Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

how me a frog posted:

I think this is really the biggest problem atm. There are quite clearly some classes that are a lot better overall than others. Does anyone even use plague doctors the hell is that dweeb even for.

The PD has a good bleed and can stun the back two spots, which is nice but not as useful as the Hellion's skill set, and the PD is much more fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It'd be nice if they could restore HP.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My Hellion and Highwayman stacked 11 bleed tics on a swinataur yesterday. And since the moves that put those bleeds out are really damaging just on their own, the guy basically bled out before he could do anything.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

Some dudes on the DD forums claim that disorienting blast is completely tits, but in the same post they also say that grave robber is useless so I basically have no idea.

Early on for me Gravediggers seem really swingy because all their abilities except for the self buff are damage, many with -damage % mods and their weapons are not great damage to begin with. My first two gravediggers were never very good, but after they died I got two more that just seem to lay out all sorts of hurt and burst things down like champs. If they crit, they mess poo poo up. Crits are insanely powerful in this game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Any tips on apprentice necromancer? It's a very large dungeon and I'm having trouble even getting to the boss (haven't even seen it yet). I try to hold off my camp as long as I can but find I'm having to use it 1/3 of the way through the dungeon, then being forced to retreat a few rooms from the end. I'll have a good thing going, but all it takes is one surprise attack and I'll go into a stress spiral. Now that I'm figuring out the game more health isn't a big concern, it's always stress.

Two crusaders with Holy Lance will chump him right quick. Let them Smite while he's in the front two rows, then leap frog when he's in the back.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

cyanidewolf posted:

Welp, that ancestral leper mask (Berserk Mask) that increases minimum damage but decreases maximum damage? Put two of those on your leper and use hew, your minimum damage is now higher than your maximum and it breaks the integer value, making the skill hit for 2 billion. :getin:

:laffo:

Now go gently caress up the Hag. Wrath of the Leper!

edit: I'm legit curious what happens if you do a billion damage to her pot; does it die or stay alive with zero HP?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 6, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I admit I haven't tried him in higher level dungeons, but I love the Bounty Hunter's stun+shuffle Flashbang and basically use him exclusively for flexible control.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

*Hellion gets put into Death's Door with blight*
Plague Doctor: You cannot die! We need you! :(
*Cure Failed!*
*DEATHBLOW*

Cures being able to fail is the dumbest poo poo that makes the plague doctor even more worthless.

Especially if the ability does nothing else. I mean, if the ability healed even a tiny amount it would be passable.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

cyanidewolf posted:

Uncertainty dismissed with a single strike!

Where is your god now, Hag?

Goldmine this post.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Zurai posted:

Can someone explain to me why enemies with (supposedly) 0 dodge, dodge attacks constantly, frequently 4 or 5 in a row?

Base accuracy is not great on some attacks. Like, the Lepers basic attack shows me a 56% chance to hit unupgraded.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hardest part of this game for me is coming up with names for all my guys. I've burned through a lot of my favorites, and I can't just leave them with generic names, my god no.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Verviticus posted:

goddamn the stress reduction on the crusader's camp skill when he's afflicted is amazing

if i have seven traits on either side and get an 8th, does it always just over-write the last one?

I wish I was sure about this. I have a crusader with maxed out positive traits and he keeps getting more, but I'm never paying enough attention to notice which one gets replaced. I wish it was like Pokemon learning new abilities and you got to select which one you wanted to forget.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Jackard posted:

I use generator at http://www.behindthename.com/

Female Celtic for Hellion, etc

My first result, choosing Russian:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

PrinnySquadron posted:

I run down to something like 125, went "gently caress it, I'll suicide a team on a "Clear 100% room battles"

They cleared it, only losing one person and one person stress breaking.

There was only one actual room battle to clear, and it had a big chest! :v:

That's the reason I like the "clear 100 room battles" objective more than the "clear 90% of rooms" objective--sometimes you luck out and clear all the room battles in less than five minutes. :v:

e. also I just realized that the Warrens area is a reference to The House on the Borderlands. Mutant pig-men living in tunnels underneath a remote estate.

This image from one of the House on the Borderlands adaptations looks familiar.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The other two dungeons haven't been released yet, so a win condition if any is going to have to wait.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I am puzzled: I have a highwayman who, for some reason, has a -43% Other to damage. So when he uses grapeshot, he's got -93% damage. I've checked his negative traits, and he has a -10% from "light sensitive" and a trinket that has -8%, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the other -25% is coming from.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Man, Hellions seem to get the best trinkets. I've got two that add great bleed bonuses and resistances, and just picked up a third that increases affliction and deathblow resistance by 12%.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well I finally built up a team that I trusted with facing the Swine Prince that wasn't so high they'd refuse the job. A leper with the +Acc camp buff, a Hellion with the +crit camp buff, and an occultist with the a +damage camp buff and a bounty hunter to land hits on marks and a +acc camp buff. Had excellent scouting luck and only had to handle two fights on the way to the boss, then camped for all the buffs, stepped inside, and ended the fight by round three because we were making GBS threads out so much damage. With all the buffs on, my Leper's minimum damage from his weakest attack (Initimidate) was more than Wilbur had health. So I went to every fight on the map as a victory lap and completely steamrolled everything. Everyone came out of it with positive quirks, to boot. Glorious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

FrickenMoron posted:

How the gently caress does the Berserk Mask for the leper LOWER his maximum damage despite saying its increasing it? :psyduck:

There are currently so many bad trinkets in the game, its amazing.

cyanidewolf posted:

Leper with one Berserk Mask is not great. Leper with two Berserk Masks however..

