Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Lotish posted:

Camp. Buffs. Never miss again.
It was a short dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

So the camp buff doesn't wear off until the next time you camp? I've never frontloaded before.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 12, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

That sounds like an oversight and will eventually get patched, best use it while you can.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

E: Hmm that's odd, I'd expect them to limited to a certain number of rooms

Dackel posted:

What else would the point of camp buffs be...?
Using them from the start of a medium dungeon and lasting until the very end doesn't sound intended

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 12, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Quote is not edit

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seems like people recommending you should always camp early means that someone is in the wrong, either those people are mistaken or the devs haven't left players much of a choice.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea I'm glad they nerfed blanket fire crit but bandits still killed my leper party

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I've been fiddling around in total darkness a bit recently to farm and it seems like the possibility only arises once you've dropped below 25 torchlight, then enemies can start reappearing.
I've seen enemy markers reappear on the map when backtracking in full light.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

1) Nerf the ability to freely pick abilities. If you're at the wagon choosing between two characters of a given class, and one has good quirks and the other comes with a great skill loadout, you'll pick the first one every time, because the difference only represents a couple thousand gold's worth of investment, which is largely inconsequential. I wouldn't remove this entirely, but if characters were limited to only learning say, 6 of their class's 8 skills, even though that still doesn't cut off your ability to tailor a character to what you want them to be, but it also means that you'll have a little more distinction between them.
Gave myself a "no learning" handicap because everyone started feeling the same and restarted with no suicide runs; seems alright so far. The small max roster is still painful when you have a multiple teams at varying levels.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 15, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Onkel Hedwig posted:

"Ambushed by bowel invention!"
"The poor caretaker! I believe his longstanding duties here have... perfected him."

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Motherfucker. Thought this was an Explore and turned back when I saw a Wall so close to the start.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I totally missed the plague doctor was a woman. :psyduck:

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The Jester may be also.

..new arrival at the stagecoach.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Respect the gender identity of your adventurers, please.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

In this case we don't even know what the die size is. It could be 1-100 + speed, 1-1000, who knows. But yes, speed does matter for rounds after the first.
Obviously it cannot be anything that high, or you wouldn't notice a difference in SPD.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

lunatikfringe posted:

In other words, remove the crit from low light, increase the surprise modifiers to the RNG for surprise event. (high light favors greatly the player, low light favors the enemy) This makes low light much more challenging for the increased rewards.
What about the quirks and trinkets affected by light levels?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Macaluso posted:

The music is getting a little repetitive though :shobon: I might turn that off soon and just have other poo poo playing
In case you haven't heard them yet, several of the tracks have a "desperate" version that plays whenever you reach low torchlight... might also play at low party health but I'm not sure.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 17, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GenericOverusedName posted:

Are they in the game files somewhere? I took a quick peek at the folder in the steamapps directory and didn't find anything, but I wasn't very thorough.
Check out the last half of this track for an example. It's all the same track, but the game loops different bits depending on the situation. The "desperate" bits are more exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzozKEl_r7s

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 17, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Retreating from combat just triggered a scout check! I didn't realize that was possible.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Man I just had the most satisfying boss fight. Two virtuous healers and one rear end in a top hat with a clean gun.

The vestal kept blessing the party with +15% damage

Highwayman was on DD more than once but managed to kill the necromancer.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I've had marked guys get focus fired; not fun times

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe they should just lock positive quirks. Swapping them only makes characters less distinctive and memorable.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 18, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You can learn new skills and all that does is make everyone feel the same. This would be no different.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard posted:

In case you haven't heard them yet, several of the tracks have a "desperate" version that plays whenever you reach low torchlight... might also play at low party health but I'm not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzozKEl_r7s

(Check out the last half of this for an example. It's all the same track, but the game loops different bits depending on the situation.)
Not sure about the low torchlight anymore... noticed the track change just now, but it was immediately after my vestal went over 80 stress. My torchlight was Shadowy-38 from the start.

