Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

I'm fuckin' stoked.

Dragon Age 3 had an open world, but it seemed like it was only used for the most lovely of MMO style quests. What a waste. I hope they took the open world for this game down a less similar path.

TW2 was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what they brought to the table for this game...and Witcher 3 being released means that Cuberpunk 2077 is that much more closer to being released. :unsmigghh:

I thought DA3 was great, but it did have an overabundance of MMO quests that you were better off just skipping. If W3 is fun and has a useful overworld it's my GOTY all years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I've got some Witcher 2 PC performance questions. So does this game run like poo poo? Is there anything I can do to fix it from not running like poo poo? It's running choppy as hell at all performance settings and it looks like it's a problem with the game rather than a problem with my PC struggling to play it. My PC has an i5-3570k at 3.4GHz and a AMD Radeon HD 7800 video card.

I used to have a 7870 with my 3570k and the game ran fine at mostly ultra. Make sure that you don't have Ubersampling on because gently caress that noise.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Think I narrowed it down, apparently it doesn't like me watching twitch on my other monitor while playing. Turned that off and the framerate was smooth, but watching a stream while gaming has never been an issue before. Oh well, thanks for the tips!

I've had trouble with that lately with Chrome, I'm assuming Chrome just likes being a memory hog more than usual. You may be able to watch using Livestreamer.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm considering grabbing a 970 pretty soon as well.

That said: is this one of those times when it's not super wise to buy a new video card because some flashy new thing is going to come out in a few months and I'll be all "oh, no, I should've waited"?

As far as I know the only thing coming out is the new Titan that's going to be near $1k.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't "meet" the recommended due to having a 3570k, but that's it so I think I'm just fine since I'm going to be overclocking the CPU soon anyway.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yeah, on CPU side a 2500 series is still a great CPU, there haven't been huge leaps in architecture lately and games aren't CPU bound much lately. Thankfully, cause I don't want to have to get a new mobo and CPU right now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

Hahah what?

Also, yeah. CPUs haven't really changed significantly, not where most programs are concerned,

The 3570 doesn't overheat unless you're trying to overclock, which you then need an aftermarket. I've always had an aftermarket, but two of my friends have had stock cooler on the 3570 for years with no issues.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

g0del posted:

Check SA-mart or ebay. Thanks to the current nvidia promotion, witcher 3 GOG codes are going for $25 or less.

Thanks for this, just got the game for 24 bucks :stare:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Heliosicle posted:

Maybe I got a bad one then, I had to buy a new cooler after a week of having my 3570k because it was throttling when I played BF3.

Will they carry on selling cards with the promo once the game is out? I don't know how these promos usually work.

Usually, though it depends on the publisher/dev.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

poo poo. Just realized that W2 GOG saves might not be able to import into the Steam version. My whole run so far has been GOG due to the reported savegame bug W2 had.

Worst case: I'm assuming the Steam version also gives a GOG key? Wonder how that'll affect buying the expansions on Steam too. Agh.

They should just grab em from the my docs folder. Which reminds me that I need to finish my playthrough of W2...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Any guides for 100% on Iorveth's side? I need to play through on that side still and would like to make it as complete as possible.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm kind of glad this game isn't coming out till next month, this month's been great for games which means I've had less time to play them all.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Harrow posted:

Someone's gotta talk me out of dropping $300 to get a GTX 970 for this and instead just getting it for PS4.

Then again I don't know if I can be talked out of it.

The 970 is the best card I've ever bought and I have yet to be disappointed by it at all, hth.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Archimago posted:

He died not for his head, but my cheevos.

What the actual gently caress is wrong with you, SAM it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Can someone post the video of Roche jumping and rolling in act 2? That's my favorite part.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lareine posted:

I might the only person who hates Dandelion.

I don't think you're considered a person if you have that opinion. Playing through with Iorveth right now, but I guess I'll have to download a Roche save since I can't find mine :(.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I'm going to be that guy and say I've been playing computer games and now console and computer games since Doom and I absolutely for the life of me can not tell the difference between 30fps and 60 fps. The 720 to 1080p I can see but not the frame rate increase. I don't know why. Maybe I need new glasses.

Frame rate is not something I can tell too much if I'm not playing a shooter or fighting game. Not to say there's no difference, but it's more noticeable when I get slowdowns @ 30 vs. 60.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't know if I'll need to (obviously), but is there a good guide for overclocking a 970 if that is "necessary"?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Generally you want to grab the card monitoring/overclocking tools for your card (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, Asus GPUTweak, etc) and it's just a matter of upping the clock speed incrementally generally.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-graphics-card/#page-1

Oh, well that seems even easier than CPU overclocking.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yes there is.

Well at least the inventory seems a ton better.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Karrahad posted:

Does targeting still work like in Witcher 2? It wasn't really a problem but I'd much rather manually lock onto targets like in Dark Souls etc.

In Witcher 2 you "soft" target on stuff, but you press Alt or whatever it is on the controller to actually lock on.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You can press 3 to switch signs, 4 for thrown/traps. I never found the combat difficult, and usually enjoyed it :shrug:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh no the game still looks better than everything else out right now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

More like, oh no the game looks terrible at low resolutions and jpg artifacting.

Well that too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

New video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1HG8Py6OPc
That one monster towards the end looked pretty cool.

The animations in this game look fantastic, and Igni being channeled is a change I like. One thing I hope they do add is mages that actually use weather, such as lightning in rain. A tooltip in 2 mentioned this, but nothing really happened like that in the game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just beat the Iorveth side today, it was great. Gonna use that for my first (only?) playthrough for W3 I think. Played through on Dark, wasn't too bad barring the very beginning, except for the last "boss" of the game that isn't Letho, who I let go.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

I decided I'm gunna help my bro Roche. He's too loving cool to not help.

I love Roche's path too, I think both are very well done.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Everything about this is amazing.

Also, I think that letting a certain someone explode might come back to bight me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

I've been pretty locked down on the media of this game and won't be watching this. Without any particular story spoilers, what's that video show?

No story spoilers at all besides Ciri gameplay, everything is just the combat.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm personally upset about no Geraltdong :(.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

I still don't really see why the sex in the second game was made such a big deal of anyway.

It was pretty stupid in the first one though for the most part. The nurses wanting a threesome with Geralt in the middle of a burning city block was pretty hilarious.

Or the witch that you banged in front of Alvin.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I finished my preload through Galaxy in about an hour, so it seems to have worked for me. Can't wait!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The reviews should start dropping soon, I really am looking forward to seeing what people think. I've been working on this thing for a while now and I can say that I'm immensely proud of what we've done and I really think it's the best thing I've ever worked on. I hope you guys (not just ya'll, but the general audience as well) enjoy it as much as I think you will.

If I have whale related issues I'll be sure to post here for support :cheeky:. I can't wait for reviews because this game looks fantastic.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

PS4 version (perhaps all) is available Monday the 18th at 4pm West Coast, 7pm East Coast.

Yeah, I think it comes out midnight Poland for all.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Roche looks great, any hints of Iorveth yet?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

My #1 desire for TW3 is for Roche to take off his head rag, suddenly.

I too want his long flowing locks to flow free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

:allears:

additionally, I hope Ves is in Witcher 3. She's the real badass of the Blue Stripes

That was my first thought, but also Cars from JoJo.

• Locked thread