Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CottonWolf posted:

My PS4's just started downloading a big update. Stealth episode drop?

No there's a patch to fix stuff in the past two episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

I believe next episode is out next week, unless there was a delay.

Nothing's official yet except that it'll be out this month.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised by a trailer tomorrow as the release did already slip from the six week plan.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's because they use special cleaners on eggs in America that weaken the shell.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CottonWolf posted:

Am I the only one who pathologically rewinds after accessing computers and looking at files?

No-one must know! :tinfoil:

I did that with David's considering that someone as paranoid as him probably logs logins.

Edit: \/ I also rewound the earlier time you check out his garage so his folders hadnt been touched.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 25, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm actually expecting us to be thrown for a loop really early on in episode 4. Like Nathan has very little to do with the conspiracy (or nothing at all,) even if the other members of his family are.

EDIT: \/ Hasn't it been somewhat implied that Frank's changed a lot since Rachel vanished? Maybe he was more her type before.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 27, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

If you look in her bible in her room the right passage is underlined, and the wrong passage is scratched out I think.

That's exactly it. So much of that chat involves paying attention to details in her room.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

woodenchicken posted:

Do you even get to interact with Kate in any way at all if shes alive?

Not in episode 3 for sure.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're just producing this one but it's probably one of, if not the, best game they've put out thus far.

This one or Primordia's the best, but so far Technobabylon might win out.

They've done such a great job with the characters.

EDIT: \/ Dex is pretty good too, though it's got a more action bent to it.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 6, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

seravid posted:

Ah, I hadn't noticed that abomination she's wearing. It looks like a deformed, dripping toilet seat. Welp, guess it matches her spinal cord.

Pretty sure that's a harness, not a fashion statement.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Steam IS downloading 2.3 GBs.

I'm hella excited.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jesus Chloe.

I didn't expect you to want me to (major ep 4 spoiler) put you out of your misery

Edit: \/ hardest bloody choice so far

Edit 2: holy poo poo actual Kate. payoff

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 28, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I don't think so. Seems to be a story beat you can't affect.

Also holy poo poo Chloe + Gun + Frank can go so, so badly Thank god for the rewind.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

monster on a stick posted:

What does he say?

He basically admits he knows horrible things are going on at Blackwell and warns Max to stay out of it for their own safety.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think that's right. At one point you look at a missing persons website, and Rachel was the only person in Arcadia Bay to go missing in the last 10 years. It seems like Jefferson's usual MO was not to kill the girls. But something happened with Rachel and she died and now things are spiraling out of his control.

That really changes the whole framework of this story if you notice it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

pog boyfriend posted:

and really doesnt give off the same vibes he does in the first episode.

Well, it's pretty obvious why he acts that way in episode 1when you look at things from his perspective. Chloe's "friends" that he's met up to this point have all been horrible negative influences on her (except maybe Rachel, but he doesn't seem to have known her THAT well.) He didn't know who Max was at all.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Torgo2727 posted:

Possible Episode 5 spoilers, though its just speculation on my part.

Are both hands Chloe? :iiam:

They both have her blue nail polish.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

If all of those red binders were from Arcadia Bay but there haven't been any missing persons reports since 2001, does Jefferson do some kind of messed-up "catch and release" where he drugs people, takes photographs of them, then lets them go so they don't realize what's happened to them? Would that make Rachel an accident, like she woke up too early or Nathan hosed it up somehow? Or did he regularly kill his victims and most of those binders are from his time in the city? If so, why did they spare Kate Marsh - worried about too much heat now that Rachel was dead?

Yes, this much is pretty obvious. Rachel's death was a gently caress up. Remember: it happened to Chloe (though it doesn't look like Jefferson took pictures so maybe Nathan was using her as a guinea pig.) Nathan's text messages also make it pretty clear something went wrong the night of Rachel's death.

Jefferson's thing is (or at least was) making creepy voyeuristic photos of drugged up girls, not murder.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Max posted:

They have a few possible avenues for rescue, so that's going to be interesting to see how you get out of the situation.

If you supported David and also befriended Frank they both show up and end up killing each other. Bad end.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Azubah posted:

Even if the last episode is somehow not up to expectations, I legit will always recommend this game because of the Kate encounter.

That encounter and pretty much the entirety of episode 4 make the game worthwhile on their own.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Snuffman posted:

Remember Me...visually was cool? Great design and all. Not a great game. :smith:

Yeah, pretty much. Had a lot of neat ideas, but Dontnod just don't seem great action game devs. Makes me wonder how much was publisher mandated since stuff like the memory remixing contrasted heavily with the simple platforming and lacklustre combat that made up the majority of the game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

VagueRant posted:

I took a punt on Tales from The Borderlands and although I'm obviously missing a lot from not playing Borderlands 1/2, I'm really enjoying it. It's still very Telltale-y, but they're actually having fun with the format, and they're not constrained by the license or by being a prequel/interquel. So yeah. Strong soundtrack so far too.

It's a sort of interquel, taking place between Borderlands 2 and the framing narration of Presequel and a few events will tie into both games but not in huge ways. I think what makes the whole thing work is that the player characters are basically "civilians" whereas in the main BL games you're playing badass mercenaries.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

epitasis posted:

heres my question about japanese schooling: do they all have that same design where theres a hallway next to a wall of windows and then all the classrooms are on the same side of the building

A lot of their schools were built when their government was very utilitarian so they kind of resemble Soviet bloc structures and yes, many of them do have the exact same layout since they were built around the same time period.

As for how much they understand our school system, the school in Silent Hill seems to be modeled after the one in Kindergarten Cop.

EDIT: /\ It's possible they won't release an episode 5 trailer to avoid spoilers.

EDIT2: \/ Weird, it works here.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 14, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sout posted:

So wait, what time is the the episode coming out, midnight BST (e:wednesday morning) is it?

Probably around 1 PM EST if Valve updates the usual time but didn't the last one come out earlier?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah they've said a second season would be a whole new setting and cast though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I really hope this follows the release of the previous steam releases and comes out tonight instead of tomorrow

Edit: looks like it will http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/life-strange-finale-launch-trailer

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
They could pull it off in an interesting way. Like Chloe's murder sets off an investigation that dismantles the entire Prescott conspiracy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
[quote="Dolash" post=""451642876"]C'moooon, release one day early! I have more free time tonight than tomorrow!
[/quote]

According to the DN blog I linked earlier the actual episode will release in about six hours on Steam

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I only saw the comments, didn't watch the video but

(not a plot spoiler)
Multiple endings confirmed

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's one thing that weirded me out the whole Prescott evil conspiracy turned out to be nothing

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Life is Stranger

Life is Strange 2: The Ghost Dimension

Life is Strange 2: Electric Boogaloo

They strike a deal with Netflix:

Life is Stranger Things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nameless Pete posted:

I defy anyone to name a character better suited for a roguelike than Chloe.

Max?

You could even use time rewinding as the restart mechanic.

• Locked thread