E: Ha they just made her go Stalwart, :fuckoff:, the desperate version remained playing afterward

E2: Could be low torchlight affects exploration tracks and high stress affects combat tracks..?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 19, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

As much as it is a very silly mechanic, importing a friend list from Facebook would be great for this game.
Haha :drat:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

But they are soulless. Every single highway man has the same lines as every other highway man. There is nothing unique about any of your lepers. Steve the Plague Doctor and Bill the Plague Doctor are basically the same person.
Send this one to journey elsewhere, for we have need of sterner stock

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Apple2o posted:

Let's go make tons of unique lines for Dismas; so everyone can not ever hear them when he dies in the tutorial.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Expecting tantrums over the starting difficulty but no it's about the speech bubbles :laffo:

halp, my guys talk too much!!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

but people have been complaining about the *lack* of difficulty.
Yes, once you get past the start. Work on those reading skills, my man

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

HogX posted:

In fact they should just get rid of the characters, and instead you have to choose between floating weapons to take on adventures
:eyepop:

I think I can actually mod this

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I always forget to take my good ones off people resting in town.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

MadHat posted:

Protip: You can switch between characters without closing the Trinket window if you open their inventory via the Right Side List instead of the Embark Slots.

Point still stands that a bunch of UI could be streamlined.
Maybe if the ones embarking were temporarily shuffled to the top of the right-side list, so rightclicking them didn't involve scrolling... or if the embark slots weren't covered up

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: I kinda wish they'd allow, say, 3-4 of each class maximum on the roster instead of limiting it to 20 total. I know it's to force you to pick and choose who goes in for therapy/treatment and who to take on runs, but I want more options somehow, since there's so many classes with more on the way, but I'm not sure how they'd balance it.
Well, at least the files are open enough to change it yourself:

i like crusader :downs: (6th one died on the Hag)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Antares posted:

All my lepers, all my vestals, all my highwaymen etc. are essentially interchangeable.
That's why I stopped learning new skills, but that handicap necessitates a larger roster for experimenting with parties because your guys are no longer optimal

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The pigs inflicting any disease is an interesting idea in theory, but in practice combined with their stress inducing attacks, speed and dodge, they are just anything but fun to fight.
Just cannot see why I should ever go to the Warrens. The other two are much less annoying.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Cuz you just love fighting those Swine Gorer assholes that have a crit chance of like %50 and all their attacks shift them backwards out of reach of your heavy hitters?
Hard to tell whether these are higher priority targets than +stress or +disease mobs. Everything in that dungeon is obnoxious

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, they must have removed it with a patch or something, because I can't find them now, but I swear it was there a couple of weeks back. I still remember some of the monsters.
Here were some of them, spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/2M4BT

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

> How much money should I be spending on provisions? My first two attempts at dungeon crawling haven't gone well in large part because I feel like I scrimped on necessary equipment.
This is what I go by

Short:
4-8 food
4-6 torches
1 shovel
0-1 key

Medium:
12 food
8 torches
2 shovel
1-2 key

Might want to bring an extra shovel for Weald.

With Occultist:
+2 bandage

Optional in Weald:
medicinal herbs for animal carcass
antivenom for old tree
bandage for mummified remains
shovel for shallow grave

Optional in Ruins:
holy water for light altar, decorative urn, confession booth, or holy fountain
medicinal herbs for iron maiden or alchemy table

In Warrens:
burn every scroll for negative quirk removal
i dont go here

Jackard fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 1, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

If you're doing an LP of an unfinished game I don't know why you didn't plan for when you eventually ran out of content.
If you are doing reader input for things such as party makeup and hamlet upgrades then LPing is like another handicap playthrough

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sounds like a cross between LP and PbP, pretty cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Recently I was able to try this on a Win8 tablet... it almost works as-is, but there is no rightclick so you cannot check stats or scroll the map.

The autosave would make this a decent portable timewaster.