Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Internet Kraken posted:

Not being able to heal outside of combat is odd though. Makes me feel like the optimal way to play is to prolong combat against one enemy while a priest heals, which seems scummy.

You can force feed people food for heals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Darkest Dungeon AGDQ 2016 will feature a Darkest Dungeon run with level 1 Reynauld and Dismas.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Been using Jester, and he's not bad at all? He basically ensures that my team comes back with no stress. Granted, I just have Solo/Finale and the two buffs. There's nothing wrong with a character that is just straight up used for utility, especially one that mitigates stress completely.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or you could use a houndmaster / crusader who can also do the stress heal job but who are also not poo poo at everything else.

But I'm using the Houndmaster and Crusader to kill people??? How am I supposed to heal stress if I'm hitting dudes in the face instead. Well I mean other than crits, which the Jester will happily provide with his buff.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
People dismissing characters should just bring heavily afflicted guys to the Cove. I have never seen so many quirk clearing interactions :psyduck:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
If I need to get rid of negative quirks, I just do a few cove runs. Eerie coral is common enough that I usually run into 4-5 of them on a medium run.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
If you guys are running out of money, maybe you should sell some trinkets. There are tens of thousands of dungeonbux in it for you if you're even just a few weeks in.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

GlennFinito posted:

At what lvl is it a good time to lock in perks?

edit; just started a mission and forgot to buy shovels...first tile is a thorny thicket..the second tile is a..thorny thicket :smith:

Holy poo poo, 14 torches on a short run? C'mon man.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Are there any negatives to keeping diseases? Been trying to get rabies on all my heavy hitters.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
The one complaint I have about curio interactions is not being able to right click on an item to auto-use it. Click and dragging is such a chore.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Zaphod42 posted:

Challenge of the month: Play with only Jesters

That doesn't seem very hard considering you can give all your enemies -40 accuracy on the first turn before they move because jesters are pretty fast.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Every time one of my houndmasters gets charmed by the siren, they just lick their wounds.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I only ever pay to use the tavern/church whenever one of my guys gets afflicted. Eventually you get enough people that you can just send out a different team each time and let people destress naturally. Also maybe run jesters instead of listening to people who say they're bad???

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

or use a houndmaster who is better in every way :woof:

Or you could run both.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
The problem is, I'm sure there are people who really do think the swine royalty fight is a damage race. The fact that there are complaining about it proves it.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Stop sending all your guys to the church/tavern. They can destress naturally if they sit around in town and you have enough teams to send out. Short runs should never have more than 8 food (BRING MORE FOOD IF YOU HAVE QUIRKS THAT MAKE YOU EAT MORE, but never more than 2 hunger events worth), and never more than 4 torches. Only bring consumables that you know will be used in that specific dungeon or just bring 2 of everything, unless you are doing a cleanse run in the Cove (4 medicinal herbs should be fine). Do not use those torches at all unless you absolutely must/want to finish the mission but can't because your guys are too injured/stressed and you need to scout. As you near the end of a run, start replacing the consumables you do have with gold and gems that you pick up. Gems stack up to 4, I think? So a full stack of 250 price gems is worse than a full stack of gold.

You do not need consumables for every single curio because you will be throwing away a lot of poo poo if you do this. Use consumables from containers before closing the menu so you get some use (like healing up when you get a huge cache of food). Leave empty trinket slots on your characters so you can slap in useless trinkets you pick up to save room in your inventory. When you get back to the hamlet, sell your useless trinkets.

EDIT: Cove runs are great. Medicinal herbs in eerie coral removes negative quirks, even permanent ones. The problem is you probably want to bring a decent team because those fish people loving hurt.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 27, 2016

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Another solution if you have a lot of guys with stress: take them out on a medium length mission and immediately camp. Make sure you have a lot of team-wide stress relief camp skills. Maybe top them off with in combat stress relievers. I very often will be able to complete a medium length mission without using my firewood, but use it anyway just to end the mission with 0 stress and full health.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Darth Windu posted:

What's those precious

Flagellate also gives you potential stat debuffs that last for a while.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 27, 2016

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Snak posted:

So yeah. 4th boss attempt ever. Made it to the second room before RNG killed two of my party members. 4 failed retreats.

