Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Binge watched the first two seasons, looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I know this is from the Russian couple's perspective but it seems like they've gotten the upper hand over and over again. Did the U.S. Suck that bad, or were we having successes elsewhere?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

wukkar posted:

We... won the war? So the answer is yes, there were "successes" elsewhere.

mobby_6kl posted:

The CIA have been huge fuckups forever. That is not to say that others are necessarily more competent, but theirs are pretty well documented. There are really too many and I've read it too long ago to recall anything specific, but check out Legacy of Ashes: http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Ashes-History-Tim-Weiner/dp/0307389006/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422745678&sr=8-1&keywords=cia+history

That's what I was getting at, I know we won the war but was it the result of out spending and attrition or spycraft? Were we turning Russian assets and stealing secrets as often and as successfully as the KGB appeared to. Is it plot armor or were we fumbling around while the KGB ran circles around us.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
I love these EST sessions.

Edit: as a parent of a teenage daughter this is giving me the creeps.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 19, 2015

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

As a young man with only the most distant dreams of family one day this is skeeving me right the gently caress out.

I'm about to call her into the room to watch this and say "don't do this, this is how you wind up in the trunk of a car."

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

Stan is just so lost at sea, and Noah Emmerich sells it so beautifully.

He's going to beat up another bathroom isn't he?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
My wife just yelled down the stairs, "that Yaz, why is Yaz playing?"

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
I keep thinking that Phillip is going to preempt Elizabeth and tell his daughter. Better she finds out from him before she gets recruited. At least that way she can make up her own mind.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Ha, he played the God card.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

And it's Jesus with the save!

Jesus is my personal savior and cock blocker.

Edit:

ChadSexington posted:

So Nina and her cellmate are both conning each other at this point, right?
That's how I'm reading it.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
"Hey Mom I googled your friend... "

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

JohnSherman posted:

It took me a second to remember their connection. This owns.

Nice twist.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

Holy poo poo they're doing it :staredog:

JohnSherman posted:

Oh gently caress it';s happening

I clicked on this thread by mistake before I had a chance to watch the episode and thought these posts were Kimmie related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought she actually enjoyed the sex that time with the hotel guy and felt guilty about it.

That was my take on it as well.

• Locked thread