friends to go on junkets.

Hey

At least she wasn't taking money directly from the Chinese government for it

a step above most high ranking national members

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

spanky the dolphin posted:

If anyone is interested in seeing what people came up with for this, here you go.

Sadly no laser kiwi.

obvious best pick

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dragonstoned posted:

Although I'm not crazy on the text font, its hands down the best logo out of all of them.

Some of those look like they were made in paint or using clipart from Microsoft office or something.

:cripes:

yeah the font is a little "armoured car" but the logo is fantastic

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.stereogum.com/1985211/lorde-supercut-run-the-jewels-remix/music/

quote:

Lorde's North American tour kicks off tomorrow and she's taking both Run The Jewels, Tove Styrke, and Mitski on the road with her.
RTJ's El-P slowed down the tempo of what is a fairly upbeat, dance-ready track and turned it into a sludgy slow-burner perfect for soundtracking the end of a night out. RTJ also contribute guest verses.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/17fd1...El_P_Remix_.mp3

:toot:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
yeah but we just got 10,000 plants and $50,000 in cash from a months long sting operation involving police and the military!

I'm sure it was well worth it to stop *looks at smudged notes on hand* cancer patients from not vomiting and 20 somethings from watching The Wall..... wait that can't be right

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

The important thing is they are keeping weed harder to get than meth. Wait, what?

Meth is the only thing keeping half the truck drivers in the country going

weed is what *looks around* *raises eyebrow* undesirables.... take

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd be cool with that, Barack's my kind of people.

He drones a lot?

:wink:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bike tory posted:

The routes aren't unprofitable, smaller carriers have picked up the routes and are doing fine. I just don't think they were profitable ENOUGH. Kapiti maybe not, but Taupo residents have a pretty valid reason to be pissed at a supposed national airline not covering them.

Air NZ told my folks "you better get driving then" when they failed to tell them their connecting flight from Taupo to Auckland had been cancelled (3 hours before they showed up for it, so they knew before my folks even got there)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

Kudos, Newshub.

Did he gently caress his son? The gently caress is going on here

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

klen dool posted:

If I was half as smart now as Chlöe Swarbrick is at 23.... I was a loving moron at 23.

Yeah but when you're twice as old as you are now, the world will be underwater and both of you will be dead.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
what if we taxed corporations, especially overseas ones, correctly

hahaha

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
we use about 300 bags a day in the deli because stupid loving cunts don't understand "a handful" isn't a measurement

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Auckland loving sucks it's insanely bad to get literally anywhere in because the road system is like a blind mentally disabled caterpillar had a seizure in a bowl of soy sauce then fell on the city planner's map.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the worst thing about new zealand is not being able to play smaller online games because NZ gamers are normies who only play fifa and CoD

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

Even in Australia or the States you'd have trouble finding players for your furry team-based shooter.

I'm gonna get that red panda skin one day....

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bike tory posted:

The rumours about Clarke are that he used to deal coke, right?

That'd be a lot cooler than anything national's partners have ever done

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bike tory posted:

"Who am I to stand in the way of this?" asks Paula Bennet from behind the wheel of her SUV as it ploughs into a crowd of people. "This doesn't sound right, this raises alarm bells for me," she says as people shriek in pain and terror. "If I were responsible for this I think I'd be looking at individual cases of harm here," she remarks seriously, stepping out of her car amid broken bodies and horrified onlookers.

You're assuming here this disgusting pig-human hybrid vomited forth from the anus of hell can actually fit in a car built for humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

something like a general inquiry wouldn't pass popular approval

good thing they don't need to

• Locked thread