Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Nice OP babe.

Also. New thread smell, same old shitposts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

how me a frog posted:

On a scale from 0 to Terraria, how fun is the game after this update?

what kind of scale goes from 1 to 1?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Wow, this thread is full of nothing but shitposts and trolling.

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Guys, be careful becaus theres a gamebreaking bug. which is that the game is incomplete and lovely

Stay Safe, Starbounders.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Jackard posted:

Alas, it is missing the "better dungeon platforming" fix.

why dont you take that attitude to the game dev thread and see where that gets you.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I have Tiy as a Tulpa, he whispers me secrets about things such as starbound.

he tells me that they pretty much ripped the engine out of Terraria, and the big hiatus was becaus relogic found out, scared that they would be hit with a Penile hammer, they went out to find a different engine to steal.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Literally Kermit posted:

gently caress, I'd play it.

What kind of spaceship do they get?

One in diapers.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

Give me a good game.

There was a real good one we all played awhile back

The waiting game

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Supernorn posted:

I think you've established that one of the biggest problems is time. Things take longer than expected, but that doesn't mean there's zero direction. Right now it's actually an even split, so the 80% you pulled out just isn't true in any way.

Supernorn, why is it that every game you touch either has poo poo in it or is poo poo?
just admit it, norn, you like scat.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Supernorn, please tell me why this gayme is nowhere near done, but Chasm, a 2D platformer/metroidvania that kickstarted around the same time as this heap did, is going to be releasing real soon, like a few weeks soon.

I guess what im trying to say is everyone who at least likes non-poo poo things should get Chasm.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

dog kisser posted:

Hey I'm restarting work on the Peglaci because I want it to be done properly

Also I will never escape modding ever please kill me

Move onto Fo4 when its released.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Falsum posted:

Seconding that, I like what I played of Chasm.

Thats good to hear.

on a related note, if you arent Tiy and dont have pleb tastes, Mother 4 should be coming out some time soon aswell.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Supernorn posted:

serious answer: There's a lot of things moving forward at once right now that will ultimately tie into each other. There's big changes to combat, we just got the functionality to do a lot more interesting stuff with weapons now, the economy stuff is starting to come together with the pricing of items and buying/selling interface, the colony system is making good progress, the main story-line pieces are being put in place, with the main missions being worked on simultaneously, all the current quest stuff is placeholder for progression so that's getting a second pass on it soon. It depends a lot on what you consider fluff pieces.

My questions were serious too and also needed to be answered.

This Q/A has been rigged. and Cicadas, I'm sorry, but you're a shill

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Bringing back sandmining would go against the direction of the game, which is to be as unfun as possible.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I miss good video games.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

it depends on whether or not you think alpacas make a game more playable

I dont, infact i think it makes the game worse.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

Too bad it's been like 2 years since I purchased Starbound, and therefore, cannot use the Steam Refund System to gain back my dignity.

You lost that when you spent :tenbux: to post on this lovely forum.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I like the forest parallax, looks pretty cool.

oh, im supposed to make some sort of joke against starbound, let me think.

I find the fact that this game has only two very defined genders as male and female to be very problematic.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

A polite applause and laughter from the audience. A single individual even goes so far as to "Woo!" in support.

I would have also accepted "YOU SUCK MCBAIN".

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
How is this thread not dead, especially when the game is.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Deakul posted:

starbound

more like...

star....
BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvoted

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

It's literally Diablo, Castlevania, Terraria, Minecraft, and Pokemon mixed together, but only the best parts.

Funny, I dont remember a loot system similar to Diablos, Castlevanias general theme, Terrarias Apache's. and everything even related to pokemon in SB.

it does have Minecrafts Autism though.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd be cool if Starbound took a page or 50 from Animal Crossing's playbook, except without removing the mining, space travel, and combat (that needs to be fixed).

Build a sense of community between users. Make it so some items just never, ever spawn in some people's universe, or just rarely on a small percentage of planets, and then implement some sort of mail system. It sounds minor, but I'd love that poo poo. Have something that offers asynchronous multiplayer, because we all know how much of a hassle a server is to run, resource-wise.

we're already getting stardew valley.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That looks like it plays like something that came out of RPG Maker, except with someone who could draw worth a drat.

I think its supposed to be similar to the GBA version of Harvest moon in that regard, dont know where you're getting RPG Maker.

Either way, 100% better than Starbound.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

"a game next to nobody has been able to play and i myself have only seen previews of that's being published by a company known for pissing off its clients is totally gonna be 100% better than starbound"
-kurt cobain

In my defense, even Bad Rats 2 would be better than starbound.

Michaellaneous posted:

Can I get a chargeback for this because the product is unfinished and does not meet the promised expectations.

if you spent below 10 hours "lol, how can you say you've hated it if you've barely played it"
if you spent above 10 hours "lol you spent a pretty good amount of time on it, clearly you enjoyed it"

Sorry brah, this is the future you chose.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait what? Is that real?

I didnt actually mean they was making one, but apperently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApOFe9ODZY

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

It has gated content and everything!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Starbound: Are you a Bad enough game to never be completed?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

Counterpoint: If starbound is at its worst right now, it can only go up from this point until it supposedly gets worse again

Starbound is a blackhole of suck, sorry fam.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Oh hey, a new patch finally dropped, guess something caused Adam to clinch his sphincter.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

It did just delete my guy and savegame which is apparently unrecoverable because in TYOOL 2015 we don't have a backup save or a cloud backup or anything so that's awesome. Wait, is this a roguelike?

No, its a bad game.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I would like to point out that the OP, aswell as babe magnet, is actually pretty good as it actually has some effort put into it, unlike starbound itself.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
This game is the Big Rigs of Metroidvania's, Pound for Starpound.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Lovely Senorita posted:

you need to get out of there already Supernorn

this game is already on a pedestal with Star Citizen

Ah, StarShitizen, the lolcow of videogames.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

When it hits 99 million like Star citizen let me know. Tiy hasn't fleeced us enough. Bring out the dlcs.

GrimCreeped again.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Starbound: A Study in buyers remorse on the internet

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Yes, were else would we go to hate StarBound?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

You can do Dark Souls (slow, impactful, tactical) style combat in a 2D game, Salt and Sanctuary looks super fun. The big difference is that the Salt and Sanctuary devs have always known what they want their combat to be, and Starbound devs are just making poo poo up as they go along.

ah, i see you're taking the 'shitpost' approach rather professionally. i like it.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games › Starbound: You're not missing much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

game... BAD *beats chest*

Upvoted, liked, and favorited

• Locked thread