RIP bounty hunter, crusader, and my trinkets. And my money.

Are you capable of streaming your games? I'm very curious to see what's going on here.

EDIT: Or well, I can stream, and you can take a look to see what I'm doing: http://www.hitbox.tv/TastyLemonDrops

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 27, 2016

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Snak posted:

Oh man, breezed through the level on the way to the hag. 2 guys died fighting the hag, and there was basically coinflip to see if the Arbalest's blind shot killed the hag. It hit the pot instead, and the only survivor of the fight ended up being the highwayman who was in the pot, who retreated when he got dumped out.

Shoulda went for the kill with him. Even if you failed, there's an achievement for party wiping on a boss.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Dark runs are better simply because the game is too easy otherwise. And fights aren't that difficult at 0 light anyway. I really would like to see videos of people playing, because from all the streams I've seen, people don't actually know how to play the game 'properly.' People keep saying jesters are bad, but I've been making excellent use of them. A 4 jester team is completely overpowered too.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
4 jesters can just lead with 4 solos. Because they're fast, they usually go before enemies. That's -40 accuracy with a level 1 skill on the first turn.

I'll restart my campaign and stream it when I get home, and leave the recording as videos. I'll even make an effort to have a 4 jester A-team.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

TastyLemonDrops posted:

4 jesters can just lead with 4 solos. Because they're fast, they usually go before enemies. That's -40 accuracy with a level 1 skill on the first turn.

I'll restart my campaign and stream it when I get home, and leave the recording as videos. I'll even make an effort to have a 4 jester A-team.

Streaming now: http://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops

Come make fun of me when I get demolished because I was so confident.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ranter posted:

This is boring because:

1. No 4 jester parties
2. You don't have a microphone
3. You don't respond to chat

1) You need 4 jesters to have a 4 jester party.
2) I do, but it's off because people are sleeping.
3) I responded to you and then you left without responding back. :colbert:

I had mentioned that the Jester went last because he had Off Guard, which is far worse than Kleptomaniac, I think. -4 speed and -5 dodge on the first turn of fights is ludicrous. Also I can't do anything about the jester problem until I actually get 4 jesters!

That being said, have a two hour recording in which I have no money problems and minimal staff problems despite running dark. Only one person died, and he was a level 0 mook. Got an achievement for it so whatever! The game is absolutely boring if you just pop torches whenever you dip under 75.

http://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops/videos

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Don't forget plague doctors have incision, if you want some immediate damage. Pretty useful when you run plague doctors in the warrens/weald.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Afraid of Audio posted:

let me tell you accidentally forgetting to bring torches to an expedition is the most tense poo poo

Use campfire logs if you need light in med/long expeditions. All you actually need is food.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Afraid of Audio posted:

i did, but that can only stave off the darkness so much

and then: instant shambler

No I mean, you generally don't need to camp unless your team is in trouble... and you shouldn't really care about being at 0 darkness unless your team is in trouble. They go hand in hand. I'll take torches on short and long trips, but never medium ones.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My first time going after the 8 pounder almost wiped me. I only had one dedicated back line guy for the torch man so whenever he didn't crit, the cannon blew my dudes up. I had three of them on death's door and got lucky with a retreat.

It seems I'm really lucky when fighting the pounders. The only time one ever got through, it was a misfire.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

GlennFinito posted:

How does this team work? What trinkets? etc?

How does it not work? Jester for buffs/stress relief, vestal for stuns and heals, graverobber for crits 24/7 and leper one shots things in the first two rows. Leper can also stress and regular heal if jester and vestal can't keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Phrasing posted:

Another successful Long Weald 0 stress run but this party is really awkward. In what situations do you guys like to have the Houndmaster in position 1?

When I run a 4 Houndmaster team.