Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lineker dedicated to never, ever getting a title shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lineker is directly responsible for mm / babystani and i'll never forgive him for that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lauzon iaquinta is such a loving rad fight and those cats aren't even ranked. lightweight owns.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol kelvin looked like he was walking to his execution and he apparently had one hell of a last meal

lol

seriously, dude was fat at mw and pudgy at ww. kelvin man, come on.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the stockton 209 shoutout made me feel good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

Hmmm Sholler twiited that they will have announcements about Kelvin and Lineker fights

And few minutes ago

Hopefully they wont cancel Kelvins fight

they didn't cancel rumble / vitor, just stipulated that rumble had to weigh no more than x on fight day iirc

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Also quite that we'll see Mighty Mouse back at 135, as they're a bit short on healthy contenders there right now.

that would happen only for a superfight with dillashaw. it wouldn' t look good if mm just went up to face 'some guy' at 135 because his division was abysmal

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

didn't it used to be 20%?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nick diaz is dumb but he knows fighting and he must know that the style match up is not favorable

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

After the GSP fight he said at the post-fight presser that he still thinks he can win vs GSP.

apples and oranges for a huge number of reasons.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't know how you can tell the difference between a serious meisha and a not serious meisha because she is just perpetually poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ronda wasn't an ace on the feet before but is currently the best striker in W135.

holly holm

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

THE BUTT MAN posted:

theoretically Holly Holm is a good fighter and Neil Magny exists but neither can be conclusively proven by any modern scientific means

nah holly holm is a good boxer. i'm not even sure she'll be remotely competitive against somebody who can grapple at all.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah i thought we were supposed to be live now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

vainman posted:

Helwani says the Brandao/Hettes fight is off. Hettes caught Kelvin's flu and is too sick to fight.

bummer. would have been a real good fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gil is loving terrible on television. maybe terrible is unfair, but he's loving boring.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's absolutely believable that the diaz's would work with gil for so long and not appropriate his wrestling or his amazing manager

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

K8.0 posted:

Cat has a better skillset than Holly Holm by far. Holly is not a one shot KO artist, and with her massive grappling deficiency that would be her only avenue to victory. She can't run backwards fast enough to avoid getting clinched and then obliterated because Ronda can just turtle up, ignore her punches and bully her way in. Cat actually has a small chance to do enough damage to put Ronda in a position where she could get finished.

i completely agree. holly would have to spend 25 minutes perfectly controlling the distance and never, ever letting ronda clinch or she will lose quickly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

enz's dfensive footwork is loving awful. he'll probably get clipped and die.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Count Roland posted:

Its funny how Anderson has two losses in a row and hasn't fought in ages and is old but is still the #1 contender.

no it isn't

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

5 minutes of nothing. awesome.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

non top 10 middleweight fights should be held in a tuf cage with no cameras. post the results somewhere. they are all like this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

and who the gently caress brings in paul harris for their corner. the other guy should have brought the guy who plays hodor in character

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i understand you just 'won' a 'fight' iuri, but you should not be looking anything other than ashamed

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i was impressed when woodley was handily loving up condit and exploding koscheck and then proceeded to give us the rory fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

How does Anderson still have that #1 spot after a year of inactivity and two straight losses? MMA journalists don't even pretend to have a system.

you are the second person to express incredulity at this without taking into account that anyone not named chris weidman would almost definitely lose to anderson silva

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I have no doubt that Anderson would beat them, but it's just weird to have a guy drop two fights and go out for an entire year and he's still holding the top spot. Rankings don't mean poo poo, but they should probably just include active fighters.

as fd just pointed out, rankings most definitely mean poo poo now re: reebok

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

my favorite bit about this fight is the amazing amount of strikes watson missed. it was riddle-esque

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Rockhold would get murdered.

why are you responding to the guy who's spent the last few months aggressively trying to horn in on atom's schtick?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

NC originally a UD win for natal overturned when it came to light that natal snuck into watson's room the night before the fight and shortened all of his limbs by 5 inches

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if lineker wins this i'm execting dana to immediately backflip and book mm / lineker because there is loving noone for mm atm

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

pretty clear lineker win, which is a shame because mm / creepy has potential to own a whole big bunch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

Man creepy is just done as a contender.

really stupid thing to say at flyweight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

hits a little harder than Dodson

i don't think so

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ed herman loving sucks and all his fights suck

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sick knockout, cool dance

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ed Herman posted:

You can laugh

don't mind if i do

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this will be the worst fight on the card. this will be the worst fight on any card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo that lead rear uppercut to literally nothing made me laugh spontaneously

• Locked thread