Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FortMax posted:

Blue Jacket dub is happening.

Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar, Michelle Ruff, and Lex Lang are reprising their roles from the Red Jacket dub, and Epcar is directing again as well.

FUUUUUUUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

FortMax posted:

Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar, Michelle Ruff, and Lex Lang are reprising their roles from the Red Jacket dub, and Epcar is directing again as well.
!!!!!!!!!!

edit:
also ep 14/15 are out on cruncyroll and yep this series is still the best lupin series so far
easily the best zenigata by miles

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 15, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm only a few episodes into this season, but I still like fujiko mine better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serious Frolicking posted:

Fujiko Mine was excellent but I'm glad to get more Lupiny Lupin again

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

FortMax posted:

This really depends on how far they get to ad-lib. The geneon dub wouldn't have been half as interesting without all that elbow room.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I really enjoyed the latest season of Lupin. I hope Lupin never stops.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

the first 3 eps are wack but everything past ranges from great to good
its pretty deceptive

the 4th episode would be bad too but it's a jigen episode therefore it is baseline good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
lol at the doc letting her hair down and going all sexy at the end of ep 4 of newpin

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fereydun posted:

its pretty deceptive

the 4th episode would be bad too but it's a jigen episode therefore it is baseline good

I think I would have liked the Jigen episode more if it were a Goemon episode

Specifically the way he gets out of that situation feels like a Goemon solution, not a Jigen solution

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fujiko Mine is better as a show but Bluepin is probably the best entry with a properly Lupiny tone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fereydun posted:

its pretty deceptive

I just started watching because it's on Crunchy now and I liked the first episode already, so I'm looking forward to it getting better. Fujiko Mine was a great show but I like goofy capers a lot too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Fujiko Mine is better as a show but Bluepin is probably the best entry with a properly Lupiny tone.

Yea this is where I'm at. Fujiko was fantastic as just an anime, overall great and all that. This is the best Lupin rear end Lupin we've had, and I'm glad both exist.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New episode is up on Crunchyroll.

This week: :shittydog:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Fluffy gay dog is a formidable foe indeed.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've been watching old Lupin dubbed while doing household chores. It's a very silly show.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've been watching old Lupin dubbed while doing household chores. It's a very silly show.

I tried watching the english dub of one of them (first episode was on a cruise ship) with some friends and they couldn't stand it.

They're ok with the 2015 version though, and in honour of that one we call it Vigilant Like the Owl when we talk about it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The circus episode of newpin was not very good, to me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I tried watching the english dub of one of them (first episode was on a cruise ship) with some friends and they couldn't stand it.

They're ok with the 2015 version though, and in honour of that one we call it Vigilant Like the Owl when we talk about it

I first watched Lupin dubbed on TV years ago, so it's pretty much the default for me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The following episode with the rich widow and Zenigata is good, though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The circus episode of newpin was not very good, to me.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The following episode with the rich widow and Zenigata is good, though.

:same:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isetan's men has presented some fashion styles inspired by Blupin.

I WANT IT

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Catching up on this series, and drat it's good. I just finished the double date wine episode, everything is beautiful and fantastic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJy24SvCXCE

The best song

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sorry, it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

Fluo
May 25, 2007

They're both good!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the last 2 eps are kinda whatever, pretty disappointing!
they really, really remind me of pt2 'whatever' episodes though so i guess that's a success

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I need to get some of the title card sound effects for my phone now that the sound is digital and in a format I can easily scrub. No mixing ability on my end though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This episode about assassinating a West African dictator is ridiculous

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

This episode about assassinating a West African dictator is ridiculous

Welcome to the average Goemon episode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Welcome to the average Goemon episode.

It feels like it fell out of a completely different show. I guess I've only seen Mine Fujiko and a bunch of movies so I didn't realize how wildly the tone swings between different character specific episodes haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god the bomb defusal. That was like 2 films worth of events in 20 minutes. Bizarre.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
gently caress I just found out about this and now I have like 20 episodes of Lupin to watch.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I giggle at the title every time this thread is bumped.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

bondster
May 6, 2007

Chiming in to say the latest episode of Lupin is really really good and Part IV as a whole is fantastic

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bondster posted:

Chiming in to say the latest episode of Lupin is really really good and Part IV as a whole is fantastic

I agree. I know some people don't really care for Rebecca, but I thought this episode worked really well both for her and how Lupin & co. Operate in general.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

rebecca reminds me of becky from stolen lupin a lot mostly b/c of the name & general concept of the connection to lupin
so shes cool since that special is one of the decent ones

her theme isn't as cool as 'a rose tattoo' though

also this episode was good too, too bad about the last 2 before it..
lotta clunkers in this second half unfortunately

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fereydun posted:

rebecca reminds me of becky from stolen lupin a lot mostly b/c of the name & general concept of the connection to lupin
so shes cool since that special is one of the decent ones

her theme isn't as cool as 'a rose tattoo' though

also this episode was good too, too bad about the last 2 before it..
lotta clunkers in this second half unfortunately

C'mon, the car episode was pretty cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought the car episode was super sweet.

• Locked thread