Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Crell posted:

who got the FOTN/POTN

FOTN: Leites/Boetsch POTN: Alves and Leites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
LOL McMann broke Miesha's orbital. It's a shame she doesn't train somewhere good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i dont really want to see Silva fight anymore. he should go out on this one

nah. Anderson's best days are behind him but I don't think Anderson looked terrible out there. He could fight a top ranked 185 or GSP like other people suggested and he'd do okay and could win, which is worth it cause this Diaz fight didn't amount to much. It ain't like he looked like BJ Penn last summer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

K8.0 posted:

LOL McMann broke Miesha's orbital. It's a shame she doesn't train somewhere good.

The light thing makes it sound like she got a concussion too.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

K8.0 posted:

yeah it's a shame she made 16k for the Rousey fight because she desperately needs to leave her lovely camp and go somewhere where they have a BJJ coach

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Alves fights so infrequently that I forgot his head looks like my computer is stretching a 4:3 picture to widescreen.

This is the nerdiest description yet it's so drat accurate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

The light thing makes it sound like she got a concussion too.

i am unsurprised. you could see some real power in those shots. if someone so much as sends her jiu jitsu university she'll be a perennial number 1 contender, imo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bubba Smith posted:

nah. Anderson's best days are behind him but I don't think Anderson looked terrible out there. He could fight a top ranked 185 or GSP like other people suggested and he'd do okay and could win, which is worth it cause this Diaz fight didn't amount to much. It ain't like he looked like BJ Penn last summer.

i just thought he looked a step slower and very nervous. a gsp fight would be cool, but any of the top 5 at mw i dont wanna see

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Anderson's english is getting really good.

"I say helax. Go back to home, talk to family, and done." :3:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Anderson is a better fighter than Chael and a better interview.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I assumed Anderson's son was like 5.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Man when you get Anderson without the Ed Soares bullshit filter in the way he really owns.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

He seems like a really nice guy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone please gif Anderson waving.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

When I talk to Jon Jones I say, "bro I need you to stop."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I assumed Anderson's son was like 5.

He's talking about his oldest son who is 17 or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1st AD posted:

He's talking about his oldest son who is 17 or something.

I know that's why I was surprised. The way he was talking before it sounded like a really young kid.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did they say Nate is coming out? :dance:

Aww, I guess not.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

No questions for black Dana.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
questions for black dana holy poo poo

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

Did they say Nate is coming out? :dance:

5 minutes 5 minutes

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
lmao Mr. The Black Dana

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the best post fight press conference since UFC 100 where 2 hours after the show it was just Dana and Hendo shooting the poo poo with reporters.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the first round of Silva vs. Diaz reminded me why I love MMA

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I really don't know what to think about that main event. Tate is all hosed up with a broken orbital and I still can't believe she was in what I would consider an entertaining fight. I don't like her very much and wanted to see her lose but tonight she had a good fight vs McMann. One of the better fights on he card.

The brunson knock out was god drat hilarious. Alves kick that made Mein look like a gasping raptor was unexpected and pretty awesome as well. There was a lot of fun stuff tonight. UFC 183 was pretty cool and worthwhile compared to the jones vs cormier poo poo fest (rest of card).

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

Anderson's english is getting really good.

"I say helax. Go back to home, talk to family, and done." :3:

Yeah. Ever since Chael called him out for pretending to not speak English he has been speaking without a translator.

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm not a big Silva fan, but I really don't want to risk Jacare or Vitor steamrolling him inside a round. This is a cruel sport we watch and I'm trying to get away from negativity. Silva should retire now or fight Lisping then retire.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MysteryNad posted:

FOTN: Leites/Boetsch

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
What happened tho

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At the press conference Silva basically said Diaz was his biggest [name] opponent in the UFC.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

This is so funny. No one would have imagined this with all the other fights such as Lauzon and Anderson Silva fighting but yet here we are in 2015 where Tim Boetsch gets choked outa nd it is considered fight of the night. That fight was rad.

Iaquinta was looking pretty good tonight. It will be interesting to see who they pair him up with next.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
boetsch is developing something of a penchant for getting choked out in rad ways and i'm ok with this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

tesilential posted:

I'm not a big Silva fan, but I really don't want to risk Jacare or Vitor steamrolling him inside a round. This is a cruel sport we watch and I'm trying to get away from negativity. Silva should retire now or fight Lisping then retire.

I don't really think this would happen.

Silva might have looked a little gunshy but he wasn't doing poorly or anything.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log posted:

I don't really think this would happen.

Silva might have looked a little gunshy but he wasn't doing poorly or anything.

But Diaz presented exactly zero threat and Silva wasn't able to really do much. Dude this is like Jon Jones looking pretty good against CB dolloway.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
luckily after that fight no one is clamoring for silva to fight anyone good

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or anyone at all

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

tesilential posted:

But [at least 2 other previous fighters] presented exactly zero threat and Silva wasn't able to really do much.

Hmmmm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When I see Boetsch and choke together, I am reminded of the demise of our friend Yushin Okami and feel a little bit down.

And Silva absolutely pulverised Maia for 2 rounds and had him looking like chunk. He was absolutely and undeniably destroying him until he went funny and stopped fighting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aurain posted:

When I see Boetsch and choke together, I am reminded of the demise of our friend Yushin Okami and feel a little bit down.

why that was loving sick

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yushin Okami was a neat guy and Boetsch isn't as neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

tesilential posted:

But Diaz presented exactly zero threat and Silva wasn't able to really do much. Dude this is like Jon Jones looking pretty good against CB dolloway.

Anderson will always be a counter fighter and a fight against someone who isn't offering him anything will devolve into a dance contest punctuated by occasional violence.

One thing I was surprised by is that Anderson couldn't get thai plum when he was fishing for it.

• Locked thread