Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been watching old rumbles on the network, because I had never seen a full wrestling match before last year's rumble, and the 1989 Royal Rumble is badass. There's a 25 minute segment where Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior flex in the ring while Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura talk about how sexy they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

NXT TakeOver R-Evolution™.

NXT is good, and you caaaannt teeeaach that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite wrestler is Tyler Breeze

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

sometimes people now sing along to cenas theme "john cena suuuuucks! john cena suuuuuucks!"

They did this on Sunday lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like all the best wrestlers, he sings his own entrance music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're a lot like current Raws, idk if you've seen any of those. If you want to see an extremely awful wrestling show to get an idea of how bad it can get during the regular shows, I would recommend the January 19th episode of Raw. I think there's 3 or 4 matches in about 3 hours of TV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh, well I guess it's just PPVs against PPVs then, because this is laying it on thick. They shout outed a buzzfeed article twice in 30 minutes.

Lol. One of the guys also talks about Reddit a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Get this folks, this. Is. Awesome. The folks over at r/SquaredCircle sent Triple H a CAKE to thank him for NXT Takeover R-Evolution! Can you imagine that!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

they sent him a $150 fruit bouquet but they sent it to his office and he wasnt there so the archivist ate it lol

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be loving cool if your job was to sit in a dark room all day and meticulously transfer 25 year old wrestling video archives of random poo poo that 0.00001% of people cared about to WWE's digital archive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I laughed with glee like a small child when Lesnar suplexed Cena seconds after the bell rang

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I like Big Show because everything he does is so deliberate and slow but the guys react like someone swung a sledge hammer into there chest or something.

Lol when he just moved his fist at Dolph Ziggler's general direction in the Rumble and it looked like it killed Ziggler because he went completely limp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching Shield/Wyatts at Elimination Chamber 2014 again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Paul Heyman doc is loving sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The shots where he's just glaring at the camera are awesome.

I like that half of this movie is Paul in that one room just talking about his life. I could watch him talk forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He talks like my dad. In fact, since the network is free this month, I'm going to tell my dad to watch this. He doesn't care about wrestling but I feel like he will respect Paul Heyman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at Paul getting insanely defensive about the payment of ECW wrestlers and being super emotional even now and still copping to the fact that his dad was cashing the checks and he never had any problems during that period.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at Paul calling Smackdown "the bitch of the WWE".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also: the lighting sucks real bad on the talking heads in this movie. But im almost at the end and I really liked it, especially the first hour. Once it gets to the WWE part of his career it gets way less interesting and way more self-congratulating, unsurprisingly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The red haired freak who is Heyman's Digital Brand Partner is absolutely a pedophile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't stop laughing at the "im the red hot lava" Heyman promo with Rybaxel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks. Their search has aids. Even if I search for beyond the ring and Paul heyman together it said no results.

I had this exact same problem until I started randomly clicking through every category under the Originals tag. It sucks that this is hard to find but I give them props for being able to sort 25+ years of wrestling video by name.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

end of the super bowl was some WWE poo poo lol

Katy Perry standing on the lion reminded me of Triple H's WM30 entrance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

funny how one post in the gpddamn wrestling forum saying "you are retarded if you don't have the WWE network" got me privates for a week

Thank you for speaking the truth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first 15 minutes of ECW: Barely Legal is badass because the Dudley Bros beat the poo poo out of the ring announcer while he is introducing the pay per view card and start yelling "THIS IS EXTREME" before a smash cut to some dude wielding a kendo stick in one arm and chugging a beer in the other while the words BARELY LEGAL drip down the screen in blood style font.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I like there moves too where they slam down on the ground first.

I lol every time Goldust falls on his knees and punches people in the balls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Stardust/Goldust and Miz/Mizdow matches are going to be the show stealers of Wrestlemania this year

In Training fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 6, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill flip my drat lid if I have to sit through a lesnar/reigns main event and not even get to see Goldust punch Stardust in the balls on the world's biggest stage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

and watch the nxt special on wednesday

The fatal four way, Neville/Itami and Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn matches are going to be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FF13 on the PC, Royal Rumble '93 on the TV, morning cup of joe in the hand. Have a happy Sunday fellow gamers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love his shriveled muscly dick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The NXT Takeover: Rival Pre-Show is on LIVE on the WWE Network, which is free for the month of February!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Itami v. Breeze was good, Balor v. Neville was absolutely sick and the fatal four way and main event will probably be even better...NXT owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

meanwhile on raw the current divas storylines are 'teaming with their husbands' and 'middle school bullying'

im okay with that because i got to see paige in a towel and think about what her boobs probably look like under there :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's a Selfie Stick!

Tyler Breeze is so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JBL is good but he barely gets a word in edgewise. Cole sucks nards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also like his obvious favoritism, eg whenever Bad News Barrett comes out he gets excited no matter what else is going on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's going to die soon too. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bailey has a big rear end.