Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Is that Billy or Josh Hamilton? I'd keep Billy for $10 but you'd have to give me $10 to keep Josh.

Your other keepers are who I'd keep, plus mayyybe Zim. You can probably get Zim for $15 on draft day though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

coronaball posted:

I'm in a 16 teamer where you can keep up to 3 keepers at the expense of your first, second and third round picks. Kershaw and Goldschmidt are no-brainers. Is Jordan Zimmerman worth losing my late-3rd rounder? I hate having two pitcher keepers and all the rankings sites have him on the borderline. On the other hand, Wins are a category and he plays on an awesome team in a terrible division.

Toss him back. You already have Kershaw, and offense is rarer than ever this year. I'd rather take whoever the best hitter was on the board in the 3rd round than keep an SP who won't even get 200Ks.

spanky69 posted:

I get to keep 2 of these in an 8x8 league with 12 teams (R/H/HR/RBI/SB/BB/AVG/OPS) (W/CG/Shutouts/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS)

Alex Cobb - Round 4
Doug Fister - Round 5
Kole Calhoun - Round 6
Tyson Ross - Round 8
AJ Pollock - Round 8
Anthony Rendon - Round 16

Those are the best options. Probably keeping Rendon and Fister or Ross. Thoughts?

I'd only keep Rendon, everyone else is not a great value especially with only 2 keepers.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Does anyone have any experience with punting saves in a H2H league? I usually carry 3 closers but I'm having a hard time justifying that many roster spots in a 6x5 league with QS/ERA/WHIP/K/SV. I never pay for saves but it's more about starter flexibility, since we have 5 pickups/week limit and several guys love to stream.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'm starting to look into creating my own rankings, and this site has a ton of useful Excel tutorials geared towards fantasy baseball: http://www.smartfantasybaseball.com

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
That is a tough choice. Kershaw for $34 is pretty drat good in a league that adds K/BB, but I can't escape the nagging feeling that Kluber + Kershaw is just too much pitching. Arenado's ranking this year is all over the place but Grey over at Razzball has him at #20 overall and Baseball Guys has him at $19. I owned Arenado a lot last year and he is really a good hitter. Dude is only 23 and if he didn't get hurt last year he was on pace for 25+ homers with .800+ OPS. I'd probably keep Arenado because he's so cheap, and there is just so much pitching out there.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Vernacular posted:

Woop, its (almost) time!

Trying to figure out my 5th and final keeper. I'm set with Stanton (2nd round), Scherzer (5th), Rizzo (6th) and Rendon (20th)(gently caress yes). Choosing between Robinson Cano (1st) and Sonny Gray (10th). What do you guys think? H2H, 6x6 (OPS + K/BB).

For questions like this it helps to know who would likely available to draft instead of keeping Cano. I don't think Cano is a 1st rounder but if the top 20 hitters are all kept then you should keep him in the 1st.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

tadashi posted:

I'd like to try to use some platoons this season since ottoneu gives me a deep bench. If I were to pick up Rickie Weeks, for example, for $1 how difficult is it to mine value out of platoon guys in most fantasy leagues? Like I said, ottoneu has a deep bench (40 player roster) so it's not like I'm bumping a solid utility player for him.

I'm playing Ottoneu for the first time this year and giving serious consideration to trying to platoon Anthony Gose and Rajai Davis in one of my OF slots. Seems like it would work pretty well but I don't have real experience doing it.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

IcePhoenix posted:

enjoy the first week because that's the only time you're going to have all of those guys in the starting lineup together.

Yeah, I love this team on paper but a lot of recent injury history for these guys.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Keep Miggy. I'd probably keep Kluber in your situation but if it's a keep-forever league, Springer forever in round 20 is pretty nice.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd rather have Hamels than Harvey in redraft.

weas fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 6, 2015

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

coronaball posted:

Util Chris Carter (8)
Bench Albert Pujols (9)

Sweet Jesus, Pujols is underrated this year.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

IcePhoenix posted:

FREEDOM

here is my wonderful draft

for those not in the know, 14 teams, 7x7 with standard 5x5, OBP, SLG, K/BB, and OOBP

Your offense is in big big trouble. Likely 1s in RBI, SLG, HR...

