Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

That was a really strange last five minutes. That ISI guy was really chill considering someone just walked in on him killing a woman.

:rip: Annalise. You were kinda crazy.

I wonder what they will do with Nina. I mean it would be a pretty big copout if she came back on the show after what Moscow was threatening her with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Look Sir Droids posted:

Does Elizabeth know who Gaad is? Cause he got a pretty good look at her face before she knocked his rear end out. Also, drat girl, take your wig off when you suspect the Feds are patrolling you. Go hide in a bush or something.

Yea that was pretty lol. Change your outfit but don't change your wig. C'mon :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wish they would write Stan's ex wife out of the show already. No one cares about your marital problems Stan.

Oleg should have shot you in the face :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Still give no fucks about Stan's marriage or the Nina plot. Not even sure why she is still on the show tbqh.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

antavila posted:

Could someone remind me of the significance of Elizabeth staying at that AA sponsor's house? I don't remember that character at all (if we've seen her before) or the reasoning behind her stay.

That lady works at on the assembly line at Northrop. She is probably going to use her to get some stealth tech somehow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Alright, can we please end the Martha storyline? It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Yea she is probably going to die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bowser posted:

I love the actress and the character but I hope they don't just shoehorn her into the plot because they don't want to get rid of her.

Sounds like that is exactly what they are doing. The writers really should have let it be after the season 2 finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dance Marine posted:

I personally want more appearances from Comrade Woof.

Or at least i hope he was a spy dog not some stolen pet that she brutally murdered later.

Don't be silly. She brutally murdered the owner before she took the dog for a walk.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guildencrantz posted:

I suppose I'm completely alone in this but I know Nina will survive and ugh, I hope the KGB wastes her.

She's an incredibly boring character. Everyone else has some principles or values that they have to weigh against necessity, Nina is just a pure survivor. So she betrayed the Belgian chick, and? Why do I care? It was completely predictable because it's not like she ever had a discernible non-selfish motivation.

No I agree completely. Nina should have been left off the show after season 2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

God drat, what does Martha's actress have on the writers? I can't think of any other reason why she has survived this long.

Seriously how is she still alive? I thought for sure Phil was going to choke her to death right there. Then again Nina is still around being useless so who knows. Maybe the writers are actually incompetent.

Mail robot owns. Reminds me of the toast robot on Archer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

beanieson posted:

Yea, you've got to figure that they at least took some wedding photos together. Her parents probably have pictures of Clark.

But he has a wig. His disguise is foolproof and he is unrecognizable!

There is a much bigger risk of her cracking and turning him in. Next time he goes over there a bunch of FBI agents could be waiting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

snuffles posted:

Poor mail robot. :ohdear:

Mail robot will get better and stronger. And store all the classified files! Just you wait!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

Maybe I'm just completely desensitized or something, but the necklacing and the suitcase didn't bother me. That scene with the old woman, though? Jesus christ. I almost couldn't make it through it.

I guess I'm a robot because the old woman scenes didn't bother me at all. I was hoping Elizabeth would just kill her already so the boring poo poo would end.

The scene with Hans and the guy from last week running around after being shot in the eye was horrifying though. Goddamn.

drunkill posted:

Oleg and Beeman, spy bros :3:

Ya but who gets Nina if she is freed?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That reveal was pretty awesome. :tviv:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

comes along bort posted:

Russia still had spies after the collapse of the USSR. It's not like they quit being the most paranoid country in earth overnight in 91. I'd like to see what happens to their spies as Russia transitioned into its current kleptocratic mafia state.

Spinoff with Henry and Stan as FBI agents.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mailbot is the best part of the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spronk posted:

Man I had no idea how complicated it was for spies in the 80s to get the room number and hotel keys of guests at Holiday Inn. Gotta have dinners and sleep with managers over multiple weeks and hack the Gibson. To find 3 Taliban guys who will in no way stand out at an American Hotel.

It will all be undone when Osama Bin Laden slips a $20 to the clerk and gets upgraded to a suite.

Is the new tech that Philip and the old guy talking about handheld Stinger missiles? I think that was the thing that really turned around the mujahideen insurgency, wasn't it?

Yea it's stinger missiles. Or at least the description sure made it sound like that.

Sober posted:

Needs a buddy spy spinoff with Oleg, Stan and Mailbot.

Henry is there too as he is being mentored by Stan. Things take a turn for the worst when he falls under the dark influence of Mailbot in season 4.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I want Paige and Martha to get his by a car. Driven by the black guy blackmailing Elizabeth. They all die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phenotype posted:

By the way, I've always wondered -- is Martha supposed to be really ugly to most people? She's not TV hot, and she has sort of an unusual look, but I think she'd be perfectly fine-looking in real life. It's made a lot of her plot beats a little strange for me, like the recording of the FBI agents almost-but-not-quite talking poo poo about her last season, or this ep, when Elizabeth suggested Beeman might be trying to hook up with her and Phillip goes "Martha??" in disbelief. But then Amador WAS trying to hook up with her last season, and got killed for it. I don't get it.

I think she considers herself unattractive, which is why Phillip was able to exploit that and use that recording he doctored of Gaad and the other agents making fun of her looks to convince her to do stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

I don't know how I feel about Paige's reveal to her pastor. I just don't see how her arc could continue in any believable fashion. Philip and Elizabeth are going to kill Pastor Tim, but then what? Are we really supposed to believe that Paige will forgive her parents for killing her moral guide and confidant, and come to terms with committing treason in any reasonable period of time? A season of Paige living in fear of her parents is not something I'm looking forward to.

He goes on his African adventure and doesn't come back.

Paige too :colbert:

edit: The Nina plotline went absolutely nowhere. They really should have just left her off the show. Her season 2 ending was perfect.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Riled Shareef posted:

Do you guys think this is the best season of TV this year so far? I guess this or Better Call Saul?

No, not even close. This has been a slow season that lead to nothing really.

• Locked thread