Just in case FrickenMoron missed what you're talking about :

cyanidewolf posted:

Uncertainty dismissed with a single strike!

Two berserk masks breaks the math.

I have yet to find one, however.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Has anyone else ended up with a bug where Crusaders count as one resolve level higher than they actually are for purposes of upgrades? I can immediately upgrade the gear and skills of level 0 crusaders I hire, and my best crusaders can have one level better armor and weapons.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Huh, new bug: Put a graverobber trinket on a graverobber, and it turned into the number 409 and can't be removed or replaced. In fact, that graverobber can't equip any trinkets at all now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Man if you buff with a Occultist's +damage and a Hellion's +damage-to-size 2-monsters before fighting the Swine King you can gently caress him up in a real god-drat hurry.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm not convinced that surprise boosts aren't bugged and actually increase your chance of being surprised, because I always seem to be surprised immediately after using a camp move that reduce surprise chance.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Demicol posted:

Yes, I know. Isn't that what I said? That is probably why they put in the restriction so you cant grind to max level with no danger in level 1 dungeons.

Edit: Speaking of leveling up. Do you get EXP for kills or just a chunk for completing the dungeon?

Only for completing a quest. You can kill everything in a dungeon and if you don't find the thing you're supposed to activate or go into the last room or whatever the terms of your quest are you'll get nothing but the loot, some stress and a greater chance of negative quirks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

gently caress the Hag. That is all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Genocyber posted:

I don't get how people are saying it's harder early on. It's super easy early on, with the only tough part being the first run since you only got a Plague Doctor and Vestal with possibly poor abilities. Lv.3+ dungeons are super hard.

Really? Because at this point I'm making GBS threads out so much damage that unless something has a particular gimmick like the Hag I can crush it in a hurry. I haven't had to destress anyone who's gone into 3+ dungeons because they own anything they meet before it can cause stress or damage.

Are you using the camp abilities that buff damage, accuracy and crit? They make things much easier.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

While we're talking about things we think would be cool to add to the game, I kind of wish units would kind of invisibly track how many missions they complete with other guys, so if you use a team of guys regularly, they get "attached" to each other and suffer more stress when a good friend gets hurt or benefit more when a good friend gets a crit. And when someone's at Death's Door, if a teammate used the character's name when they shout something like, "You can't die, ________!" it would had a nice personal touch.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I just wish the Hag was a more predictable and controllable fight. Last time I tried to fight her it was like she kept getting action after action without me getting to do anything. Into the Pot--> Taste the Stew --> Tenderize the Meat --> Season to Perfection all one after the other just over and and over, and each time she acts the person in the pot loses more health. I felt like I never had a chance to respond and ended up losing three of my best guys.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'd just like a little more control over which positive quirks were retained, so there was more of a sense of character building.

It needs a pop up like learning new skills in Persona or Pokemon.

Genocyber posted:

They could have a shop in town where you can pay to lock in Quirks, so they're not erased when you get a new one.

Or this. Simplest thing would be to make it another function of the sanitarium.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 9, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My Jester now has 97% deathblow resistance. :getin:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Check if any of your dudes have the "Unyielding" quirk, and give those trinkets to them instead. They will end up with 107% deathblow resistance and be unkillable.

Pretty sure he already has unyielding. 10 percent from the quirk, 10 percent from each of two tambourines.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

No, but I'll keep a lookout.

Got screwed by hunger events in a long dungeon, which cheated me out of a rare trinket, but that's okay, because a random encounter dropped an ancestral that doubles my bounty hunter's dodge and speed. :woop:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

etalian posted:

I hope the game gets a balance tweak since right now the only viable tactic early on sending suicide teams out to collect loot.

Only viable tactic? Hardly.

I mean, I'm sure it works because adventurers are free until you start investing in them, but I've done quite well and never bothered with something like a suicide squad.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Danakir posted:

That stuff persists even after the battle, yeah. Dazzling Light is actually a really good way to keep your torch topped off if you're willing to cheese a little.

And potentially a way to make an occultist a boon to a grave robber trio of pitch black crit fiends, because they can use a move to make the torch drop even faster.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The statue/fountain thing next to the trinket dealer also lights up but does nothing when you click.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I think it's called 'Witnessed Unsavoury Practices' or something and it means they won't pray at the Church.

But they will flagellate. :wiggle:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I did have a bug with a tree/rubble. I used my shovel to remove a pile of rubble, then immediately backed out and camped because I forgot to do so before entering the hallway. I did not pass through where the rubble had been. When I went back, the rubble was still there, but my shovel had of course been used.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That's what you get for picking up any old book off the street, you rake.

That's what I'm going to call it from now on. "Where was I last night? Oh, I was just getting lost in a good book."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I put together my Hag-Hunting Hellions team of three hellions and a vestal and went after the Hag that ate three of my best characters. She didn't even put anyone in the pot, and bled to death from massive damage at the start of round 3. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Eurgh, my irreplaceable Crusader keeps nicking poo poo so I can't afford to send him to the sanitarium to stop him nicking poo poo. :argh:

I'm guessing skill unlocks are per character rather than per class?

Correct. If you buy Holy Lance on one Crusader and then hire another, he may or not have Holy Lance on his own and you may have to buy it again.