Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lupin the III is a really awesome franchise, and I'm pretty loving down with either dubs or subs. I have appreciated both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

A series focused on Zenigata's Captain Ahab style quest for justice would be good as hell

Seriously. I think the only character who couldn't carry their own show is Goemon, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want them to try anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fiend Computer posted:

I'm a little late to the thread but I am so ready for the era of blue jacket and Jigen's Gravestone is one of my favorite pieces on animation to come out for years.

Was really good. Lupin is really good. Life is really good. I love everyone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dr_Amazing posted:

Am I alone in hating that Fujiko series with all the owls? I really wanted to like it but the pacing was just sooo slooow and it made less sense the longer it went on.

I liked it for being different, but fun in a more laid back sort of way? The whole thing felt kinda subdued, and I think I enjoyed it so long as it's just one series. If it had become the standard I'd have disliked it more.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

There is no way this show will live up to the hype that just burst out of my chest. Maaaaaaan that looks like some stylish stuff right now.

Also, it never ceases to amuse me that the characters with the most drastic changes show to show are Goemon and Fujiko. Fujiko changing makes sense, because "anime ladiez" but Goemon has had so many different looks over the decades that I'd be interested to see if his number of redesigns comes close to Fujiko's.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but it still gets me psyched up either way. More loving Lupin, hell yeah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Consider me loving PUMPED.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Normie Slayer posted:

I've finally gotten around to watching this, now that it's on Crunchy Roll. I like how stylish it is, though Fujiko has already been assaulted a handful of times. Does that ever stop being a thing?
Fujiko is the femme fatale. She plays all sides in order to further her own, and often times her feminine wiles catch the attention of horrible people.

I don't want to tell you that it always happens, cause it doesn't, but it is a thing and it is known to happen a fair amount of times.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I find the lack of subs disturbing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You can find soft subs on nyaa, but the quality of those subs is based entirely on the guy translating the Italian dub into English. Worked so far for me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I may love Zenigata more than anyone else in the franchise. He's consistently the best in any scene he's in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bout fuckin time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No excuses now, motherfuckers. Get some loving Lupin in your life

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I always liked the implication that Zenigata could take down anyone he wanted to, but chooses to chase Lupin instead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FortMax posted:

Blue Jacket dub is happening.

Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar, Michelle Ruff, and Lex Lang are reprising their roles from the Red Jacket dub, and Epcar is directing again as well.

Ohhhhhh myyyyyy gooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddd

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJy24SvCXCE

The best song

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bondster posted:

Chiming in to say the latest episode of Lupin is really really good and Part IV as a whole is fantastic

I agree. I know some people don't really care for Rebecca, but I thought this episode worked really well both for her and how Lupin & co. Operate in general.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought the car episode was super sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He was preemptively talking about me, cause I get crazy about anime tittays. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread