Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

Finally just got caught up with this game.
Cool game, huh?

I gave up on the Frank scene after a few tries, partly because at some point there were multiple of the same conversation going on at once, so I had dialogue options even when another animation was happening. I must have travelled back in time and combined multiple universes or something. In my headcanon that's why there were two moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Sorry for the lateness, but did you all reload if Kate died? I didn't, because I felt the no rewind in that section sort of suggested I should have to deal with the consequences, on PC it said 35% of people couldn't save her.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Viva Miriya posted:

I don't understand how its possible to kill Kate. Like it was easy to talk her down.

I looked it up and she jumps if she responds poorly to 2/6 of the prompts. I guess I messed up by choosing "your mother"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I wonder if there'll be a sequel or "season 2" for this game. I think it stands well on its own and doesn't necessarily need one, but if they follow the Telltale route it's possible.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, who predicted the twist. I am a dope and I didn't, so it made for a neat shock, I'm sure there are clues in the game that I glossed over, and thinking about it I can see his motives as Weird Hipster Art Man

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I thought some of that scene was a little odd to be honest.
Max says "The other girls were doing really mean poo poo towards you but I stopped it."
and she says "thanks, you're a real friend" instead of "oh no, everyone did mean poo poo towards me" which is what I was expecting
I'm paraphrasing.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Xanderkish posted:

Also how long are we sticking with spoiler tags? Someone suggested a week.

Woops.
I unfortunately glanced the word "wheelchair" on the wikipedia page for LIS but not the context so I was always expecting characters to get hurt.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I noticed how 2 of the license plates were "TWLGHTZN" and "TWNPKS" in ep4, i think they appeared in earlier episodes though, right?
Couldn't figure out if the others meant anything.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I didn't because that's kind of a messed up thing to spring on a friend you've just reconnected with after five years. Imagine if you were stuck in that timeline too -- what would you say to Joyce and William after you've just euthanized their daughter, because "it's totally what she wanted guys, no seriously trust me on this"? They know Chloe is sick but it's their collective decision to make, not yours.

I eventually decided to accept her request, but had some difficulty with it.
My two reasons were 1) in Walking Dead s1 I didn't make Clementine shoot Lee and felt bad about it
and 2) I think I once argued for assisted suicide in school philosophy once.
e: I didn't know what to expect so was a tiny bit surprised to see the majority of players chose the same option.

sout fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 1, 2015

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I know graphics whining is dumb so i'll try not to.
I really likes the way the game looks, but unfortunately it can sometimes look a little rough, most noticeably in hair. You could argue this contributes to more of a cartoon aesthetic, but I wonder if this game could benefit from some TressFX treatment or whatever.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dumb question incoming:
why are the characters 18/19 in this game? I thought in the US high school ended at the same age group as in the UK (17/18), unless this is a special case because of it being a boarding school or something?
Maybe every major character got held back a year.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

nthrrth is another earth I think

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Holy poo poo, Life really is Strange.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Paladinus posted:

It's strange if you don't hate Chloe.

I guess Life is Strange then

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wait, when does he hit Chloe?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Fans posted:

My greatest concern with Max being kidnapped is who is going to feed Alice?

I mean yeah Rachel got shot and we're about to drugged by a crazy man, but will be the bunny be okay? Warren if you feed the bunny rabbit all your creepy stalking is forgiven.

So that's why he's called Warren

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm very curious to see how much variety there can be in the endings. Goddamn I want more Life is Strange, I never played Remember Me but I'm excited to see what Dontnod does next (and hopefully, it's more of this)

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Snuffman posted:

A Vampire RPG!

Remember Me...visually was cool? Great design and all. Not a great game. :smith:

Oh yeahhh, I did hear about that but the 2017 release date (which is what you'd expect) sort of made me push it to the back of my mind.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd like to see more Max and Chloe after this game finishes up. I think they said a sequel would be new characters, but I wanna see them road trip or something.

Like Oregon Trail, and Max has to keep rewinding each time Chloe dies of dysentery.

Chloe & Max Hit The Road

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

The final choice is the tornado chucks Chloe at Alyssa and you have to decide to warn her or not.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

*time to finish up episode 4 in anticipat- :stare:

:stare:

Yep.
I saw the GB Quick Look after ep 1 came out and thought "this actually looks really cool" but neglected to buy it until just after ep 4 came out. I'm enjoying anticipating ep5 but it was also nice to be able to run straight through the bulk of the game in a couple days.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Life is Strange probably benefits from being its own thing and not having to fit into another licensed universe like Telltale's games

sout
Apr 24, 2014

So when the 20th rolls around we going back to spoiler tags? It seems silly that someone would read the last page of thread having not completed it but I guess people may not want the other (hopefully) endings to be spoiled?

I'm curious to see whether Rachel features in the next episode too, and in what form, I suspect she has to, right?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, I did a second save where I did all the other options or in some cases was more consistent in my attitudes towards certain characters, but I'm going to go through ep 5 with my first save, at least initially.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I feel that games like these kind of lose their impact when you replay them so I've kept all my decisions. I think the important thing about choice-based narratives is knowing that things could have gone differently, regardless of if you ever chose to go through them again.

This is true, however I was itching to play some more so :shrug:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

So wait, what time is the the episode coming out, midnight BST (e:wednesday morning) is it?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Probably around 1 PM EST if Valve updates the usual time but didn't the last one come out earlier?

I dunno, this will be the first time (or maybe I bought it just before ep4 came out?) that I played an episode on release date so I couldn't tell you, just misunderstood the post below.
Cheers!

DivisionPost posted:

I'm on East Coast PS4 so I have to wait until stupid 7 PM on Stupid Tuesday, but at least this time I'll have the last Tales From the Borderlands episode to keep me busy.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

aaaaaaaaaaahhhh i'm excited

how far will you go to save your son town?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Axel Serenity posted:

Prepatch contains :siren: improved lip-synch for all episodes :siren:

A good prepatch

Yeah some good quality of life patches for collectibles mode too.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Torgo2727 posted:

:getin:

I'm not sure how, but a twee adventure of a hipster high school girl is one of my favorites, if not the favorite, game of all time.

life is strange

sout
Apr 24, 2014

So that's really the episode? I guess of course nobody really wants to go through and check it lol.
Alright, checking out of this thread till tomorrow, good ol' UK timezones.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO SAVE ALYSSA

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mixed feelings about the ending. I chose to sacrifice Chloe, like all choices in the game I regretted it basically immediately, but I guess I'm definitely going to go through in another save anyway.
I feel really strongly about this game, and I feel like it did a lot of things I wanted, and some things I didn't expect ("I only want to go ape with you, Chloe" sequence).
I suppose it's the point, but this ending is so frustrating, I sort of wish there was some permanence for your choices in this case. The good news is wouldn't feel this way if I didn't like the characters as much as I did, which is I suppose in itself a success.

There's so much to think about, this was a dense episode.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

does the kiss only happen if you did it in ep3? I didn't see it in my KILL CHLOE ending, or does it always happen in the KILL EVERYONE ending?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

jonnypeh posted:

I'm maybe 1/3 through. The time is hosed and I have to unfuck it. :psyduck:

goonspeed

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Chaos Theory is magic.

J-dogg totally dropped the "oval office" bomb, have they said that before? I mean it was a little surprising but given the game's content not really out of place

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I think I was basically okay with the ending, but what does disappoint me is that I know so many people are bummed out about it and it might sour how people remember the game down the line.
I thought the ep was a cool ride, would people be more pissed off if there literally wasn't a choice, or that there was a choice and one ending seems more fleshed out than the other?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Max and Warren totally went ape in my playthrough

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Haha what is this for real?

I really loved the nightmare/reality loving up sequence. The birds splattering on the window, the weird MGS-esque sequence, the walking through all the Chloe/Max memories. The game trolling you with the bottles. The giant squirrels made me :stare: a bit. In fact the whole sequence going through the dorm hallway multiple times was :psyduck:ing me up

Haha not as far as I know. I thought that stuff was cool too, really really bizarre though. i noticed one of the texts is dated 21/18 or 18/21 which isn't a real date, way to gently caress up the calendar, Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Does Max rip up her classroom selfie?
Life is Strange 2: Max changes her mind, goes back in time and saves Chloe, tells everyone to GTFO.

The kill Chloe choice is a pretty big downer, besides having Chloe die, Max would then be stuck with the knowledge of everything that happened, knowing that she most likely would conceal all knowledge of it, and having to abstain from ever using her powers even when she knows she could use it in a useful way.
I was almost expecting Rachel to eventually have a more literal appearance in the game, but I guess her absence adds to that brutality - nothing you can feasibly do could help her. You could argue that by making the final choice so polarizing that it reinforces this desperation but I dunno, feels like I'm being an apologist, because I really wanted this game to be brilliant and I do think that it is. I will say that the Chaos Theory thing is definitely weak, and I could sort of see it coming, why is that every time fate is involved in fiction the characters make a point about not believing in it?

• Locked thread