Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
This season is supposed to revolve around recruiting Paige. I hope the show is able to develop that storyline without actually involving Paige until late in the season. She is my least favorite character.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I honestly can't wait to see how much NBC fucks up their blatant copy of this.

"No, it's totally different, see? We're making the son super-smart, sort of copying off of 'The Pretender,' and setting the show in *modern day*, after the sleeper agents (who still speak with discernable Russian accents) have been deactivated for something like two decades. It'll be ratings *gold*...for us, at least. We consider a solid 1.0 a 'win.'"
I laugh every time I see commercials for that show. NBC forgot to slap an "ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL" disclaimer on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

JohnSherman posted:

I doubt it, but I do think it's signaling the end of that particular arc. Between the foster parent talk and the writers making a point of showing that she's being hit on at work, I think Philip is going to realize that he won't be able to keep this a secret much longer. All it would take is a picture of him on her desk, and he and Elizabeth would be blown.

e: Of course, I'm pretty sure I said the same thing last season. :shrug:
Martha being hit on by the new black FBI agent is pretty important. The last time that happened, Philip was forced to kill Amador, setting off a shitstorm. This episode set up the new guy as a much more competent investigator (and probably less of a goon) than Amador. Martha is much more vulnerable to scrutiny now with her secret marriage and the bug in Gaad's office.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Well I guess last week's preview was not for the rest of the season. :ohdear:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Henry is sort of a dunce though.
Henry is basically a young Amador. That is why Stan understands and gets along with him better than his own son. I can see Henry growing up to join the FBI instead of joining Directorate S.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Welp Nina is about to be screwed, literally. Talk about an awkward reunion with the former boss.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

LostRook posted:

Why is Elizabeth suddenly apprehensive about sleeping with people?
She has real feelings for Phil now plus the whole Paige situation. When she came home that late, I expected Paige to be waiting up for her. "Where have you been?" Awkward.

Is it confirmed that Margo Martindale is appearing this season? I wonder if she will come back as their handler if Philip ends up killing Gabriel.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

withak posted:

What are the chances that Stan's conversation with the black FBI guy got picked up by the communist mail robot? You could hear it beeping in the background. I thought that Oleg's big reveal was going to be dissension in the ranks based on that.
I was wondering if that conversation was why Arkady wanted to shut down the mailbot operation so quickly, but I'm not sure why he would be so concerned about the clerks transcribing Stan talking about Directorate S in general terms.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Brennan posted:

"they are the focus of evil"

*zoom in focus on Elizabeth*

not at all subtle
While Philip blurs into the background, yeah.

I am not sure how I feel about this season. Individual scenes and the performances were fine as always, but I think having a 4th season greenlit so early made the season lack urgency. The slow-burn nature of the show is kind of getting in the way. If you think about it, the only plotline resolved was the anti-Stinger operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Why is there even any doubt about whether Martha is still alive? Philip killed the goon FBI IT guy to make it look like he is the one that planted the bug. Then in a later scene, Elizabeth tells Philip that he needs to go tell Martha so she does not confess due to a guilty conscience when she hears about the IT guy's death from someone else.

• Locked thread