Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I love ads. RIP adcritic.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I like off brand cola

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
And surface

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u can also watch the kitten bowl on hallmark channel

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the , uh, "kitten cam" is LIVE

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/kitten-bowl/kittencam

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
toyota makes rly goodd cars and trucks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

they're not nearly as high up the food chain as they used to be

there's 0 reason to buy a corolla now

KIA is the new Toyota rite ??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hyundai ??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

its like everything normals like in one video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbOMqA2AOIk

iu like how they included athat katie couric bit, but like a couple weeks ago we all read that op-ed or w.e on yahoo under marisissa meyer and it said that NOBODY watched, nor like, those segments. hehe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

here is one from the yospos beloved company in it's glorious raised blacks, and orange/teal grade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZhrRm88ms

cool lifestyle brand. if i buy this contraption ima be coal liek all these ppl

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

but smythe you'll hav eto use ios

ya. FAIL. i gavre a ipad and phone to my slam peice so i can be cool by proxy - while stiull using my device for big fat fag weirdos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
y do u ppl h8 ads so much?
??

if there werent ads on crap ude have2 pay up front, which is p[retty fail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

I've never once drunk a budweiser on purpose and they've probably spent several hundred dollars trying to convince me to do so

huh? why?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

do you like wonder bread?
is cheese pizza your favourite?
does the idea of raw fish make you gag?
are you terrified to set foot in a teriyaki joint?
are all your friends white?

well we're the beer for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c

very good ad VERY GOOD i could sing along to the dialogue and did you know I said ut loud "WHO LIKE TO DRINK BEER" before the ad copy even came on the monitor this is ad for my demo my demo this is an ad for me and im a tastemaker.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

what taste do you make smythe?

cum and poverty garbage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

that sounds unpleasant actually

nice heteronormativity you cicgender oppressor human being

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

So on Public Broadcasting radio, part of the FCC rules state that you cannot run advertisements because it's meant to be a public space for people to get their message out. The idea is that the people own the air waves, and the FCC gives out licenses for people to operate in the public interest. Obviously PBS, runs most of these public broadcast stations. Their programming grew, and they needed a way to pay for all the premium content they were offering, so they decided to get "Underwriters". After checking with the lawyers, the rules were written in such that as long as there isn't a direct call to action, it is not an advertisement.

So all PBS stations call outs will mention a company name, and a product, but spoken completely by the people on the radio show. There will never be a "Buy this and you'll feel good!" claim made on anything, and thus are not advertisements.

long story short, someone will find a way around

while i agree, in principal - its dihonest to insinuate theres noi difference bewteen commercial radiop and the poo poo at n below 89.9 on the fm dial. there are WAY fewer ads and they are WAY less intrusive than u get at the top of the band. its really dumb and honesttly hilarious to insinuate or hyperbole otherwise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
like n1 is gonna listen to a couple hours of npr vs jack fm and think 'yea same poo poo'. one of them is obviously begrudgingly runing ads due to the realities of the cost of producing content and the other is a vehicle to sell ads. im not anti ad, as im sure youv'e gleaned from my posting in your threads and a large % of my personal income is derived from ads and/or selling content - but its pretty freakin dishonest to use your obviously privilaged and authoritaive position to coerce the idiot denizens of YOSPOS that the public and private parts of the fm band are equiv

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

I pay money to run my message on your station, and just because one has weird guidelines its not advertising????

listen nobdy not even me said its not ads but its obvious, and im not going to retype my first message for you due to epically fail reading comprehension, but its dishonest to put some retarded equivalence between jackfm and kpcc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont twist my totally coherent posts into some fail anti ad posts. ads are what allwo us to get cool poo poo for free. but its mega false equivilence to say that npr and jack fm are the same because of underwriting. listen to them for 20 minutes and it'll be pretty freakin obvious that whoever penned that nonsense was a hyperbole hydra

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bu bu but they're all ads! deliberately ignores the miles of difference between something intentionally in your face or subtly manipulative and a generic sponsorship message presented as such by the radio host

ye sthis post is fine but the first doesnt apply to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

if your goal is to try to normalize overt intrusive advertising you have a vested interest in not understanding the difference

this post is fine toooooo!!!!!!!!! burt usuualyl ur so hosed up retarded i said u sucked without reaidng your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

you just have a problem because one is done in your style and taste, and the other is done in the style of taste of another audience.

not really twisting words here, just pointing out the obvious

not a problem at all. its just one set of ads takes like 15 mins oif the hour and other takes like 3

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one time i watched a movie on tnt and it had a 12 minute ad break

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chome

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

graph posted:

the ad breaks get longer as the tnt movie progresses and the one before the movie climax is the longest

yes, and, i dont meant to be too snarky, but, also, water is wet.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tim and eric make these now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram psted that he thot u did, i think he bet 999 chomecoins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

a more accurate analogy: somebody sets up a turret that automatically fires at whatever targets people tweet at it

Excuse me, it's "turrent"

• Locked thread