Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I remember getting into the beta years ago and then picking it back up when I upgraded my PC. I'm absolutely blown away by it and every now and then I show pictures to my friends and they think it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

They said in the AC update that AI was improved, can anyone comment on it? Are they no longer brain dead?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GTCC Group 2 Best Group 2 checking in. I picked up pCars for the PC because 1.) I don't have my 360 hooked up or have Gold anymore, 2.) PC stuff is awesome and 3.) Can't afford an Xbone.

Can MP games be created by anyone, or do we need servers?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

headfake posted:

I only have the Junior membership (10 euros). They said they're going to take away the beta version and give me a 20% discount coupon for the retail. That hasn't happened yet, but they posted about it on the 27th and said it could take days, so I'm assuming it will happen eventually.

I'm a Team Member and haven't received any notification about it. I thought I'd be getting the full game when it's released. If not then that's a big bummer.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Has there been any questions about a boost button on the thread?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I haven't gotten any word about getting the 50% coupon to purchase pCars on Steam, and I still have the game downloaded from when I joined as a Team Member. Should I uninstall it and see if it works? I'm assuming I should email SMS about the discount if nothing has come in yet.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

headfake posted:

For me the discount just appeared next to the price on the store page (as if the game were just on sale).

Ha, I literally check it randomly after logging out of and signing back into Steam and the coupon has come through and the game is out of the library. Phew! Coupon only exists for a month so might as well use it ASAP.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Anyone got any good suggestions on the config for a 360 pad such as sensitivity and such? I'd use my wheel but its in storage and I'm trying to find a config that isn't so twitchy.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Wallrod posted:

Absolutely this. Though it's really part of a bigger issue with the poor usability of the menus in general, being able to save setups would at least help by not making you go through them so many times.

I absolutely loathe that they never put in the ability to make control adjustments for your controller/wheel while in a race. Having to exit to the menus, mess with it there, then try a race to see if it works well is a pain in the rear end.

That's the nice thing about Game Stock Car. Not saying that pCars sucks, there's just little things that are annoying that I'm sure they'll remedy down the line with a patch (I hope).

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

What about L Harrison?????

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Anyone know a way to remove just the hands on the steering wheel? The options I have is either no hands/no wheel or hands/wheel.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Any of you guys follow Empty Box on YouTube? He reviewed pCars, saying the AI was lackluster and that the physics aren't that great. I think he generally falls into the sim group that no traction = realism and I think the AI is pretty good considering it's better than racing against bad pubbies. Obviously leagues or with people you know make the game better.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Damnit I wish my work schedule didn't suck so much. I usually have openings in the morning so if you guys see me (Sigma One) on Steam playing the game I'm most likely up for some MP.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

That G29 better be a quieter rig. I'd like to have a backup of a very reliable company compared to my stuff from Fanatec.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I'd drive... But my days have been plagued with work and weekender plagued with drunk drinking. I'm on PC so I'll try and send out a notice.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Is like to hop in some PC racing tonight. I'll keep my eyes out for you guys.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Basticle posted:

Event logo by OhsH

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

We're doin' this Thursday June 4th, 9PM Eastern (GMT-5)

Google Docs link

:siren: Note that Sakitto is, by request, a night race! :siren:

This is for PC if it wasnt obvious

drat, gonna miss this one. Really want to win some MSPaint Trophies.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Wait we are having a race tomorrow? Time and info? I'd might be able to make it for once!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

PS it's June 6 right now!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Races were fun, save for me getting work phone calls! Sorry for sitting at the start line, that call was an emergency. Luckily at the race at Donnington I was able to get off the track to take the call.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GhostDog posted:

So am I just not getting the proper line at all or has the AI three times the grip on the last chicane in Silverstone?

The AI more than likely has some traction fuckery going on. It's more obvious when they go off track or when it's pouring rain and they're dropping times as if they were on slicks in the sun.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I'd like a Tiff Needell voice pack.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

wolrah posted:

How hard is it to say "gently caress off you morons, we submit the patches to Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN at the same time. It's not our fault that the consoles have additional delays, complain to the console makers. You chose the restrictive platform so deal with the consequences."

I've worked with a company that did both PC and console games. The problem with bad-mouthing a console's slow certification process is that it sometimes leads to the process being conveniently "delayed".

Now I work with a company that works with the state government and everytime we bug them to process something faster, it takes longer.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

I want this for Euro Truck Simulator so much.

I like how it says its exclusively for FS2015 but no way in hell is someone NOT going to use that for other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Forza 2 was the best due to the soundtrack.

• Locked thread