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I wonder if these Yahoo On-Demand Drafts are a soft-launch for how they are doing Pro Leagues this year. It makes sense if they aren't opening until April and the season starts April 5.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Being near the bottom of the in-draft standings on ESPN or Yahoo is a good thing.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I think that is a fine dynasty team, what's wrong with it?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
It doesn't look like a MI league so 2Bs will be available for trade or for free on the wire. MiLB prospects tend to be massively overrated in dynasty leagues so I think your approach of taking guys right on the verge of being everyday players is much smarter than trying to load up on guys who won't be in the majors until 2017. I love guys like Arismendy, d'Arnaud, Arcia, Souza, Giles, and Martinez in a dynasty league, they will produce for you SOON. 60 minor leaguers is not super super deep so there will be plenty of MiLB guys who emerge who will be worth rostering.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I mean you have a monster team but 6 teams everyone's team probably looks amazing. I'd say in a league like this the draft doesn't matter as much as waivers/streaming/daily matchups...

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Can't even play a full year of roto in a Yahoo pro league this year? What the hell Yahoo!

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Ratedargh posted:

Am I right to say no to a deal where I would get Upton and Kemp for my Cespedes and Rendon? It is a keeper league, and I'm pretty thin at 2B even though Rendon is out for three weeks with the knee issue. Or should I go with Upton/Kemp?

If you don't have a 2B to replace Rendon you probably shouldn't take the trade but it is a fair trade, and tempting.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Enjoy that pizza.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
be real man

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Yeah Rendon is starting the season on the DL. No timetable for return...

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Pedroia hit 29% of his homer total last year today. :stare:

Gonna really regret avoiding him this year if he stays healthy.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I think I'd hang onto Valbuena in a deep roster league. He has nice eligibility and he's getting everyday ABs in the middle of a lineup.

I suspect when the Sox bring Rodon up, it will be in the bullpen, unless there is an injury to one of the starters. I doubt he's worth stashing over a more flexible bench spot, especially if you are talking about streaming hitters.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
lmao

@mlbtraderumors 6m6 minutes ago Jenrry Mejia Receives 80-Game Suspension http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/?p=51234

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Rand alPaul posted:

I just got offered Anthony Rizzo and Alex Gordon for my Joey Votto.

Do I mash accept even though Gordon would sit on my bench?

I would do this in a heartbeat.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Rand alPaul posted:

Wow people already panic-dropping Mat Latos?

In shallow leagues, with his velo drop, I'm looking elsewhere.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'm sure Tomas is being stashed in all your leagues but he just got called up. Why the Diamondbacks sent him to AAA for 10 days is beyond me.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Tomas is gonna make an immediate impact like other cuban players have.

I agree but I'd consider stashing him in some leagues to see how things play out with his production and playing time.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I kind of hope Shields plunks Bryant in his first AB today.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

@CloserNews posted:

Royals announce that they've placed G. Holland on the 15-day DL with a strained pectoral. Wade Davis appears likely to close in his absence.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Pick up Travis but don't drop Ozuna...

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Welcome to Dropsville, Shin-soo Choo.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd give Ozuna a couple more weeks, he is hitting .288!

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
It's very strange that Guerrero doesn't have 2B eligibility on Yahoo, as he played 50+ games there last year in the minors. At least he'll be getting 3B with one more start.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
:love: :swoon: :love: :swoon: Devon Travis :love: :swoon: :love: :swoon:

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Biggest Cutch red flag for me is 0 steals and only one attempt. If Cutch hits his usual .315 with 22 homers but only chips in 5-7 steals instead of his usual 20, he is no longer a top 5 player.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

liveandlove posted:

Do i mash accept on this

My Mookie betts for his matt carpenter?

I have Arenado and Donaldson, would be another utility slot, 12 team h2h

ABORT

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I wouldn't trade Hanley, who is absolutely raking in a stacked lineup, for a guy on the DL with murky return status. Unless Hanley gets hurt, he will have the same or better trade value later on in the season as he does today, so you can always trade him later if you are out of contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
McCutchen has only seen 420 pitches so far this year. 3% is 12.6. This is really too small of a sample size to determine anything.

• Locked thread